Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Broken Children ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue - Broken Children
 
A small boy stirred from his bed. The noise of young children playing outside his door was heard as they ran through the hall. The boy stretched and slowly rose from his bed. He shivered lightly from the cold and he looked out the window at the soft snow landing against the windowpane. He walked towards his door and slowly turned the knob.
 
He opened the door and slowly walked down the hall. Children didn't bother to apologize as they bumped into him as they passed. It didn't matter; he didn't care. As in a daze he kept walking. Little girls were playing house around the living room and little boys ran around as if they were superheroes. Everything was so quiet.
 
As the boy slowly advanced down the hall, his long sleeved blue pajamas dangling off the ends of his hands and his feet not able to stretched through the bottoms probably. He heard voices from the kitchen. He would have ignored them but something made him stop outside of the door.
 
“Mother Marian, what are we going to do? At this rate, we'll have to turn down the children.” A woman said.
 
“I know, but as long as I am here, we will accept them all. No matter how we get them.” Mother Marian said.
 
“Mother…we wont be able to feed them all. Food is on a shortage; no one wants to go outside. We are living in a proverbial hell!” She angrily said as a loud bang and the sound of silver wear bouncing. A small infant from inside of the door began to cry.
 
“Shh, it's alright, we wont put you back out into that cold.” Mother Marian said softly. “Now Sister Lilly, please understand that all of this is known already. Since the tragic day that the Angel had passed, the Vengeful Spirits has multiplied. The New Order cannot keep up with them. Not with the spirit's new way of—”
 
“Don't say it, please, the thought of it is just to horrible. Mother, do you believe that this child may truly be the one we have been waiting for?” Sister Lilly asked.
 
“Only time can tell. White feathers were found next to her, it doesn't mean she is the next angel, nor does it mean she isn't. All we can do is pray and wait. Our duty is to protect these children. So many families have become broken since the vengeful spirits have returned.” Mother Marian said softly. The child had calmed down.
 
“I understand, what are we going to do with the children who know about the spirits, and those…those things?” Sister Lilly asked.
 
“You are meaning Daemon. Yes, the shock of losing his parents, then turning around and his grandparents taken from him. The child has been through a lot in such a short two years.” Mother Marian said.
 
“Does he still carry the feather?” Sister Lilly asked.
 
“Yes. I believe that perhaps that he was most affected, as a child, by the death of the Angel. He is the only child here that has met him. The poor dear lost all his hope and refuses to speak.” Mother Marian said.
 
“Have you called the doctor and notified the Police of the child?” Lilly asked, changing the subject.
 
“I have, but they are busy a crossed town with another attack. They will not be able to reach us until later this evening.” Marian said.
 
“I'll go check on the children now, it is almost time to gather them for breakfast.” Lilly said as she walked over towards the door and opened it, knocking Daemon to the floor. “Daemon? I didn't know you were there. Are you alright dear?” She helped him up slowly and he nodded gently. He walked a little passed her and looked into the room where Lilly had just come from. Upon the table a small basket was placed and a visible lightly tanned arm was visible.
 
Daemon slowly walked through the door and looked up at the basket. Mother Marian smiled.
 
“Would you like to see her?” She asked as she gently lifted him and placed him on a chair. Daemon looked at Mother Marian then slowly down at the girl. His jaw dropped slightly as he looked at the small girl before him.
 
Her tiny body wiggled around in the light cloth. Her head was full of black, straight hair. She opened her eyes and saw the boy in front of her and laughed.
 
“It looks like she likes you Daemon. Would you like to know her name?” Mother Marian asked placing her hands on his shoulders.
 
“It's Téa.” He said smiling.”
 
“Daemon…you, you spoke?” Lilly asked walking up to his side and looking at him. The boy that had walked in a daze daily down the halls and never showed any sign of emotion, now smiled as if he had all along. Mother Marian smiled and chuckled.
 
“How did you know that Daemon?” Mother Marian asked quietly again. Daemon beamed up at her with a grin from ear to ear.
 
“She told me.” Daemon replied.
 
“Daemon, why don't you take Téa and go play in the living room with the others.” Mother Marian asked as Daemon agreed. Daemon jumped to the floor and Mother Marian gently gave him Téa. Daemon gently carried her to the other room and Sister Lilly closed the door behind him.
 
“Mother Marian, we never discussed her name. Not even I know her name. The Daemon must have pulled that name out of—”
 
“Her name is Téa.” Mother Marian said with a gentle smile as she gently handed over a small slip of paper to Lilly.
 
Sister Lilly hesitated to take the slip of paper. She gently took it into her own hands as if it was some vile substance that should have never existed. She opened it. After a moment, she gasped and dropped the slip of paper and it feel open on to the floor below.
 
The small slip of paper read:
 
We do hopefully believe that you will be able to raise this child into a life where she can know the difference between right and wrong. One day great things may come from the heart of this small child. Please watch over and protect Téa.
 
~*~
 
Author's Note: Well, I guess it's the long awaited start of the sequel of “Secret Tragedies of the Hear”. It's been so long…I just started working on this today. Though, I've had the outlines written many weeks ago. Well, a lot will have changed in this story. I'll be adding a few things. Since this is a fantasy, I can do things that can't happen in real life. If you haven't already guessed, I write in a dark manner. In the first few chapters you'll really get to meet the main characters and you'll be able to see the changes from the last story to this one. I hope that you will enjoy my writings and please check in now and then to see if I've updated. Also, please review. I want to make my writings as enjoyable as possibly. Please tell me what you like and don't. I am working on grammar and spelling errors on the old story between times I don't get bored. I'll soon have the finished version of that up. Well, till next time.