Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Consumed by the Darkness ❯ Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Give up…Just let go…You’ll finally be free…

No…I can’t…People are…My family is depending on me! I’m the heir!

To what? A business that requires you to give up your humanity? Your life? Who you are?

S…Stop it…It hurts…!

What hurts is your soul, not you, but the pain of your very heart. Just use it. It will all be over soon…

It was a dark room. Lightning flashed outside as water droplets collected on the windows. The form of a young girl lay sprawled across the floor. Her clothes were torn and thin slashes covers her arms and legs. Lying inches away, was a blood soaked knife. The young girl trembled, her hand reaching toward the knife.

I can’t do it…

Yes, you can…If you don’t, you’ll never be freed from this cruel world. A world full of hate, greed, suffering and darkness…

But I don’t want to…

You have no choice.

Release me!

Just do it.

No…

Do it!

Tears streamed from the young girl’s eyes. She had no control over her hand as it closed its fingers around the knife. She sat up and the knife began to close the distance between itself and her throat. The knife stopped an inch away from her neck. Her hands trembled as she tried to regain her sanity.

I won’t do it.

You will…

I won’t.

You will!

I won’t!

YOU WILL!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

The knife pierced the skin of her throat. The girl collapsed onto the floor, a scarlet puddle collecting beneath her as her life slipped away.