Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Sunrise/Karasu ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The sun rose the next morning. The woman awoke for real this time. Ryuji stood in front of her.
"Morning," he said. The woman looked.
"Who are you?" she asked him. The boy smiled.
"I'm Tokomi Ryuji," he said. The woman just kept quiet.
"My sis and I found you just down the road," the boy explained. "You looked as if you've seen better days. So we picked you and took you in our house."
"Uh.... thanks…" the woman said.
"Don't mention it, uh...." Ryuji said.
"Kasumi," the woman said.
"Ka-su-mi." the boy said.
What a lovely name!, he thought.
Then footsteps entered the room. Kasumi and Ryuji looked up. Haruko stood in the doorway.
"Oh good, you're up," she said to the woman. Kasumi eyed her.
"Who are you?" she asked the older girl.
"I'm Haruko, Ryuji's older sister," she said.
"What happened to me?" Kasumi asked
"We don't know," Haruko said. "We just found you in the night." Kasumi sat still. There was a gap in her memory. She could remember why she ran away. She could remember her family. She could even remember... him... But the last few days Kasumi was out on the road, she couldn't remember.
"Uh... hey!" Ryuji spoke up. Kasumi looked up.
"You hungry?" the boy asked.
"Huh?" she asked.
"Are you hungry?" Ryuji asked again. Kasumi sat still. It donned on her, she had a meal since she could remember. Kasumi nodded.
"Come eat breakfast with us," Ryuji said.
"Su-- Sure." the woman replied. Then she got out of bed and the three of them headed downstairs to the kitchen.
Chapter Two: Sunrise

Within the darkness's mouth, he was lingering there. Staring into the darkness, he grinned. The darkness had been his partner for years. He had grown to love it.
He threw a stone into the water. The ripples spread throughout the water. Gray mist of the dust below spread up and out. He grinned at the sensation.
The cove is near, he thought. And I shall have it!
He descended down to the light. He needed a guide. No! He had a guide. Yes! She was his guide. She would lead him to the cove. Lead him to victory.
Aw Kasumi, he thought in a dark twisted way. Don't cry. I'm here for you!
Chapter three: Karasu