Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Karasu's Chariot ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

His blood red eyes yanked open. Found her!
He rose from his darkness and walked to the courtyard. A tenant walked out to him.
"Are you setting out, sir?" he asked. The man just walked by. The tenant raced after him.
"Shall I prepare the chariot?" he asked. Karasu didn't turn around.
"Yes," he said.
"Yes, my lord," the tenant said with a bow. He followed him to the gates.
Fire lights up the sky. The sound of hooves raced through the blackened clouds. The horses breathed out dusty smoke through their nostrils. Inside, Karasu sat in the darkness. He could smell her again.
She's used it again!, he thought. She's used our chi again. He closed his eyes to take in the scent. The hyacinths on her skin and hair didn't die from his memory. He breathed in heavily. Something stirred awake within him.
Years ago, they split a special power between them before his fall. When one used their chi for anything, it would draw the other to them.
"It's our secret bond," he told her. "This will always lead me back to you." She blushed when he told her that. That still held true today. He smirked to himself.
"I am coming for you," he murmured. His silence trailed along with the fiery horses in the sky.
On the ground, it took Kasumi seconds to figure what she had done. Oh no, he's coming for me...
Chapter Eighteen: Kasrau's Chariot