Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Two Sufferers ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kasumi sat beside Kameko for the rest of the night. Why did she care about this child so much? She couldn't possibly gain anything from it. Only the woman knew the answer.
She felt a kind of kinship with this girl. They didn't really share much in common. Yet, they had a strong darkness locked in their hearts. Kasumi patted the girl on the head.
"Don't give into the monster just yet," she whispered. Kameko didn't respond. She didn't even look up at her. Kasumi settled in place to finally rest for the night. But then, she froze with such a shock. Her eyes moved behind her.
He's found me again!, she thought. Her mind flashed back to the crew. I can't let him drag them down like he did last time! She closed her eyes to block out the pain. Suddenly, something or someone touched her hand. Kasumi yanked her eyes wide open. Her head jerked over to her right. Kameko stared deep into her grey-blue eyes.
Is someone hunting you?, she asked in the warrior woman's head. Kasumi hadn't expect communication to come in this form to her. But at this point, any other sounds in her head would calm her down.
Yes. Who are you right now?
I am here right now.
When you say you are here, do you mean...
I am Kameko-chan, but I do not know how long I will be here.
What exactly do you mean by this?
I'm not sure when one of the others will come in and take over.
You mean the other souls?
Kameko gave her a slow nod. Kasumi took a moment to assess this bit of information. Still didn't seem like enough information yet. She lightly held the girl's hand back.
I heard how this exactly started, but how do you handle it?
Kameko shook her head. Kasumi looked at her, perplexed.
You don't know how to?
No.
So they keep you in here?
Yes.
Kasumi gave her a little smile as she placed all of her thoughts together for a conclusion. Would you like to get out of here?
Kameko's eyes grew big at that question. What?!? And go where?
I'll give you time to think about it.
Kameko didn't respond anymore after that. Kasumi stayed with her for the rest of the night.
Chapter Nineteen: Two Suffers