Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
He can smell her here tonight. Karasu's been waiting all day for her to come. He didn't even stir until he could feel her. He used her scent to lead him to the exact inn where she was staying.
Kasumi-chan, come out, come out, wherever you are!
His men with their lights did the attention of the people inside of the inns. Nobody wanted to come and talk to him due to the official-looking appearance he commanded. This worked out in his favor. No one would bother him during this time of crisis. Anyone brave enough to approach him, he would ask if they had seen his target by showing them Kasumi's image in their heads. The person in question would give him the answer. He would thank them and erase their memory of ever seeing him or his target's face projected into their minds. The last answer led them the Tap Inn. When the precession stopped, the man held out his hand.
"Stop here," he commanded, "The rain is getting thick. We will rest here for tonight." The party stopped and vanished into spinning dust long with his carrier. The dust washed away with the pounding rain. Karasu rose to his feet and headed into the Tap Inn. A cold smile flashed across his face.
She's here!, he thought. His pale, bony fingers touched the cold glass before him. Yes. The man held his sword at his side along with his charms. He tracked her down; he needed to lure her out next. Lucky for him, he didn't even have to try so hard to do all of that. No sooner had he pushed open the cold glass door, the cool wind blew her scent into his nose. Karasu opened his red eyes and looked forward. Just a few feet away stood his prize. Setsuna had her hand to her sword just about ready to draw. Her eyes narrowed with fire at her former lover and mentor. A cold twisted smile came onto his face.
"Kasumi-chan," he cooed, "It's been so long. Look how much you've grown!" Kasumi fought to keep her stoic face and brutal stance.
"Seita!" she hissed, "What the hell do you want?!?" The man shook his head at his target.
"My dear," he said, "Seita does not exist anymore. My name is Karasu." He put up his hand when she started to draw her sword.
"Now, now," he said, "I just want to talk first." Setsuna gritted her teeth as she remembered her life with Seita/Karasu years before it came to this point.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Reunion: