Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Heading Out and Joining Up ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Do we have everything?" Haruko asked.

"Yep!" Hisako cheered. Conni barked as if to agree.

"Yes," Kameko said in a small voice. Haruko smiled and looked back at the inn.

"Are you guys ready?" she asked.

"Yes!" Ryuji shouted.

"Yes," Kasumi replied. Haruko took in a deep breath.

"Right," she said. "Let's get going." She walked up to the front desk of the inn and paid the check out bill. While they waited, Ryuji focused his attention on Kasumi.

"Where to now?" he asked.

"Wherever," Kasumi answered. He tilted his head, confused.

"That's it?" he asked. She patted him on the head with new resolve.

"Well, we have to head out east first," Kasumi added.

"Why is that?" Ryuji asked.

"The sea is out there and the Cove might be out there," she answered. Haruko hurried back to her crew.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

"Yeah!" Ryuji shouted. The party walked out the beaded curtain door.

-------

Shasha stretched her arms in the air. "Ah, that felt good!" she said out loud. The rowdy girl turned to her partner. "Ready to go?" she asked. Emmit nodded his head.

"Don't forget about me!" Sayako shouted as she hurried over to the duo.

"No!" Shasha snapped. The maid grabbed at her shorts.

"Please?" she pleaded. "I can't stand it here anymore!"

"Not my problem!" Shasha snapped. She tried to shake the former heiress off. Yet, Sayako refused to give up.

"You can't leave me here!" she whined.

"Shut up!" Shasha barked. "God, you're annoying!"

"Please take me with you!" the maid begged.

"No!" Shasha screamed. Sayako gave her a little pouting face.

"I said no," the younger girl repeated.

"But you must," the maid insisted. "I won't stop harassing you until you do!" Shasha made a face of discomfort. She turned to Emmit for help. He shrugged and shook his head. His friend sighed and lowered her head.

"Fine," she muttered. "You can come with us!" Sayako stood up and hugged her wildly.

"I'll go get my things!" she said. The maid ran back to her quarters. Shasha tilted her head, still puzzled.

"What the hell just happened?!" she asked. Emmit shook his head as he shrugged again.

-------

While everyone headed out east, Akimi, Sanya, and Anna arrived on their own trail through the south.

Chapter Fifty: Heading Out and Joining Up: