Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ What Makes the Soul of a Man? ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Years Ago-

"What makes a soul of a man?" Seita asked in bed one night. Kasumi looked up, puzzled.

"What are you talking about?" she asked. He shrugged his shoulders underneath her.

"It's just a question."

"Ah."

He pulled him in closer. "I just have to know."

"I'm sorry, I can't help you there."

He rubbed on her shoulder. "You know, I don't believe in God, but sometimes I can't help but wonder..."

Kasumi gave him a puzzled look. "Where is all of this coming from?"

"I've been thinking lately."

"About what?"

"Just thinking."

She frowned at him. "Jerk."

Seita gave her a fake hurt look. "Aw, what?" he asked.

"You never tell me anything!"

"Of course I do!"

Kasumi hit him on the abs. "No, you don't! You haven't told me anything about yourself. Where are you from? Do you have any family? Do you have any friends? Things like that." He chuckled to himself as he rested his hand on her shoulder. She glared at his response.

"What?" she asked. Seita shook his head.

"I will tell you in due time," he told her. "All in due time." Kasumi pouted at him.

"You promise?" she asked. He kissed her on the forehead.

"I promise," he whispered. She should've taken that as a sign. For in the morning, she would awaken to a sea of blood and betrayal.

Chapter Fifty-One: What Makes the Soul of a Man?