Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Leaf Water Village Pt.1 ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Present Day-

Ryuji watched Kasumi's back as the exited the Water Hole town. He still had so much to ask her. The boy didn't even know where to begin.

"Hey Kasumi," he spoke. She didn't turn around. Ryuji paced himself to ask his questions. "Where exactly did you come from?" he asked. At first, she didn't respond. The girls in their group found themselves curious as well.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to..." Haruko spoke up.

"It's fine," Kasumi cut in. She turned around with no expression on her face. "I came from a dojo in Leaf Water Village," she answered. Everyone froze in their tracks when she said that.

"What did you say?" Hisako asked.

"Leaf Water Village," Kasumi repeated. The dog girl's eyes grew big.

"That Leaf Water Village?!" she asked.

"Yes."

Ryuji looked between the two girls with a puzzled look on his face. "Wait, what are you guys talking about?"

"Don't you know?" Hisako asked. Ryuji shook his head. She turned back to Kasumi.

"I think you can explain it better to him," she said in a low voice.

"Thank you," Kasumi said, bowing her head. She faced everyone in her party. "My village was destroyed by a true monster." Haruko put her hand to her mouth in shock. Ryuji narrowed his confused eyes at her.

"What kind of monster?" he asked.

"The corrupt kind," Kasumi said as memories of Seita filled her head. She felt herself break into trembling.

"Kasumi?" Ryuji asked. He stepped forward to try and get her attention, but Haruko stopped him by touching him on the shoulder. He turned around with his mouth open, but his sister shook her head. Kasumi grabbed onto her wrist.

"I trusted him," she mumbled to herself. "I trusted all of me to him." She could hear the screaming and see the flames consuming the village. Her younger self stood outside of her house in horrified disbelief. Seita looked at her with a crazed look in his eyes. Blood from the cursed sword dripped to dry grass. He held out his hand to her. She couldn't remember what exactly he said, but she backed away, shaking her head. No... No... This isn't him. This is not him! His hopeful expression turned into one of rage as he started screaming at her. Kasumi couldn't exactly remember what happened after that, but the sight of that village made her stomach drop from opening up about her past. She looked down at her feet as she felt herself sinking into that old, familiar dark place once again.

"What are you talking about?" Ryuji asked. Kasumi shook her head before she took off running.

"Kasumi!" the party shouted after her. They took off after her in the woods. Meanwhile, one of Karasu's moths sat on the tree watching the whole show. Its master already decided to put his plan into motion.

Chapter Fifty-Two: Leaf Water Village Pt.1