Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Seeds of Doubt ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Karasu opened his eyes. He would take the first victim to cross his path.

Ryuji raced into the woods, looking for Kasumi. "Kasumi-san!" he shouted. "Where did you go?" He felt his heart sinking in his chest. Why did I have to ask her all of that? I just... The boy dropped his head. I just wanted to get to know her better.

"But is it really worth the trouble?" he heard someone ask. Ryuji's head darted around at the sound.

"Who's there?" he asked. His hand inched towards his knife at his side. "I'm not scared of you! Come out and show yourself!" His ears caught footsteps approaching him. A man dressed in all-black stepped forward. Ryuji tightened his grip around the handle of his knife. The man put up his hand.

"There, there," he said. "I don't mean to cause you alarm." Ryuji narrowed his eyes at him.

"I know you!" exclaimed. "You were at the inn, weren't you?" Karasu lowered his hand.

"That's right," he answered. Ryuji whipped out his knife.

"What the hell do you want?!" he snapped.

"I just want to talk."

The boy narrowed his eyes at him. "About what?"

"Kasumi."

"What about her?"

"Oh dear, I have said too much," Karasu said, putting his hand to his forehead.

"What are you talking about?" the boy asked. The man glanced up at him.

"You want to know the truth?" he asked. "Okay, I will tell you. She was my lover." Ryuji's eyes grew big as his jaw dropped.

"What?!" he shouted.

"Oh, what's this? Didn't she tell you?"

Ryuji shook his head. "No... You're lying!"

"I'm not," Karasu said. "Why don't you ask her yourself?" He disappeared into the darkness. Ryuji's knife dropped to the ground before he sank to his knees. No... No way!

Karasu smirked to himself as he went to find the next target.

Chapter Forty-Seven: Seeds of Doubt: