Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Trap for Ryuji ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryuji stopped in his tracks when something didn't feel right.

Where did everybody go? He looked around through the darkness. Ryuji saw his breath when he exhaled. When did it get this cold? He froze when a small rustle caught his ear.

"Who's there?" he asked. The boy whipped out his knife as the footsteps drew closer. A pale man dressed in black made his way into the open clearing. Ryuji neared his eyes at him.

"Who are you?" he asked. The man held up his hands.

"I have been looking for you," he replied. Ryuji tilted his head at him.

"What?" he asked. The man lowered his hands. It didn't take long for him to reconizge his face.

"Hey, wait a minute!" he shouted. "You were fighting with Kasumi-san, weren't you?"

"Why yes," the man answered. His causal tone made Ryuji clench his teeth. He thrusted his knife forward.

"What the hell do you want?!" he snapped.

"I just want to talk," Karasu told him.

"About what?"

"What else? Your precious Kasumi."

Ryuji raised an eyebrow at him. "What about her?"

"How where do you really know her?"

"What are you talking about?" Ryuji didn't lower his knife. Karasu took in the dark look in the boy's eyes. He decided to pull in his attention even furhter.

"Did you ask her about her old village?" he asked.

Ryuji's eyes shifted from side to side. "What about it?"

Karasu's thin lips curved into a smile, revealing his rotten teeth. "I killed them all!" Ryuji's jaw dropped. Karasu's raised an eyebrow at him.

"Surprised?" he asked.

"But... why?!" Ryuji yelped. Karasu drew out his sword and held it up with the face of a devil.

"This sword willed me to," he answered. The boy struggled to respond. His mouth moved up and down, but no sound came out. Karasu held his sword at his smile to deliver the final blow.

"And do you know what I'm going to do with this sword next?" He didn't even wait for an answer. "I'll tell you." He held the sword out in front of him. "My blade is hungry for her blood!"

All of the color drained from Ryuji's face as the knife hit the ground. "No..." He shook his head, trembling.

"Oh, yes. But there is a way."

"H-H-How?"

"You have to find her first before I do." Karasu disappeared in the darkness before the boy had another chance to speak. His words put a chill down Ryuji's spine. The boy sank to his knees.

"No way... No way..." he mumbled. Ryuji couldn't even drag himself to his feet and go after his crush.

Chapter Fifty-Five: Trap for Ryuji