Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Poison Red Dots ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The dull wind felt like knife blades against Kasumi's back. Karasu's mind game wore her out. I will not let them get my friends! She swallowed a mouthful of air. Kasumi narrowed her eyes as little red dots forward in her vision. You will not take me down that easily! She had to use her sword to help get back her balance. I can feel his poison getting to me. She's been through the tactic before. Karasu enjoying using it as a way to isolate and control her. The poison would enter through illusions and his own words. He must haven't gotten to Ryuji by now.

I have to stop this mess before it gets out of hand, she thought. Kasumi pushed herself to keep walking through the poison. Damn it, he's gotten better at this. I have to survive through this mess even if it kills me! The fighter came to a fork in the woods.

"Which way do I go?" she asked.

-------

Ryuji himself tried to walk through the woods. He too started to see little red dots in his vision. What is this? What did he do to me? Tiny whispers began to fill his head. He clenched his teeth. Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! The whispering started to claw at his brain. Ryuji started to run in an attempt to escape from them. The voices kept up with him each step of the way.

Murderer! Murderer! Murderer! Murderer!

Ryuji shut his eyes, growling. Shut up! The whispers told him something that he did not wish to hear.

She is a murderer!

Ryuji froze with big eyes. No way...

-------

Kasumi looked through the darkness. "Ryuji! Ryuji!" Her ears caught a low moan. Her heart jumped in her chest. "Ryji? Ryuji, where are you?" The woman dragged herself through the woods. The dots in her eyes began to swim. No! I can't lose consciousness! I have to wake up! I have to wake up!

Ryuji looked up when he heard someone calling his name. "Who's there?! Leave me alone!" He swatted away the dots, frantically. The boy stumbled backwards through the woods. Gravity seemed to have grabbed onto his ankles and sinking its claws into his flesh. The whispering made his head spin.

Please! Leave me alone! I... I... I will kill you! Ryuji whipped out his sword and... Stab! Kasumi's eyes widened as she gasped in pain. By the time the boy came back to his senses, his crush fell to her knees, bleeding.

"Kasumi?" he asked. She caught her fall with her hands. The boy crawled over to her side.

"No!" he shouted. "No! No! No! No! No!" Ryuji had to carry her on his shoulders as he dragged her still consciousness and breathing through the woods. "Somebody help us!"

Chapter Fifty-Six: Poison Red Dots: