Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Kameko, House of Souls ( Chapter 65 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kameko is trying to keep it together. Lately, they have been talking too much inside of her body. She doesn't know how to keep them quiet. She gritted her teeth and took in heavy breaths.

"You okay?" Haruko asked. The younger girl shook her head. Haruko raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" she asked. Kameko froze. The whispering came back. Don't tell her. She wouldn't understand. Don't trust her. Don't trust her. Haruko reached out to put her arm around her shoulders.

"Don't! Kameko said. "Please... don't touch me." Haruko drew back her hand.

"Okay," she said. The girl took a breath.

"Thank you," she said. The voices didn't stop. Kameko covered her ears. Her eyes welled up with tears.

"What's the matter?" Haruko asked. The girl turned and looked up at her. The woman waved her arms in the air.

"Hey!" she shouted.

"Everyone! Hold up! We need to take a rest!" The rest of the party stopped and turned around. Haruko put down her arms.

"What is it?" Ryuji asked.

"We need to rest," his sister said. "Kameko-chan isn't feeling well." Kameko kept her head down. She mumbled an apology to herself.

"We don't have much time," Kasumi said.

"We need to rest," the other woman said. Haruko had her hands on her hips. No one said a word at first. Kasumi frowned.

"Fine," she said.

"I'm sorry," Kameko whispered. Haruko patted her on the head.

"It's okay," she said. "You need the rest."

"Please don't talk me," the girl said. Everyone took a rest in the woods. Haruko looked over at Kameko. The poor girl looked so pale. She was biting down on her fingers. Haruko was about to reach out and touch her shoulder.

"Please don't," Kameko whispered. The older woman drew back her hand.

"What's the matter?" she asked. "Come on, talk to me." Kameko sighed and dropped her shoulders. Would she believe her? The voices in her ears made her head buzz. She winced and rubbed her forehead. Why couldn't they just leave her alone? Her eyes were welling up with tears again.

"Kameko-chan?" Haruko asked. The younger girl turned to her as her tears looked a faint red. The woman covered her mouth as she gasped.

"Kameko... -chan?" she asked. Kameko sniffled as she lifted her chin. "I am a house of souls," she said. "What?" Haruko asked with a confused look on her face. The younger girl started to remember her past.

Chapter Sixty-Six: Kameko, House of Souls: