Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson and Indigo ❯ Please Don't Go! ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Page 15: Please Don’t Go!
The next day I opened my computer, and checked my mail. I check my mail everyday, because Kai always mails me messages, but today, there was none. I tried contacting him using other means, but there was no response. Then I thought of the only way I can contact him… meet him personally.
I went to his house, but he wasn’t there. I checked every single place he might have been to, but found no trace of him. I felt lost and hopeless, and so I walked home.
On the way home, I saw him walking towards me. As soon as he saw me, he turned around the corner, and walked faster. I tried to follow him. He then tried to look back, and ran around the corner. He was running too fast for me to go after, and so I went home. At that time, I felt puzzled and sad.
“Why would he run away from me? Is there a reason? I have to ask him…”
I ran to bed, and tried to think of what happened earlier. “Kai… why?” I checked again my mailbox, and still no message from him.
I checked my mail everyday for a week, and finally realized that he is trying to go away from me…
I cried each night because of him. It was the first time I felt hurt. Badly hurt. It was also the first time someone evade me. All those pain I carried since I was a kid never decreased. And, after what happened to me and Kai, those pains I carried with me along the way now try to go to my mind. It’s telling me how painful it is emotionally, and the only way to feel better is to suffer physically so that you will not feel the emotional pain. I try my best not to listen to my pain, but it’s starting to get the best of me.
I had to choose. Follow my heart, or my mind. My heart tells me to end it all, and my mind tells me to go on and drop it. I have to choose what will make me feel a lot better.
I finally made my decision. I will follow my heart, for it helped me go through so much than my mind did. Also, the one helps me cope up with my problems.
I opened my drawer and grabbed the Sodium Hydroxide vial. I opened it and drank every single drop of it. Then I lied down in bed and prayed. I prayed that Kai would always remember what we had, before he left me all alone. I prayed that he would find peace now that I am gone.
Slowly, one-by-one, I started to feel dizzy and odd, then finally sleepy. After regaining consciousness, I found myself floating endlessly in a pitch-dark place. I feel nothing around me. In an instant, I felt the coldness of that void, and its loneliness. After a while, I saw some bubbles that contained a fragment of my memories. I saw the biggest bubble, and Kai was in it. I felt hurt seeing him again, but then I tried desperately to reach that big bubble. A sudden feeling of anger struck me and took control over my body. This drive made me burst the bubble. I felt sad at the sight of the bubble bursting, but I felt unimaginable lighter now… I felt good, but I feel dead at this place…
“So this is how it feels to be dead - alone, cold, and sad.”
????