Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson and Indigo ❯ R3 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Page 16: R3 ~Rebirth, Revolution, Resurrection~
This is … the beginning!
As I wander this seemingly endless void, I stumbled upon a bright light. This light stopped my movement as it grows bigger and bigger.
I heard a voice calling me, “Come to me. Come closer.” I tried to follow the voice, and found myself covered it that same light.
Before I noticed it, I was in a strange place where everything shimmers like gold, but as white as ivory and as pure as cold spring water. The air is blowing nicely, and I can feel the warmth of the sun. Still the voice called me, “Come closer…” And I walked to where I think the voice came, and ended up in the grasslands. I saw the very noticeable tree up the hill and went to it. There I saw a man, sleeping, but another man tries to rob the sleeping man. “Hey you, leave that man alone!” I shouted. The robber ran away, and the sleeping man awakened.
“Oh, hello there missy. How’s a fine lady like you ended up here?” The man asked.
“Well, I don’t really know. I don’t even know what this place is.”
“Don’t you know? This is the afterlife. This is where the souls of the deceased remain to live another life until further notice.”
“Until further notice?”
“Yeah, something like that. You see, the ruler here is God, and so the ones who are here can die at any moment, and can be sent back to the mortal’s world.”
“So, if I die right now I can go back?”
“No, no. That’s too easy. The deal’s not that simple. You an only go to the afterlife once, but there can be exceptions. If you have been good in both lives, then you can go back, and it is by God’s decision whether to send you back or not.”
“And where can I find God?”
“You’ll soon see. Go ahead and find God.” The man returned to sleep. “Take care, little missy. You’ll learn something.”
I started going around afterlife and searching or God and his whereabouts. No one knew where he is, and so I did my own research. I traveled at overcame hardships along the way. Finally, after a long time searching, I finally found God, and talked to him.
“God, I have something to ask you.”
“I know dear child. I know what you came here for.”
“Really?”
“Yes.”
“Are you, by any chance, psychic?” Well, I know he is not, but I wanted to ask this question when I was a kid.
“You are funny. I am not psychic, or anything that you might think.”
“Ok, so can I ask one thing? How can I go back?” Moreover, why do I desperately want to go back after committing suicide?
“Well child, you only need to ask. And, the reason you are searching for is not yet here, it is somewhere in the mortal’s world. So I’ll send you back.”
“Really?! Thank you very much God.”
“Just don’t tell anyone about your adventures here.”
“Don’t worry, I won’t.” I found myself enveloped by the same bright light I saw before coming here. I asked myself why do I want to go back, but I got a weird clue…
Rebirth, Resurrection, Revolution…
“Love is when you yearn for someone other than yourself. It becomes the source of both your sadness and joy. It binds you with its immense heat and envelops you with its sweetness.”
“I’m coming back for you world!”
????