Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson and Indigo ❯ Memories ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Page 17: Memories
Those sweet, old days with you were memorable, but today’s just sweeter.
“Uhhh, my head feels like it’s going to crack!” I woke up in a different place. The room was white, and there was this soft bed, a good description for a hospital room. Anyways, what am I doing in the hospital? I remember it now. I committed suicide.
When I woke up, no one was there. The only thing that attracts my attention is the wind blowing the curtains through the window. After a while, someone came in.
“Sai! Are you alright?” That guy rushed to my side and asked me questions.
“Yes, I am fine, I think.”
“What really happened to you? Tell me, please.” Nagi asked.
“I tried to kill myself.”
“Why?”
“I can’t bear anymore all the pain that I carried since I was a kid.”
“I’m sorry.” He moved closer and put my head on his chest, “share me your pain. I don’t want to see you suffer. Sai, please don’t do it again.”
I cried, “thank you Nagi…” I moved closer to him.
“Don’t worry Sai. I will be the one to love you.”
“Nagi, please comfort me… I don’t want to feel that way again.”
†-o0o-†
My release day finally came, and I had to go home and continue resting there. I can’t go home by myself because I’m still feeling dizzy and odd, so I asked Nagi to assist me. I felt shy and dizzier because he carried me all the way to my bed. I was amazed that he did that just for me.
“Thank you very much for helping me, Nagi. But, you didn’t have to do that.”
“It’s ok. I wanted to do it anyway.”
“Nagi, I have a favor. Can you stay here until I can go by myself? I might need some help.”
“No problem.”
†-o0o-†
While staying at Sai’s home, I noticed that she is somewhat sad and weak. She may not show it to me, but I can feel that she still misses Kai. I know it’s not that easy to forget that kind of event, so I will try my best to make her forget him.
†-o0o-†
It sounded as if something fell. I rushed to where I heard the sound, and found Sai lying down on the hallway. It seems like she’s trying to go out of her room. I picked her up, and tried to regain her consciousness.
“Sai! Sai! Are you alright? What happened?”
“Sorry. I must’ve slipped. Don’t worry, I’m ok.” She tried to go up, but fell. It’s a good thing that I caught her before she slammed on the floor. I carried her back to her bed, and prepared her a sponge bath.
In the middle of that sponge bath, a small earthquake rendered the city lightless for a short while. After a while, the earthquake stopped and the lights restored. I found Sai by my chest, asking for comfort. I tried to let go of her hand, but she insisted on holding onto me. She’s giving me too much pressure that I can hardly keep my love for her hidden.
†-o0o-†
We have not been in school for a long while. Teachers and fellow classmates started asking about our whereabouts, but we haven’t told anyone about anything that had happened in the past few weeks. Kitsu and the others also try to pass by the house whenever they can, and have us informed about school and stuff. We haven’t heard anything about Kai and his activities. Ken and Suichiro also informed us that Kai seemed quiet and sad these past few weeks. I told Kitsu and the others not to inform Kai about Sai’s whereabouts until she can go back to school. Kitsu asked me to give Sai a little bit of my love. I told her, in honesty, that I do love her. Kitsu smiled, “Go for it. She really needs it, after what happened between Kai and her, but do not rush her, ok? I know you are shy and you do love her, but please try to take it slower. She’s my friend you know.”
“Yes, I’ll keep that in mind.” All of them went home. I ran back to the house to cook dinner. I know her favorite, crab omelet. After cooking, I brought my and her plate so that we can eat together. I asked her to open her mouth and taste my work.
“It’s so good! I love it. I didn’t know you were such a good cook.”
“I’m glad you liked it. I learned some when I was in France.”
“Really? That’s amazing.” I’m so happy that she liked my cooking. It’s a good thing I know her favorite food.
“How do you feel?” I asked.
“Well, I think I’m feeling a lot better, thanks to your food.” That’s very flattering, though I liked that, coming from you.
“Tell me if you need something else. I’ll be downstairs cleaning.”
“I’m sorry you have to do this.”
“It’s ok. I wanted to do this anyway. Besides, you still need plenty of rests.” I left the room.
†-o0o-†
He’s so kind to me. That’s the kindness I wanted to feel. I want him. I want to forget about the past and continue my life with someone who will appreciate me more than Kai.
I just hope he likes me, or at least he would give me comfort.
I really, really hope so.
????