Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Moon ❯ Crimson Moon ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Crimson Moon



A long time ago in Japan, during the feudal era, where demons and mystical maidens resided, lives a young girl of 15 years. Her name was Sora. She lived alone in a small house in Osaka. She had beautiful raven black hair that shined to a dark blue in the bright sun. Her eyes were a bright emerald that shined so brightly when she smiled. with her pale skin and expensive kimono, she was a beautiful sight. The people around her village would say she was as beautiful as a cherry blosom in full bloom. Many seaked out to have her hand in marriage, but she declined them all.

One day, a young man, Tsubasa, came traveling to this village. He was a wanderer. He quickly took notice of Sora and talked to her as much as he could. She became very fond of him as the time went by. Days went on. He left, but always came back.

After a year, he finally asked her the thing he had wanted to for so long. Everyone in the village was surprised when she eaccepted his proposal of marriage. They got married by the next spring, so they could take their vows beneath the cherry trees.

Even though things had gone so well, he soon left again. Everyday, Sora would go out on top of the hill with the river beneath it and watch the horizon, waiting for her love to come back to her. But that day never came. She started to lose hope. Her eyes grew dim, her light was gone and left an empty shell. But she still waited.

A month later, a figure came over the horizon. She started to hope, but soon lost it again when she realized it was not him. The figure aproached her on a great black stallion. He asked if she was Sora and she replied yes. He looked at her with sad eyes. He tolled her that Tsubasa had died in battle and apologized for the message being so late and that her love had died.

She was in shock. She could not believe this had happened. She ran away with tears in her eyes. She cried for days, her eyes became dark, almost black.

She could take it no longer and went up to the hill and jump into the river. They found her body only days later.

To this day, people from Osaka that live in that village, now a town, say that when the moon turns red like crimson blood, you can almost see her figure standing at the hill, the win blowing her long hair and her cries of anguish.