Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Deadliest Sin. ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Deadliest Sin

A/N: I realize that this isn’t really a fanfition, and I didn’t really want it to be as I plan on publishing this once I have it completely done. I am only posting this to see all of your opinions. I greatly appreciate any and all feedback you can give me, thanks!


Prologue.


The vampires behind me growled, and with a defining roar ripping forth from my lips, out battle began.

And my first target was Nicholas.

He was the only one who help the secrets that could be used to defeat us, the only one who would have any chance at stopping me. The only one that I could not kill.

But I could only hope to slow him down enough that someone else could take him out.

I launched myself across the field, growled when he leap out of the sea of hunters to stop me halfway. We collided in the air with a defining crack, and we were tearing at each other before we even hit the ground.

His claws raked down my arm, and even then I could feel his guilt for doing so. He didn’t want to hurt me, didn’t want to kill me. Well he was going to have to if he wanted to live. He had betrayed us, betrayed me. And I was not going to let him get away with that. I was not going to let him get away for being the death of so many of my vampiric friends before the war even started.

I tore my fangs into the side of his neck, sucked eagerly at the blood that rushed forward, and when I ripped my head back, took out a chunk of his flesh with me. He roared, pain lashed in the wordless cry, and his eyes bled red. He snarled, his lips pulled back across his fangs, and he lunged.

He was finally getting serious. He must have noticed how serious I was.

But even with my life, and the lives of the ones I loved, I could not kill Nicholas. Not Nicholas.

Nothing was essentially easy.

Nothing was ever easy.

Especially not when I was the one who had to destroy the thing I had created. Especially not when I had to kill my best friend.