Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Exile's Road ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Exile's Road: Five

Elise found herself awakening in an uncomfortable position, still wearing the simple black dress she used for work. 'Where?' she thought dazedly, the little redhead looking around before her eyes widened in alarm.

The tall black haired stranger stood quietly talking with m'lady, her black leather garb and fearsome battle staff marking her as some sort of lawless ruffian. The woman who was clearly her partner in crime stood nearby, the tawny haired lady armed with knives and who knows what else concealed beneath her uniform.

"Duchess," Elise forced herself to rise, tensing herself to try to save m'lady... somehow.

Jantha turned to walk over to her side, the expression on the delicate blonde shifting from concern to relief. "It's all right Elise," she said to her softly before shooting an irritable look at the other two women, "these are my new bodyguards."

"Bodyguards?" Elise echoed, feeling a bit sheepish as she shook her head to try and clear it. She remembered their entrance, her startlement... then darkness as she fainted. "How did I get...?" she trailed off, moving to get up off the couch she had been set down on.

The tallest woman smiled, the gentle expression making her seem much less fearsome. "I carried you over," she shrugged.

"That is Midori," Jantha nodded to her then looked at the other, "and that's Laur'ien." She puffed out a sigh, "It seems they'll be staying awhile."

"Thank you," Elise gave Midori a shy smile.

"Do you greet all new arrivals that way?" Laur'ien smirked.

Elise felt her cheeks going red as her back stiffened. "Excuse me," she ignored the young woman to look at Jantha, "there are duties I must attend to, rooms need to be prepared." With that she strode from the room, her red braid bouncing against her back.

"What?" Laur'ien asked as Jantha glared at her.

"She is my trusted friend as well as my servant," Jantha finally said to her frostily, "and I do not care to see her so mistreated."

Laur'ien winced, "Sorry." She moved towards the door Elise had just walked out of, "I'll find her, apologize if you want...."

"Na," Midori shook her head with a sigh, "she's upset, I doubt she'd hear the apology anyway. Give 'er some time, then try it."

"I suspect Midori is right," Jantha agreed seriously. She pushed back her blonde hair with a weary sigh, "I must refresh myself, it's been a long day."

"Lead the way," Laur'ien said, moving to stand by her side.

Jantha shot her a look, "You can not be serious."

Midori surprised her by speaking up, "We still don't really know who wants you dead or what resources they can call on, Duchess." A slightly grim smile as she continued, "It's little enough for one of us to accompany you at all times."

"What did I do to deserve this?" Jantha threw her hands up in the air.

'That's what I want to know,' Midori thought but she kept any trace of her thoughts from showing on her face. "One of us should come along," she offered.

Laur'ien grinned as she offered, "Why, we could even wash your back for you."

Jantha visibly gritted her teeth. "Midori, you're with me. Laur'ien," she paused a moment, "just try to stay out of trouble."

"Have fun," Laur'ien sat on the couch casually as Midori followed the Duchess out of the living room and into the hallway.

"Are you all right?" Midori asked her softly as they walked on.

"That woman is so... foolish," Jantha scowled as she gestured, "I cannot believe she is an officer of the crown!"

Midori fought back a smile as they headed to the back of the house. "I suspect that she does some of the less noble work for Commander Hudson," she suggested, "the kind of duties where a polite manner doesn't usually matter."

"Ah," Jantha murmured softly, "I hadn't considered that."

They entered the home's bath hall, a large room with tiles lining the floor. A great bath was set to one side of the room, the tub at least a man's height long and wide, piping leading out from taps that were likely connected to some large boiler. There was a delicate sent of fine soaps in the air, along with precious oils and fragrances.

Jantha calmly untied the laces of her top, shrugging her shoulders slightly to loosen the cloth. As bare shoulders appeared Midori watched with frank interest, noting the ripple of muscle, 'She's in better shape than I thought.'

"You could at least turn your back," Jantha's cheeks were faintly red as the dress dropped to the floor, her white corset and underthings binding the shapely body beneath.

"We are both women here," Midori offered but turned around to keep an eye on the only window, watching for any signs of movement outside. Behind her she heard cloth rustle, bindings being undone and material gently sliding to the floor. A soft splash and a happy sigh signaled Midori to ask, "Are you in yet?"

"It's fine," Jantha offered, the younger woman neck deep in the steaming water, suds floating over the surface. She grabbed a sponge from beside the bath as Midori turned back towards her, scrubbing at her arm vigorously.

Midori sat on a wooden stool by the bath, her eyes warily scanning even as she said, "I thought that most people used public baths?"

"They do," Jantha agreed, "this is one of my many indulgences, honestly." She lifted a long leg and used the sponge to scrub once she finished her arms, "Is it the same in your homeland?"

"Public baths as well," Midori agreed, "though the custom is slightly different. First the body is scrubbed clean and rinsed, only then do you climb into the bath itself."

"Interesting," Jantha said as she moved to set the sponge down, grabbing a washcloth and moving to clean downwards from her shoulders. She smiled slightly, noting Midori's gaze on her breasts, "See something interesting?"

Midori flushed, looking away as she admitted, "Sorry, it's just that I'm still getting used to seeing people so generously endowed."

Jantha had to chuckle softly at that as she smoothly turned around in the tub. "I hate to do anything Laur'ien might suggest," she said as she presented her bare back to Midori, "but could you please wash my back for me?"

"Of course," Midori took the sponge to delicately make circles on the other woman's skin, noting with some amusement how she arched her back like a cat.

Meanwhile, Laur'ien had already finished sharpening all her knives and was growing bored sitting out on the living room couch. "Might as well take a look around," she finally decided, the rangy blonde getting up. She paused, "But there's that irritated maid to contend with...."

Laur'ien stood thinking for a moment, then a impish little smile appeared on her cute face. Smoothly she stripped, folding up her clothes and setting the pants, shirt and black boots on the little table there. The woman's body carried with it the marks of war, a series of thin, white scars that crisscrossed her bare form.

"Now let's see," Laur'ien murmured, 'what should I...." Her body seemed to melt, shrinking down as it flowed into another shape, quickly solidifying into another form. The golden furred cat stretched out it's body, tail swishing as it smoothly padded over to the door.

The cat moved down the hall, following scents as it curiously ambled around the first floor. The baths in the rear tempted her but Laur'ien decided to let the others alone for now, instead soon finding the kitchen. The maid Elise worked with two other women, both seeming normal to the little cat's now enhanced senses.

"Oh," Elise looked down at Laur'ien in surprise, "how did you get in here?"

"Meorw," Laur'ien answered, batting cutely at a finger that the maid extended to her.

"It's adorable," the black haired girl gushed, her bosom bouncing as she moved.

"Can we keep it?" the little brunette asked, reaching out to scratch behind the ears.

"Lisa, Chris," Elise laughed, "we don't even know if it wants to stay."

'Hmm,' Laur'ien thought as she was stroked, watching the three women through eyes slitted with pleasure, 'I think I'll be sticking around.'

To be continued...