Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fantasy Hunters ❯ Headquarters ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: I own all the characters in this story except for the fantasy creatures, which come from actual stories. Rated T to be safe.)
 
Chapter 3: Headquarters
 
Hayate, a seventeen-year-old boy with red hair, and Ken, a sixteen-year-old boy with white hair, were in a junkyard talking about their missions. Hayate sighed and said, “That demon minstrel refused to give-up, but all I had to do was change into a bear and scare him. He didn't want to get eaten, so he came quietly.”
“Lucky you. The Golden Bird that I was assigned to capture kept flying off with my money. I actually lost my temper and froze its wings,” said Ken. Hayate grinned at Ken.
“So that's why the golden bird had a cold, when you brought it in,” said Hayate with a grin. Ken blushed in embarrassment causing Hayate to laugh.
They suddenly saw the blue haired boy approaching the junkyard with an unconscious Julia over his shoulder. Ken and Hayate ran to him with a smile on.
“Welcome back, Hikaru!” called Hayate with a smile.
When Hayate and Ken reached the blue haired boy, known as Hikaru, they saw Julia over his shoulder making them very confused. Hayate pointed at Julia and asked, “Is that the ogre you were supposed to capture?” Hikaru groaned and shook his head.
“The ogre I was supposed to capture was killed by this girl,” said Hikaru very irritated. Ken and Hayate examined Julia and gasped when they realized that her hair was purple.
“Is she a Lehan?” asked Ken. Hikaru sighed.
“I don't know, but to be safe, I brought her here to be examined,” said Hikaru. Ken and Hayate nodded in approval.
“That was a good idea,” said Ken. Hayate nodded in agreement. Hikaru, Hayate, and Ken walked through a door beyond the trash with Julia in hand.
After an hour, Julia awoke on a paper-covered bed. She rubbed her eyes and looked around only to see a messy room. Julia got up quickly and began to panic.
“Where am I and what happened to that blue haired jerk?” said Julia in a panic. She suddenly felt something furry on her hand sending shivers down her spine. She looked toward her right hand and saw a furry rat on it. Julia screamed and threw the rat across the room. She jumped out of the bed and ran toward a door in the room. She swung it open and was soon covered by smelly clothes. Julia dug her way out of the smelly clothes and ran toward the other door.
Julia ran out of the messy room as fast as she could and ran down a messy hallway. She continued to run down the messy hallway and slipped on a rotten banana peel causing her to fall and slide into a pile of soda cans. Julia pushed the soda cans away from her and began to run again.
Julia swung open a door, hoping that it was the way out and was attacked by a flock of bats. She screamed and ran as fast as she could from the flock of bats. Julia turned a corner to avoid the bats and sighed in relief when the bats flew pass her.
Julia suddenly felt something on her shoulder making her cringe in fear. She swallowed her fear and looked at her shoulder only to see a garden snake. Julia screamed and threw the snake off her. The snake flew into a plant that was in a corner. The plant began to move its vines making Julia shocked. The plant's vines reached for Julia. Julia screamed and began to run again with the plant's vines close behind.
Where the heck am I, thought Julia as she ran.
Julia soon lost the vines and continued to run hoping to find the exit. Julia saw a pair of two doors ahead of her and ran toward them.
“Please be the way out,” said Julia as she ran. She reached the pair of doors and swung them open making her even more surprised. It was indeed the outside, but it was completely covered by garbage, which made it look like a different dimension. Rats had made their homes in a pile of old socks; frogs with warts were croaking in a green stinky pond with a leaf and grime covered miniature bridge over it; seagulls were pecking at what looked like expired food from a hundred years, and dogs were howling at cats that were on a black metal fence.
The wind blew old newspapers from the 50's pass Julia as she stared at the junkyard before her in shock. Julia took a deep breath and yelled, “Where am I!” She suddenly heard flapping wings above her and looked up only to see an orange haired boy, who looked around eight, with wings flying toward her with a winged horse behind him. Julia was shocked.
Since when do little boys have wings and orange hair, thought Julia in shock. The orange haired boy landed in front of Julia with the winged horse behind him and looked at Julia confused.
“Who are you?” asked the orange haired boy. Julia was speechless. The orange haired boy examined Julia and gasped.
“Are you an intruder?” demanded the orange haired boy. Julia shook her head. The orange haired boy glared at Julia and held up his right hand. Lightning emitted from his hand making Julia extremely surprised. The orange haired boy grinned and said, “You can't fool me intruder.” The orange haired boy threw some lightning at Julia, but Julia dodged and ran back into the building she was in before. The orange haired boy chased after her with the winged horse behind him.
“You can't escape intruder!” yelled the orange haired boy as he ran after Julia. Julia looked back at the orange haired boy and said, “I can try.” She continued to run as fast as she could from the orange haired boy.
The orange haired boy growled and yelled, “Catch the intruder!” A boy with long green hair, who looked sixteen, ran from a room and saw Julia running away from the orange haired boy.
“Who's that?” said the green haired boy confusingly as he looked at Julia.
“An intruder, so catch her Keiki!” yelled the orange haired boy as he continued to run after Julia. The green haired boy, known as Keiki, nodded and held his right hand toward Julia. His hand began to glow making Julia panic.
What now, thought Julia. Keiki grinned and yelled, “Give me something that will stop her in her tracks!” His hand glowed brightly and began to form something making Keiki smile.
When the light faded, Keiki's smile faded too. In his hand was a red stop sign. Keiki screamed in frustration and threw the stop sign to the ground.
“Stupid spell!” yelled Keiki as he began to stomp on the red stop sign. Julia ran pass him very confused.
What was that about, thought Julia confusingly as she continued to run. The orange haired boy ran pass Keiki and said, “Idiot.” Keiki fell to his knees and began to sulk, while the winged horse ran pass him too.
The orange haired boy chased Julia all over the messy building with the winged horse behind him. The orange haired boy soon slipped on a rotten banana peel and went sliding into a pile of dirty clothes. Julia escaped from the orange haired boy and continued to run down the messy hall.
Julia refused to stop running, but soon collided into someone. She looked up and saw a blonde haired boy, who looked eighteen, looking down at her with a caged white snake in his hand.
“Who are you?” asked the blonde haired boy as he looked down at Julia. Julia gulped and gave out a quick scream making the blonde haired boy surprised. She pushed him away and ran pass him in full speed.
The blonde haired boy watched Julia run down the messy hallway and sighed. He placed the caged white snake on the ground and ran after Julia in an incredible speed.
Julia felt a gust of wind pass her and the next thing she knew, the blonde haired boy had her in his arms. Julia was shocked beyond belief.
How did this happen, thought Julia confusingly. The blonde haired boy grinned as he held Julia in his arms.
“By the way you ran from me, I'm guessing that you got in here without permission, so I better report you,” said the blonde haired boy. Julia struggled in the boy's arms trying to get out of his grasp. The blonde haired boy was about to run with Julia in his arms, but Julia was able to step on his foot hard causing him to scream in pain. She managed to grab his right arm and flung him off her. The blonde haired boy soared through the air and collided into a stained wall. Julia, finally being freed, began to run down the hall again.
Julia reached a corner and gasped for air. Why is this happening to me, thought Julia. She suddenly heard footsteps approaching and gasped. She hid behind a large flower in a large vase and held her breath in fear of being found.
A pink haired man, who looked twenty, walked into the hallway making Julia surprised. Julia knew for a fact that no one in Japan had pink hair. The pink haired man walked down the hall, but stopped when he passed the flower Julia was hiding behind. He looked at the flower and asked, “Did you say something?” Julia grew very confused.
Is he talking to a flower, thought Julia confusingly. She looked at the pink haired man as if he was crazy. The pink haired man stared at the large flower for a while and smiled.
“Oh really?” said the pink haired man with a smile. He walked to the flower and looked behind it only to see Julia. Julia gasped and jumped from behind the flower. The pink haired man smiled at Julia and said, “Hi.” Julia backed away from him. The pink haired man held his hand to Julia and said, “Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you.”
Julia stared at the pink haired man and felt somehow at ease. He didn't seem dangerous in anyway and his smile warmed Julia's heart. Julia walked to the pink haired man and took his warm hand into hers. The pink haired man smiled brightly at Julia and said, “My name is Jonouchi, what's yours?” She was about to answer, but suddenly saw the blonde haired boy appear in a flash making Julia squeak in fear. She released the pink haired man's, known as Jonouchi, hand and backed away.
Jonouchi turned away from Julia and looked at the blonde haired boy with a smile. “Hi Kuno,” said Jonouchi with a smile. The blonde haired boy, known as Kuno, glared at Julia and pointed at her.
“That girl there is an intruder,” said Kuno angrily. Jonouchi blinked in confusion and looked at Julia, who had fear in her eyes as she backed into a stained wall.
“You sure?” asked Jonouchi. Kuno nodded. Julia shook her head and said, “I'm not an intruder.” The orange haired boy and winged horse suddenly appeared from around the corner and glared at Julia making Julia cringe in fear. The orange haired boy pointed at Julia with an accusing finger and said, “That girl is an intruder.” The winged horse nodded in agreement.
“See! Even the brat agrees that she's an intruder,” said Kuno. The orange haired boy glared at Kuno. “I'm not a brat! You know for a fact that I'm the same age as you!” yelled the orange haired boy. Julia was shocked when she heard this.
No way that this kid is the same age as that blonde haired guy, thought Julia in shock. Kuno glared back at the orange haired boy.
“Be quiet Haru!” yelled Kuno. The orange haired boy, known as Haru, growled and glared back at Julia. Julia gulped.
“We're not letting you get away intruder!” yelled Haru. Kuno, Haru, and the winged horse advanced on her. Julia pushed herself against a wall and yelled, “I'm not an intruder!” Jonouchi sighed and held his hands up. The large flower in the vase began to move making Julia surprised.
Is that flower moving, thought Julia. The flower jumped out of the vase surprising Julia, Haru, Kuno, and the winged horse. The flower wrapped around Haru, Kuno, and the winged horse like an octopus and pulled them away from Julia. Haru, Kuno, and the winged horse struggled in the flower's grasp and looked at Jonouchi surprised.
“What are you doing Jonouchi?” demanded Kuno. Jonouchi grinned and walked to Julia. He placed a hand on Julia's shoulder and said, “I'm protecting this little princess from you two.” Julia looked at Jonouchi surprised.
He's protecting me, thought Julia surprised. Haru growled and glared at Jonouchi.
“But she's an intruder,” said Haru angrily. Julia growled and pushed Jonouchi's hand off her shoulder. She glared up at Kuno, Haru, and the winged horse and yelled, “I told you that I'm not an intruder! I was knocked out by some blue haired jerk in school and when I woke up I was here!” Haru, Kuno, and Jonouchi were really surprised.
“Hikaru brought you here?” asked Jonouchi. Julia grew very confused.
“Who's Hikaru?” asked Julia confusingly.
They suddenly heard footsteps approaching and turned around only to see, Hayate, Ken, and Hikaru approaching with take-out food in their arms. Hayate, Ken, and Hikaru stopped in their tracks when they saw Haru and Kuno wrapped up by a flower with a winged horse in the air and Jonouchi next to Julia.
“What happened here?” asked Ken.
“Don't know,” said Hayate. Hikaru looked at Julia and said, “Hey stupid.” Julia growled and pointed an accusing finger at Hikaru.
“You're that blue haired jerk!” yelled Julia angrily. Hikaru seemed unaffected by her words. He sighed and looked at Jonouchi.
“Sorry if the idiot caused you any trouble, but I had to bring her here,” said Hikaru with no emotion in his voice.
“Why?” asked Jonouchi, eager to hear Hikaru's reason for bringing a girl to their base. Hikaru sighed and pointed at Haru, Kuno, and the winged horse, who were still tied up by the flower.
“Let them down first,” said Hikaru. Jonouchi nodded and snapped his fingers causing the flower to release Haru, Kuno, and the winged horse. They fell to the ground hard and rubbed their bottoms in pain. Jonouchi smiled and looked at Hikaru.
“Now can you tell why?” asked Jonouchi. They suddenly heard more footsteps and saw Keiki appear from around the corner.
“I came as fast as I could, so where's the intruder,” said Keiki. Hikaru sighed and looked at Keiki.
“She's not an intruder. I brought her here,” said Hikaru. Keiki blinked in confusion.
“Why?” asked Keiki. Hikaru sighed again and looked at his friends.
“See anything strange about her?” asked Hikaru. They all stared at Julia making Julia back away from them slightly. They all gasped when they saw Julia's long purple hair, except for Ken, Hayate, and Hikaru.
“She has purple hair!” they yelled all at once. Julia was really surprised. She grabbed a strand of her hair and saw that it was purple. Julia gasped and grabbed another strand of her hair. It was purple too. Julia screamed and said, “How did my hair turn purple!” The others looked at Julia confusingly.
“You mean she didn't know her hair was purple?” asked Hayate.
“Looks like it,” said Ken.
Hikaru grinned and said, “I guess she was too stupid to realize that her hair turned purple in her school.” Julia growled when she heard Hikaru's remark and stomped toward him. Hikaru looked up and saw Julia's angry face looking at him.
“What are you looking at ugly?” asked Hikaru with no emotion in his voice. Julia punched him across the face causing Hikaru to fall over in pain with the take-out food in hand. The others looked down at Hikaru and clapped in amazement.
“She knocked him right out,” said Haru amazed. The others nodded in agreement. Julia turned away from them angrily and said, “I'm going home.” She began to walk away, but a wall of ice blocked her way making her really surprised. She turned around and saw Ken holding his right hand up, which was glowing white.
Did that guy summon the ice wall, thought Julia confusingly. She shook her head and glared at them.
“I don't know what you're pulling, but I'm getting out of this disgusting place,” said Julia angrily. Hikaru got up with his hand against his pain throbbing cheek and looked at Julia seriously.
“Do you really expect to leave with that hair of yours?” asked Hikaru seriously. Julia looked at a strand of her purple hair and looked at Hikaru angrily.
“Tell me how to change it back!” yelled Julia.
Hikaru grinned and said, “You'll have to hear our story first and it's your decision to leave or stay after we are finished. Understand?” Julia thought a while and nodded.
“I'll listen,” said Julia.
“Good girl,” said Hikaru. Julia walked to them and they began to make their way to another room in the messy base.