Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume One, Chapter Six: Kagome's Answer ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome’s Answer
*Kagome*
I stood there, blinking. Talk about an emotional sucker punch.
“I… I…” I said at first. Ryo-kun held up his hand.
“You don’t have to give an answer now,” he said.
“Ryo-kun…” I mumbled.
“Shhh,” he whispered. “Just think on it.” Then, Ryo-kun turned and walked away. I just stood there. My feet stayed stuck to the ground. Okay… I didn’t expect that, yet. I need a breath. My heart’s racing so fast!
I paused when I felt eyes on me. I turned my head to my right. A pair of deep royal blue eyes staring dead into my soul. I nearly jumped five feet into the air.
“Holy crap!” I yelped. But then, I got a better look.
“Huh? Setsuna?” I asked as I narrowed my eyes. The class rep stared at me.
“Yes?” she asked. “Who else would it be?” I looked her up her up and down.
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
“My school duties,” she said. “What are you doing?”
“Huh?” I looked at my locker. “Oh. Just getting my books.”
“That’s right.” I gave her a funny look. “Why? What’s wrong?”
Setsuna still frowned at me. “You sure?”
“Yes?”
“You weren’t talking to anyone, were you?”
I blinked at her. “E-Excuse me?”
“Talking to any boys?”
“What are you getting at?” As much as I wanted to run away, my legs wouldn’t give. Something told me to stay. Setsuna got really close in my face.
“Talking to Nagai-kun?” she hissed. I pushed her away as fast as I could.
“What’s the matter with you?!?” I screamed. “What’s gotten into you?!?” Setsuna sat up on the floor.
“He said he loved you, didn’t he?” she asked. “Didn’t he?!?” I stood my ground.
“Why do you care?!?” I asked.
“Don’t go out with him!” Setsuna barked at me. I placed my hands on my hips.
“And why not?!?” I snapped. The class rep leapt to her feet.
“Your steps siblings!” she yelled.
Ex-step-siblings!” I corrected.
“Whatever! It’s still gross!”
“How? Our parents aren’t married anymore.”
“That’s not the point! Don’t date him!”
“And if I do?”
Setsuna’s long midnight blue hair swished as she froze jaw wide open. “Uh… Well… I’ll stop you!”
I raised an eyebrow at her. “How?”
She folded her arms across her chest. “By any means possible.” My face didn’t change.
Right…, I thought. In fact, I had already made up my mind. We parted when the bell rang for class.
My heart ran like wild horses for the whole morning. I had a little reservation about starting a new relationship with Ryo. I mean, I want to, but… but…
I force myself to stay calm. I feel like we’re going too fast here. Ooo! I don’t know. He is really cute. We both have liked each other ever since we first met. We have danced around the subject for years. But now, Ryo-kun’s final made the first move.
My cheeks filled cherry red as I thought about his confession this morning. I want to be his girlfriend, but mama and I just moved back to Osaka and school started. I want to get settled first and work from there.
But, Setsuna changed all of that with her declaration of war.
“I’ll stop you,” she said.”By any means possible.” When she said that, I knew what to do.
By lunch, I found Ryo-kun on his way to art class. Mama bought him his art kit for Christmas four years ago. I’m surprised he still has it. He told me that he wanted to be an artist one day. I can’t wait to buy his artwork. He’ll be famous; I know it.
Right now, I have to answer him. I picked up my pace and made it over to him.
“Ryo-kun!” I called. My love turned and saw me. A kind smile lit up his handsome face.
“Kagome-chan,” Ryo-kun greeted me. I caught up to him and paused. When, I got my breath back, I stood up straight.
“Yes,” I said. Ryo-kun raised an eyebrow at me.
“Yes what?” he asked. I laced my hands together.
“Yes,” I repeated. “I will be your girlfriend. But, can I get settled back into Osaka and school first?” Ryo-kun gave me a gentle smile.
“Of course you can,” he said. I smiled back and bowed.
“I thank you,” I said. Ryo-kun and Kagome-chan finally got together! I squealed in my head. I am so happy right now.
I Believe in a Thing Called Love