Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Six, Chapter Forty: Woman to Woman ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Woman to Woman

-Setsuna-

I pulled Kagome aside early one morning. At first, she looked confused.

“What's going on?” she asked. I drew in a breath.

“We need to talk,” I said. Kagome frowned at me.

“I already know what you're going to say,” she said.

“Kagome,” I said.

“No,” she cut in. “I love Ryo-kun no matter what. Ex-step-brother or not.”

“It's not right!”

“I don't care!” Kagome threw back her dark blue hair. “You can't have him anyway!”

“Excuse me?”

“Don't play dumb! I've seen the way you look at my boyfriend. You can't tell me that you don't have a thing for Ryo-kun!”

My cheeks turned bright red. “No! T-That's not it!”

Kagome shook her head, smiling at me. “That's not very convincing, you know?”

“Shut up!” my face felt so hot. Kagome laughed at me.

“Oh come on,” she said. “Why don't you just admit it?”

“Admit what?!” I shouted.

“You like Ryo-kun. Just say it already!”

“Don't try to change the subject.”

“I'm not. Just tell me the truth.”

What the hell was this? What was she playing at here? I wanted to scream so badly. I'm supposed to be in control here. She's just supposed to listen to me.

Kagome gave me a sympathetic smile. “It's okay. I forgive you.”

I gave her a puzzled look. “What?”

She reached up and patted me on the shoulder. “I said I forgive you.”

“Forgive me for what?” I asked.

Her smile gave me the creeps. “Is there anything else?”

My jaw dropped. What the hell happened? When did I lose control here? I gave her a cheesy grin as I shook my head.

“Okay,” Kagome said. “Bye-Bye.” I stood stunned as she walked past me. However, Kagome paused at the doorway and glanced over her shoulder.

“I forgive you,” she said. “But I'm watching you!” I whipped around to find her gone. What just happened? What was she talking about? I don't like Ryo like that! He's just a friend! He's just a friend. He's just… a friend. I sank down onto the floor. My head felt so messed up from that conversation. Me in love with Ryo? That's just ridiculous! He's like a little brother to me! I puffed up my cheeks as I shook my head.

She just pulled a cheap mind trick on me. I am going to get her for this! I gritted my teeth. Damn her!

“Uh… excuse me,” someone spoke up. I whipped around, glaring.

“What?!” I growled. A freshman girl stood in doorway, trembling.

“Are you done with this room?” she asked. I gave her a blank stare.

“Huh?” I asked.

“Our club's about to start in ten minutes,” the freshman girl explained. “Are you done in here?” I gave her a blank stare for five seconds.

“Oh,” I said. “Yes, sure. I'm leaving right now.” The freshman girl and I stared at each other. This isn't over yet, Kagome! We will talk later; you can bank on it!

Jealous Love