Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #1, Chapter #4: Dodge ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dodge
Ozzy’s got a little problem. For a full picture, let’s go back, shall we?
Thursday Night.
Ozzy and Junko managed to tow the bike to the nearest gas station—eighty miles away. Junko glared at him.
“Really unnecessary, you know?” she asked. “Making a lady walk all that way!” Ozzy rolled his eyes.
What lady?, he thought. “No choice,” he said. “We had no reception back there. So, no one to call to tow the bike and give us a ride here.” Junko snorted.
“Pathetic,” she muttered. Her guardian resisted the urge to punch her.
“Right…” he mumbled. The guy glanced at her back. What’s with her? Did she have to be such a bitch? He was doing this as a favor to his dead leader/friend. He didn’t say his little sister was pure evil! Ozzy shook his head. Still, he had to do it for a friend. So, might as well suck it up and take the abuse. He hung his head and sighed.
It donned on him that someone was just inches away from him. Ozzy slowly looked up. Gold false teeth. Poorly kept at that.
The biker took small steps back. The face looked no better. Wrinkles and dirt…
Ozzy raised an eyebrow at him.
“Yeah?” he asked. The man snorted at him.
“You part of Raven Fang?” he asked. Ozzy stared at him for a long moment.
“Why?” he asked. Smack! Ozzy felt straight to the ground. He spat out blood and looked up. The man held up a pipe, wanting more.
“What the hell?” Ozzy asked. Kick right to the stomach. He groaned.
“Asshole!” he barked. “Eat shit, fucker!” Another kick came. This time, Ozzy rolled away in time. He felt around for any weapon in his reach.
Come on!, he thought. Come on! Come on! The biker finally spotted a wrench. Perfect!, he thought. Ozzy reached out to grab it, but the man stepped on his hand. The younger biker screamed out.
“Rot in Hell!” the man shouted. He kicked Ozzy again. And again. And again. The man sneered at him.
“Piece of shit!” he hissed. The older biker spat on Ozzy and left. Junko stood over him afterwards. She sneered and shook her head at Ozzy.
“Loser!” she muttered. Then, she stormed off.
The abuse didn’t end there.
Friday and Saturday turned into rinse and repeat. What could the man do? The Raven Claw became scattered after Bonez’s death. Word spread like a wildfire wanted a piece of the remaining members. In a normal situation, Ozzy would call for back-up to deal with this mess. However, this isn’t normal anymore. Ozzy didn’t know where the others went. So, all he could do was either get beaten or run away. By Saturday night, Junko had enough.
“Pussy!” she hissed in their motel room as Ozzy treated his own wounds.
“What else can I do?” he asked. “I’m powerless against all of those guys! They’ll kill me!” His ward frowned at him. She kicked him in the leg.
“Ow,” he muttered.
“Idiot!” she snapped. “So what? At least, try to defend yourself!”
“But, I would need back-up for that,” he said. “Everyone’s gone since your brother died. I can’t do it.” Junko snorted and frowned.
“I’m going to go get some ice,” she said. Then, she stormed out of the room and slammed the door. Ozzy sat on the floor, lost in his thoughts as he grumbled to himself.
Why is this so painful on my part?, he thought.
Moby Dick