Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #1, Chapter #5: Breakthrough ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Breakthrough
Why is this so painful on my part?, Ozzy thought. First, his boss/friend dies. He gets the bitch from Hell dumped on him. The gang breaks up. Now, everyone’s trying to kick his ass. He buried his head in his hands.
“Damn it!” he muttered. “Damn it!” He could hear Junko nagging at him again.
“Loser!” she yelled in his mind. “You are useless!” Maybe she’s right, he thought. But what could he do? He only had two numbers of the remaining gang members.
Ozzy paused. Somehow, that might work. He rose to his feet and picked up his charging phone. He dialed up the first number in mind.
“Hello?” a raspy woman’s voice asked.
“Is Chains there?” Ozzy asked.
“Hold on,” the woman said. “Chains! Ozzy’s on the phone!” The biker had to hold his cell from his ear. Shit, I forget she’s loud!, he thought.
“Hello?” a tired guy asked. Ozzy stood up straight.
“Chains?” he asked.
“Ozzy?” the other man asked. “How have you been?”
“Crap,” the other biker said. “You?”
“Bored,” Chains said.
“And the old lady?”
“She’s bored too.”
“Oh.”
“So, what do you want?”
Ozzy paused. “What?”
“Come on, man,” Chains spoke up. “I know you. You never call unless you want something. So, what is it?”
“You can tell?” Ozzy asked.
“Out with it already!”
“Okay, okay. I need your help.”
“With what?”
“They are after us.”
“No…”
Ozzy nodded gravely. “Yes.”
“Damn,” Chains muttered. Ozzy nodded again.
“Yep,” he said.
“So what’s the plan?” the other biker asked.
“You still have the numbers for the others, right?”
“Yeah.”
“Good. Call them up. I don’t care if they are half-dead. Call them up! We need all of the help we can get! We have to avenge Bonez and take out those Dog Claw bastards!”
“I’m on it!” Chains replied.
“Good!” Ozzy said. “Get to it!” Then, he hung up. One down, onto the next number. Ozzy got right to work.
“Hello?” he heard a man’s voice grumble. Ozzy straightened up.
“Chris,” he said. There was a pause on the other line.
“Ozzy?” he asked.
“Yep,” his old pal said. “I need your help.”
“What can I do you for?” Chris asked.
“Still have everyone else numbers?”
“Yeah, why?” He paused. “Wait. You mean…” Ozzy nodded.
“All Bonez,” he said. “Are you in?”
“Yeah!” Chris said.
“Well then, gather the others!”
“Yes!”
“Tell everyone to meet me at the Summer Motel.”
“Got ya!”
“Get to it!” Ozzy hung up right away. He sat down on the bed. That should work.
By morning, Ozzy stepped outside the front door to see most of the former gang on motorbikes. The man grinned to himself. Junko wandered out of bed, rubbing her eyes at the sound of the roaring engines.
“What the hell did you wake me up for?” she mumbled. The girl paused and looked around.
“What the hell is this?!?” Junko shouted. Ozzy turned to her with a grin.
“This is Raven Claw!” he bragged.
Rock ‘N’ Roll