Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #2, Chapter #9: The Devil's Hand ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Devil’s Hand
A knock came on the hotel door. Ozzy leaned next to it, gun drawn.
“Who’s there?” he asked.
“Ozzy?” a girl’s tired voice answered. “It’s me, open the door.” The biker paused.
“Tess?” he asked.
“Yes!” the girl whispered, “Now let me in!” Ozzy looked further into the room. Jun’ko still stayed in the bathroom. He reached over and opened the door. The man peeked outside. A girl his age stood in the rain in her hoodie.
“Tess,” Ozzy whispered, “What are you doing here? How did you find me?”
“Through the grapevine,” she said back, “Now let me in!”
“Okay, okay,” he whispered.
“Thank you,” Tess said back. The biker lowered his gun and let his friend in. Once inside, the girl removed her gray hood. She took a breath out.
“Whew!” Tess said. Ozzy gave her a strange look.
“Tess,” he said, “Why are you here? How did you really find me?” She whipped around to her childhood friend.
“I have an offer for you,” she told him.
Jun’ko was getting dressed in the bathroom when she heard that sentence. Nosy, she leaned in for a listen.
Ozzy and Tess sat on the bed. The biker leaned in close to his friend.
“What do you mean?” he whispered.
“I’m giving you an out,” she said. Ozzy blinked at her.
“What?” he asked.
“I’m offering you a way out of this gang.”
The biker narrowed his eyes at her. “But why?”
“Ozzy, I’m worried.”
“You weren’t for years. Why now?”
“War’s coming,” Tess whispered. “Raven Fang may not come out of this.”
“War?” the biker asked. Jun’ko narrowed her eyes.
War?, she thought.
“Yes,” Tess replied.
“And you want me out before it gets worse?” the biker asked.
“Yes!” his friend yelped. Ozzy stared at her for close to five seconds.
“And… what would I get in return?” he asked. Tess laid her hands on his.
“A place for you to disappear in Mexico,” she said, “No questions asked and money will be wired to you in a private account.”
“But what about Jun’ko?” Ozzy asked. “She has to come with me wherever I go.”
“She’ll bring you down, Ozzy!” Tess wailed, “Leave her behind.”
“I can’t,” the biker said, “I promised my late boss that I would protect her.”
“Ozzy…”
“I have to!”
Tess frowned. This clearly wasn’t going as planned, but this would be the only way to get him to agree. “Fine, she can come with you. Just leave the gang,” she complained. Ozzy pondered this offer.
“I’ll be a dead man if I do,” he said.
“You’ll be dead if you stay,” Tess pointed out, “Just leave!” The biker looked her in the eye.
“Alright,” he said, “I’ll take it.” Tess bowed her head.
“Thanks, Ozzy,” she murmured. In the bathroom, Jun’ko’s wheels started to turn.
Mexico, huh?, she thought. The devil pulled the first string to open the curtain on the blood-stained puppet show.
III