Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #2, Chapter #8: California ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
California
This is a man’s world. Women don’t belong here. They belong at home, keeping quiet. Someone needs to inform Jun’ko of this. Ozzy, Jun’ko, and Raven Fang all hate each other. That hate comes with sound reason.
Jun’ko
Men! They are so… I shudder in the shower. Urgh! They are so disgusting! This gang of idiots is the worst. They don’t seem to know what a shower is. At least my brother bathed. I cringe thinking about them. I shake my head. I need a moment in this shower. I scrub my skin harder. Yuck!
Ozzy
I don’t understand her. Why does Jun’ko hate me so? All she does is scream at me and call me stupid. I’m not stupid. Why won’t she understand that? I buried my head in my hands. I can’t so this, Bonez. She’s just pure evil. I frowned to myself.
Wait… You knew this would happen, you bastard. You did this on purpose, didn’t you?!? I dropped that thought. Blaming the dead won’t do any good. Now what am I supposed to do?
Raven Fang
That little girl needs to go home.
We don’t care if she’s the boss’ sister.
Who is she to bark orders at us?
She doesn’t own us!
We need a new leader!
Ozzy’s too weak.
We can’t go on like this.
Those bastards will eat us alive!
We’re just sitting ducks here!
All three have their worried. Jun’ko wants to keep in control. Ozzy wants to keep the peace. The gang wants their structure back. So far, nobody’s winning. In fact, it keeps going in circles.
Jun’ko
Men are sheep. They are so easy to control. It’s supposed to be easy with these fools here. However, there’s a little trouble with communication here. I don’t like this; I don’t like this at all. They don’t really respect me at all. I am their new leader after all. They have to do as I say.
I gritted my teeth s I dried my hair. These guys are just useless. I snorted to myself. Baboons are more useful than this bunch. Where did that idiot brother of mine get them? I’d have an easier time baby-sitting than dealing with these fools. I’d be better off on my own. Seriously, this is wasting my fucking time.
Ozzy
My head hurts. I glance up to see her give me the evil eye. I turn around at the desk. Jun’ko scares me. Don’t laugh at me! She really is a scary bitch! That girl could kick my ass if she wanted. Seriously, don’t laugh!
Jun’ko’s not my only problem, however.
The guys don’t seem to have faith in me. I know they talk about me behind my back. The looks in their eyes don’t help either. Bonez, I really can’t do this. I think you picked the wrong man for the job.
I feel Jun’ko’s eyes on my back. Fuck! I think she wants to kill me. We need to get out of here now. But where the hell can we go? We could be ambushed at any time. We can’t even fight back at the moment.
I groaned and buried my head in my hands. Yes, yes. We’re fucked. Maybe I should quit.
Raven Fang
We need to fight back.
I can’t stand sitting around.
Ozzy’s just useless.
We need to get rid of him and her! They are deadweight to us.
We’re fucked.
Those bastards from Dog Claws will kill us for sure!
Why did boss have to die?
We really are fucked!
We are so fucked!
It’s obvious there is one thing everyone can agree on. Their resources are dwindling and most of their allies are in hiding. The gangs seem to be in wait for each other to make a move. Five days and nothing has happened. Behind the scenes, someone is not enjoying this standstill. More like two people don’t enjoy it to be exact. As a result, one pulls the strings and the other comes to the crumbling gang one muggy summer evening…
II