Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #2, Chapter #7: Heaven Inside ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Heaven Inside
-Jun’ko-
I have to have control. Everyone tries to baby me. At least now, I have a monkey to control. Ozzy is an idiot. Yet, he has some use. He us my current bodyguard. (Baby-sitter is more like it.) He came to me after my brother died. Ever since then, he’s been nothing but stupid. I have to take charge all the time. So annoying, really. I don’t know why I bother. He’s a lost cause anyway. I don’t need the headache. But, I can’t leave. I have to stay, that’s what my brother would’ve wanted.
Hmph.
My brother. Heh. There was nothing good about him. He was never home. All that bum did was drink and live the gangster life. He had so many girlfriends that I stopped counting by junior high. Our parents died when I was little. So, my brother raised me or rather I raised myself.
I had no choice, you see? I’m surprised my brother even thought about me before his death. The last time I saw him was six months ago. I don’t even fully remember that day. We might have been fighting. All I remember is him walking out the door. Ever since then, I had to take control for myself.
I worked three jobs through high school. I didn’t have a social life. Never had the time to. I made plenty of enemies though. It’s a small pride to maintain my power. Come on, what else was I to do?
I looked at the clock in the motel room. 4:38 in the morning, huh? I can already tell it’s going to be a long day. That’s what happens when you deal with idiots. Me? I have a whole gang of them to deal with from now on. It’s a pain, but I can do it. I have to stay on top, you know?
Though, I am curious about something. Who the hell shot my brother?
“Ozzy,” I called as I sat on the motel bed at seven in the morning. The dummy looked up at me.
“Yeah?” he asked.
“Who killed my brother?” I asked.
“But you can’t!”
I glanced over my shoulder at him. “And why not?”
“Because…”
“Because?”
“I said you can’t.”
I turned around to him. “Excuse me?”
He paused and stared at me with big eyes. “I mean… We’ll come with you, all of us.”
I turned to the door. “That’s better.” I smirked to myself as I walked outside. It’s not much, but I can hold on to this power until I get to ditch these losers after I find my brother’s killer.
Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You