Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #3, Chapter #11: Bitter Woman ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bitter Woman
Jun’ko’s not the only one scheming in this game. Gretchen Hon sat in her dad’s diner. Led Zeppelin floated through the speakers in the air. Jimmy Page’s voice made her want to vomit. Bonez’s loved Led Zeppelin ever since he was a kid. Her hands crushed a soda can she was holding.
Asshole!, she thought, He was nothing but a cheat! They met in their freshman year of high school. Gretchen was a good girl then. Her parents never really had it together. The father was a beast in their trailer park home. Her mother constantly had bruises, broken bones, and black eyes. She would lie about her injuries. Gretchen couldn’t take seeing her like this. However, she didn’t know what to do. Her father controlled everything. To make matters worse, he too was a cheat.
Gretchen couldn’t remember a time when he father didn’t have other women on the side. He sometimes had his affairs in the very diner she sat in now. She gritted her teeth remembering the first time she caught him with one of his girlfriends in the kitchen. He didn’t bother to justify himself.
“I’m a man!” her father barked, “I can do what I want!”Gretchen smirked to herself in present day.
Too bad you weren’t man enough to take three to chest, she thought. That case was still open to this day. Nothing tied Gretchen to his murder. Watching CSI proved to be very helpful. Her inspiration came from her then-boyfriend Bonez.
She wasn’t into the dangerous life; already had enough of that at home. No, Bonez had security. He looked like he could protect the damsel in distress when need be. In the beginning, Gretchen needed this. Bonez happily awarded her with such. They met while they in high school. She was going home that day. Her friends had club activities after school. He rode by on his motorcycle and splashed mud on her jeans.
“Damn it!” she screamed. He slowly backed up and parked beside of her. He lowered his shades.
“Oh,” the boy said, “Are your pretty jeans ruined?”
“Yes!” Gretchen hissed, “These were my favorite jeans, man!” Bonez laughed out loud.
“My bad,” he replied, “Let me make it up to you.” She folded her arms across her chest.
“How?” she asked.
“Hop on,” Bonez answered.
“Why?” Gretchen asked sternly.
“I want to show you something wonderful,” he offered. Gretchen shook her head as she snorted.
“What have I heard that before?” she asked.
“Please?” Bonez asked. Gretchen frowned at him.
“You sure?” she asked. The biker gave her a slow nod.
“Yes,” he told her. She dropped her shoulders rolled eyes.
“Sure, fine, whatever,” she replied. Gretchen climbed on back and rode off with Bonez.
He turned out to be quite the gentleman with the ladies. However, Gretchen wasn’t taken so easily. She still didn’t trust men. The girl made her distrust really clear to Bonez.
“If you ever cheat on me, I swear I’ll kill you,” she hissed in his ear on their first date. Bonez chuckled at her warning. Too bad he didn’t take it seriously. Gretchen looked down in her purse at Lil’ Sally, a 9mm revolver, and smiled back in present day. The little baby was her best friend with her father and Bonez. Now, she planned to use her against her ex’s best friend and younger sister.
However, she’s not the only ex plotting revenge against the pair.
Fool in the Rain