Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #6, Chapter #30: Escape to Mexico ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Escape to Mexico

Someone pushed Jun'ko and Ozzy forward when they far enough away from the big brawl.

“Ow!” Ozzy complained.

“What the hell?!” Jun'ko shouted. They turned to see the man who called himself Bonez. Jun'ko put her hands on her hips.

“You're not my brother!” she shouted. “Who the fuck are you?!”

“Yeah, what she said,” Ozzy said. The man claiming to be Bonez held out his arms.

“Your escape route,” he said.

“What?” Ozzy asked.

“I'm here to get you out,” the man said.

“Why?” Jun'ko asked. The man lowered his empty eyes.

“I was asked to,” he replied.

“By who?” Ozzy asked.

“Bonez,” the man said. Jun'ko and Ozzy stared with jaws dropped.

“No way!” Ozzy said. Jun'ko shook her head.

“You're lying,” she said in a low voice. “He's dead. How would that be even possible?” The man looked her in the eye.

“It was his dying wish,” he said. Jun'ko covered her mouth as the color drained from her face. She sank to her knees.

“Brother…” the high school-aged girl murmured. Ozzy tilted his head.

“But who are you?” he asked.

“I am just a man who is answering a final request,” the man said. “My real name is not important.” Jun'ko and Ozzy stared at each other. Who was this guy? Part of them wanted to be weary of him.

“Why would you want to help us?” Jun'ko asked. “What do you get out of this?”

“Nothing,” the man answered. The girl raised an eyebrow and folded her arms across her chest.

“Uh-huh,” she said. “Why should we believe you?”

“Depends on you,” the man said. “I'm giving you an out.”

“Why? I don't even have my bike,” Ozzy said. “We have no money or passports.”

“You mean that bike?” their “savior” asked, pointing behind them. Ozzy and Jun'ko turned around. The biker gasped when he spotted his motorcycle.

“What the…?!” he asked. The biker turned to their “savior”.

“How did…?” he asked. The man held up his hand.

“You don't have time for questions,” he said. “Just go! I have friends at the border who can help you.” Ozzy climbed onto his bike, Jun'ko glared at the mysterious man.

“How do we know this isn't a trap?” she asked. The stranger raised his eyebrow.

“What choice do you have?” he asked. “Would you rather go back there?” Ozzy gritted his teeth as his dead boss' sister opened her mouth again.

“Oh for god sake, Jun'ko! Will you just shut up?!” he yelled. She whipped around with her mouth wide open. He narrowed his eyes.

“You wanted to get out of here,” Ozzy said. “So just take it! I'm tired of your mouth! Frankly, I'm tired of this shit! Now get on the bike and shut up!” Jun'ko stared at him, big-eyed. She grumbled and climbed onto the bike.

“Thank you!” Ozzy mouthed at the stranger. But, the man had already vanished. The biker tilted his head.

Strange…

Ozzy still cranked up his bike and the pair rode off.

“What happens now?” he asked.

“Shit if I know,” Jun'ko said. “Just keep going!” The biker shrugged.

“Okay, whatever you say,” he said. By this point, Ozzy stopped caring.

Fin