Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ❯ Episode 1: The End is Only The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~X~X~X~X~X~

Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

By: Melissa Norvell

Episode 1: The End is Only The Beginning

~X~X~X~X~X~

It was a sunny day and the start of the weekend for the two Japanese school students as they walked down one of the many concrete strips of sidewalk that aligned the crowded town. The two of them seemed normal enough. One was a young boy who seemed no more than seventeen in age. His long, spiked out hair leaned to one side and flowed in the gentle breeze and his youthful, slanted eyes were bright and alert. The girl who strolled next to him had shoulder length brown hair that was pulled half-way back with a bright yellow bow and her bushy bangs partially hid her light brown eyes as she smiled at the boy with thin pink lips.

They both still wore their school uniforms- the boy's was a dark blue jacket and slacks with a white undershirt and black tie, the girls was a long-sleeved, navy and white sailor shirt with a red tie and a long, mid-calf fuku with white socks and loafer-type shoes. The girl held her large, brown leather satchel with both hands in front of herself as they walked and the spiky-haired boy swung his over his shoulder and carried it in a nonchalant fashion.

"It's almost the weekend. I'm so excited!" The girl exclaimed. It had been a long day of studies and tests and she was happy to finally get some rest tomorrow.

"I think I'm just going to take it easy for the weekend," her friend was a little relieved to be off tomorrow as well.

"You are, Abumi?" The girl looked at him with kind eyes. "Does that mean that you don't want to do anything?" She stopped walked and stared at him. This brown-haired girl was hoping that they could spend some time together. She really liked Abumi and was planning on confessing her love for him this particular weekend but how could she do that if all he wanted to do was remain alone?

"Hm?" Abumi stopped a few paces ahead of her and looked over his shoulder in question. What had she meant by that?

"Well..." The girl blushed and looked down. "I was just wondering...If it's not too much trouble...could you..." She innocently fiddled with the handle of her satchel. The brown-haired girl was never good on the projection of her affections to the one she liked for fear of rejection.

"Could I what?" The boy asked. "Do you want to go somewhere with me this weekend, Moegi?"

"Um...Well..." Moegi blushed brighter as uncertainty filled her form.

Before their conversation could go anywhere, they heard a voice shout from high up. It was wild and feminine and uttered the words 'there he is'. The two school kids glanced up to see a woman in a pink, Chinese-inspired dress and white stockings headed towards them with a large, metal baseball bat. She landed a few feet away from them, her short, orange hair that was flipped out at the ends bounced as the pink, silk material of her dress fluttered down around her. This woman had slanted, wild golden eyes and the smirk of an underhanded thief.

She rushed at the two and before Abumi knew it, he felt a blow to the back of the head that caused him to fly forward with the force of the blow. Moegi simply stood there, petrified and confused as to what was happening around her. Everything seemed so sudden it was as if the moment were still playing in slow motion around her and she could hear the back of the bat come into contact with her secret love's head.

Who was this woman and why was she hitting Abumi with a base ball bat?

He could have been seriously hurt!

Moegi turned swiftly; her brown hair hit her in the face as she whirled around to check on the boy. "A-Abumi? What the?" She questioned as she caught wind of the cackle of the wild woman who stood a few feet from her. For that moment in time she had realized that she was in striking distance. The girl let out a gasp as she took in this strange woman's appearance.

She was stocky and built. This woman had the beauty of a rock star with a rugged yet beautiful look. She wore off clothing; a Chinese-inspired pink dress that wrapped around the breast with a skirt that had two slits going straight up to the hip. Around her stomach was a large, blue sash and on her legs were white stockings with lace that adorned the tops of them as they stopped at her mid-thigh. Moegi assumed that the woman was also wearing some sort of lingerie, judging from the fact that there were straps going up her legs, as if they attached themselves to something. This strange woman wore black high heels and wore no makeup. She didn't need to, for she had a natural beauty that made her stick out. The orange-haired woman also had a small beauty mark below the right side of her wicked, feral smile.

"Hi there," she purred deviously.

"Who-Who are you?" The girl asked shakily as she realized that she was in striking distance from this woman. Chills rand own her spine at the eye contact of such a deadly wildflower.

"That's not your problem, little girl," the woman's voice was tough, yet feminine just as she was and it fit her well.

Moegi decided not to communicate with her too much so she simply ran towards Abumi, after all, he was hit with a base ball bat and she had to see if he was alright. She found him in a hedge nearby. The girl looked through the bushes and dug her friend's form out of the foliage.

"Abumi, are you okay?" The school girl asked as her friend groaned in pain and held the back of his head.

"Nugh...What the hell was that? I feel like I got hit by a train," Abumi stumbled out of the shrub with a hand on the back of his head. "Ouch..." He winced in pain.

"That was weird...I don't even know who that was," Moegi glanced around for any sight of the woman, but she was nowhere to be found. It was as if she had vanished from thin air.

"Well...I sure don't. I thought I got hit by a car for a few minutes," Abumi was just as confused as his friend and he didn't know what had been going on. Why would a woman come and mysteriously hit him with a baseball bat. He wondered if she was someone from his past or was his mistaken for someone else. many questions ran through his head at light speed- too many to answer in such a short amount of time.

"Nope, just by this weird woman who had a really hard hit," Moegi confirmed his assailant.

"Why'd she hit me anyway?" It wasn't really a question directed at Moegi but more of one that was wondered aloud.

"Because, I'm trying to kill you," a familiar, rough voice cut in. Moegi and Abumi turned around in unison and saw a familiar sight before them.

It was her.

"Who the hell are you, anyway?" Abumi shouted at the woman. He wanted answers and he wanted to know her reasoning for assaulting him for no apparent reason. If he was being mistaken for someone else, then he wanted to know so he could put an end to it.

"Why did you hit him in the back of the head with a base ball bat? What did he do to you?" Moegi spoke up from behind him. She tried to pull off her most serious expression, even though she was frightened on the inside.

"Oh, he knows exactly who I am and what he did," the woman folded her arms over her chest.

"If I knew who you were, do you honestly think I would have asked you that question?" Abumi was little irritated that this conversation seemed to be headed nowhere.

"Oh, stop trying to keep your fake cover! It gets kind of sickening after a while," the Chinese-clad woman was disgusted with his current behavior.

"Fake cover? You mean...like a secret agent or something?" Moegi placed a finger to her thin lips and blinked in bewilderment. What was this all about? Was Abumi...an agent of some kind?

"Or something is right. That or something is dead," the wild flower of a woman pulled out an abnormally large mallet and held it up in a menacing way as she prepared to close in on the boy to deliver a death blow that would end her mission once and for all.

"What the hell?"

"Eh?" Moegi's eye slightly widened at the use of such an odd weapon. Usually people used guns, knives or swords to kill with but this woman chose a hammer. 'A hammer? What kind of threatening weapon is a hammer?'

Her thoughts were short-lived as the woman brought down the odd weapon upon the two school children and all that could be heard was Moegi's piercing scream and the loud bang that the end of the mallet made as it came into contact with the ground. Abumi got down to his hands and feet and managed to push himself off of the ground with them in order to avoid the orange-haired woman's violent attack. Their eyes met as his form passed her. The hammer-wielding woman's devilish smirk widened as her golden eyes pierced into his darkly colored ones through the pieces of debris that flew around them.

"Oh...You're smart."

"I don't understand this. What's going on?" Moegi helplessly watched from the sidelines.

"I'm Ichibaki Ruri, the Ninja Hidden Amongst the Leaves and number one kunoichi," the wild flower known as Ruri introduced herself.

"Kunoichi?" Moegi asked.

"A kunoichi is a female ninja," Abumi explained.

"Got that right and this kunoichi is going to do some killin' today!" Ruri was all too happy with that suggestion as the excitement rushed through her adrenalin.

"Why do you want to kill him? He's just a normal boy! He didn't do anything to you!" She didn't know what was going on or who Ruri was but she didn't want Abumi to be hurt anymore. Moegi just wanted her to leave them alone and let them get on with their lives.

"That's where you're wrong," Ruri swung her hammer over her shoulder and rested the handle on it firmly.

"Huh?" This confused Moegi more than ever. How could she be wrong about something like this? Abumi was just a normal school boy...wasn't he? She felt as if she wasn't sure if she even knew him anymore. Was he hiding something and if so what was it? Was he an agent?

None of this made any sense!

If he really was someone else then why did he not know? You'd think if he was hiding something that he would have at least been aware of it but he seemed totally clueless at the very mention of any past vendettas.

Ruri swiftly appeared beside of Abumi, who seemed rather freaked out as her quick movement. She got close to his face and spoke, her breath hitting his cheek as her words flowed. "He told me that I could kill him if things didn't work out. Naturally, they didn't or I wouldn't be here."

'Work out? Does she mean-?' Moegi's thoughts were cut off by the strange woman as she bid them goodbye and swung her hammer back down to attempt to crush Abumi once more.

The spiky-haired teen dodged the mallet and as soon as it made contact with the ground, he stepped onto the instrument. Ruri seemed confused for a moment before she brought it around to try and crush him under the opposite end. Across the road, some of the citizens began to notice the fight and began to gather around the two of them.

"You're crazy!" Abumi told the orange-haired woman.

"Thank you!" Ruri was flattered by his odd compliment.

"What in the world is wrong with you people?" Moegi had no idea what was going on and she didn't even want to think anymore because this whole situation gave her a headache. Abumi was being attacked by some strange woman with a hammer who spoke about him giving permission to kill him. The whole situation was one conglomorative mess.

This was truly a conundrum.

"I don't know. I don't even know who she is," Abumi was just as confused as she did. On top of that, it seemed genuine.

"Well, I know you...Abumi."

"Why may I ask, do you want to kill me?" The spiky-haired boy asked.

"Because you didn't keep your promise," Ruri replied simply.

"...and I repeat, what promise?" He asked.

"I repeat. The one you made to me before you left. You said that if you didn't come back and be partners with me. I could have your head...and I want your head," the orange-haired woman was getting irritated by his innocent act. She wished that he would just come to terms with who he really was and acknowledge the promise that he broke. Abumi needed to own up to his own actions.

"I don't even know who the hell you are!!" Abumi yelled in frustration and confusion.

"It's not important if you don't remember me but if this hammer is the last thing you see...it won't matter much, will it?" Ruri ran at him and brought her weapon down upon him again to attempt to smash him.

The boy took off running. "I don't understand this!" He yelled as he ran as fast as he could.

"Running like a little coward, eh Hayabusa?" The wild woman cackled insanely after she had made that statement.

"I don't know what you want from me, you crazy psycho!" The spiky-haired boy shouted as he continued to run down the street.

"I told you about five times! What are you, retarded?" Ruri was irritated now more than ever.

"No, just really confused!"

"You're not setting a very good example for your girlfriend over there," Ruri held out her hand to the spot where Megi was watching from a little way down the street. She had ran after the two when the orange-haired woman tried to run after him but her legs could not go as fast as theirs and she stopped half of the way down the path.

"What? Girlfriend?" The confused boy asked as he glanced at the girl who stood only a few feet away in front of the crowd of spectators.

"Is that your type, Abumi?" Ruri criticized. "Man has your style changed from the last I knew you!"

"How would you know my type?! You need to go back to the mental institution or something!" The confused boy replied.

"Well, obviously you have amnesia or something because you don't even remember me. Hiyah!" Ruri shouted as she brought down her massive weapon once more. Abumi scrambled out of the way to avoid the strike. The Chinese-clad woman was serious about hurting him. She really wanted him dead. The boy screamed and fell on his face as he barely avoided the blow. Abumi looked over his shoulder to see that the wild woman was on him once more. His face lit up with surprise as the hammer inched closer to his face. He scrambled out of the way and barely managed to escape.

'She's really trying to kill him! I should do something.' Moegi had been tired of standing on the sideline. She felt so helpless and not only that but she couldn't stand by and watch as Abumi was nearly killed by the psychotic Ruri. The girl ran out in front of him and got in between them as she shouted 'stop' at the top of her lungs, clenched her eyes shut and threw her arms out.

"Huh?" Ruri was a little confused as she stopped from closing in on him to deliver another blow.

"Don't hurt him! Please! I don't know what happened between you guys but you really shouldn't try to kill each other!" The girl shouted, trying to be brave. She had put herself in a dangerous situation. Moegi tried to stare down the crazy woman and attempted to fight off the rising fear deep within her. She knew that she could die at any moment but she didn't care. She couldn't let her hurt Abumi.

"Moegi, stay out of this!" Abumi ordered but the girl refused.

"No! I won't let her hurt you!" She was adamant about her views.

"You should listen to your boyfriend, little girl," Ruri advised.

"Huh?" Moegi couldn't help but try to fight back a blush.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Then the hurtful phrase came from the boy's mouth. It was the phrase that ripped through her being and cut out a chunk of her soul. Moegi's expression looked like one of hurt as the sentence echoed and repeated as it ran through her mind. This was the very boy that she had planned to confess her feelings to and he had just said the most hurtful sentence that she could have ever heard him utter.

"Right and I'm a kappa," Ruri teased.

"You look like one," Abumi insulted.

"WHAT!?" This sent waves of rage through the wild woman as she swung her hammer and hit Moegi with is. The girl screamed as she flew off. Ruri's anger had caused her to hit the wrong person. She stood stock still and placed a hand to her brow as she watched the girl's form disappear into the sky. "Oops...sorry..." That would teach her to needlessly take out her anger on the girl.

"I hope she's alright," the spiky-haired boy replied.

"Worry about yourself!" Ruri tried to smash the boy once more as the crowd continued to cheer for either side. Most of them cheered for Ruri.

"You guys aren't helping me!" The frustrated teen griped.

Nearby, Moegi crawled out of a trashcan. "Ouch...Hey! What was that for?" The girl asked as the lid on the waste bin shut and hit her in the head. "Ouch..." She whined. Today just wasn't her day and what she thought to be a fun-filled weekend turned out to be nothing but drama and sheer lunacy.

How did she manage to get caught up in something like this?

~X~X~X~X~X~

"Die!" Ruri tried to smash him once again. Abumi barely managed to move away once more. His body was getting tired from his previous attempts to dodge her pummeling. He was just a human boy and his body wasn't used to moving at its limit so quickly.

"Man...I'm wearing down. I'm not used to this!" The boy panted.

"You should have never given up being a ninja."

"What?" The boy's eyes widened as a realization of long ago hit him. 'Ninja?'

The past seemed to partially return to him as vivid images reminded him of a promise from long ago. He clearly remembered himself saying that he promised that he would fulfill his duties as a shinobi (1) and anytime the woman needed him then he would be there to help her carry out her plans.

He didn't remember who he had been talking to because their image was blurry in his mind but their form was female nonetheless.

"Could she be..." He wondered as he tried to figure things out.

"Smashy, smashy!" Ruri sing-songed as she attempted to smash the panting boy once more. It proved hard for Abumi to think about anything when he had to worry about his own life like this. Avoiding her crippling blows took all of his body power and mentality to keep focused.

"I'm losing power," Abumi felt the wind from the force of the blow. He was very tired and the spiky-haired boy was beginning to sweat a little. If he got any slower, he'd get hit next time for sure.

"Good, then I can have that head of yours," Ruri smiled arrogantly.

"I don't think so!"

"Tell it to my hammer!" The irritated killer attempted to make him become one with the ground again. Again, the boy barely dodged her blow. His body was wearing down and a thin layer of sweat adorned his ivory skin and the boy panted heavily and his reflexes weren't as quick as they were initially. They had been battling like this for an hour now and Abumi knew in his heart that Ruri wouldn't stop until she fulfilled her bloodlust and smashed his head into the ground.

"Panting, eh?" The orange-haired killer said in an amused tone.

"What are you? A molester?" Abumi was very creeped out by her advance towards him. This woman seemed in her mid-thirties and he was just a high school student.

"Well it is sexy in a way," Ruri purred.

"Go away, you freak!" This sentence only earned him another attempted killing.

'I don't have enough energy to move. Only one choice left...' Abumi thought as he stood there, staring the wooden weapon down. In one last ditch effort, he ducked down and trusted his foot up with all of the remaining strength that he had left and delivered a harsh blow to Ruri's chin and sent her form flying upwards.

'That little bastard hit me!' The angry woman saw red as she looked at the confused boy below her.

"I...did it?" Abumi looked a little bewildered. He didn't think that he would even get one move in on her. The boy had thought that he would be hit for sure. The woman landed with a smack on her side in front of the first row of onlookers in the crowd. They backed up a little so that she wouldn't land on them and peered at her from the frontline. There was a dead silence for a good ten minutes.

~X~X~X~X~X~X~

Moegi stuck one leg out of the trash can as she attempted to wearily climb out. This had not been her day! She was hit with a hammer, turned down by the guy she loved and nearly killed by a raging psycho with a hammer. To top that all off as she was climbing out of the trashcan, it tipped over, causing the girl to scream and be dumped onto the ground in a giant heap of trash. The dirty girl held her arms out with her elbows bent and attempted to shake off what garbage had fallen on her. Moegi then picked the few pieces of garbage out of her brown hair.

She heard something pant lightly beside of her and turned a little to see a stray dog that had come up to sniff the trash. The grungy-looking dog stood its ground and growled. Her observant brown eyes lit up in shock as she saw every hair on the dog's skinny body stand on end with anger.

Screaming the girl bolted off as the dog chased her down the street.

Back at the scene of Ruri's defeat, the injured, orange-haired woman slowly lifted herself off of the ground and arose to look of Abumi in rage. No one ever dared to strike her, ever. This is something that only insured that his death would befall him soon. The enraged woman called him a little bastard and ran at him.

Abumi knew that he had done it this time. He was dead meat for sure. As the woman closed in on him, he could only think of one thing to do- run, and so, he did. The boy's body was tired and he could not run very fast at all, the more he stressed himself to go faster, the quicker Ruri closed in on him. Soon, she would catch up to him and it would only be a matter of time before he was hit with that giant hammer again.

"Take this! Super Ruri Smash!" The woman hit him with the hammer once again and caused him to fly off into the sky.

Abumi screamed as his body flew into the air and landed in the same large dumpster that Moegi had landed in. The boy groaned as he lay in a large pile of garbage and stared up at the opened lid. 'That really hurts. She hits hard...I think I might be paralyzed...' His thoughts whined within the confines of his skull. The lid of the trashcan then opened and as the light hit his face, the look of paranoia grew. He was confined and not only that, he could not move. 'Oh shit...I'm done. This crazy psycho is going to have my head and I didn't even know why...'

'I get your head if you don't, right?' The mysterious woman's voice reeled through his head. Now that he had really thought about it, that voice was very familiar.

Not that he had much time to think, however.

'Why do I remember her saying that clearly?' Abumi was half-lidded as he tried to keep from drifting into unconsciousness.

Before he knew it, he was grabbed by the shirt and thrown out of the trashcan and was thrown to the ground. His lipid form tumbled across the pavement as he rolled over and over, much like a tattered rag doll that's been uselessly thrown aside by a preoccupied child.

"Time to die!" The woman wore a demented smile that was sick with bloodlust and triumph as she held her hammer above the boy's weakened body. Ruri laughed insanely as the faint sound of sirens could be heard in the background. "Eh?" She glanced to the side and was a little freaked out about the police showing up. Abumi had figured that someone had called the cops because of the outbreak between the two of them.

"Well...It seems that you're sage...for now...but we'll meet again Hayabusa and I will kill you, so you'd better prepare yourself. So long!" Ruri promised as she hopped off and disappeared from sight, leaving the injured boy to lay there in pain as he continued to fight off consciousness.

From a few feet away Abumi could faintly hear Moegi yelling at the barking dog that kept jumping towards her as he held onto a light post for dear life.

"Ah! Get away from me! Shut up! Stop it!" The girl yelled and waived her hand the dog to try and get it to go away but it lunged at her even more and even tried to bite off her hand. Moegi yelped and quickly pulled back her hand as a rock hit the dog in the eye and caused it to yelp and run off.

A short distance away, Abumi stood wearily. The boy barely had enough energy to throw the stone, much less drag his body up towards the girl. His clothes were stained and they smelled like trash, his body was scuffed up and he had small rips in his shirt and pants where he was thrown on the concrete. Moegi called out his name in dismay as she jumped off of the light pole and rushed over to the injured boy. She tackled him and pulled his body into a tight embrace. Moegi was really happy that he was alright.

"No! Moegi!" The spiky-haired boy shouted as the two tumbled backwards. Abumi clenched his eyes shut as he anticipated the fall. It wouldn't be the first time he was slammed into the ground today. As soon as the relieved girl felt herself free falling, she let out a surprised yelp.

"Sorry, Abumi-kun!" The girl blushed as she realized that she had her arms around his neck, a leg between his and her body pressed tightly into her secret crush's lean body. For the first time, she could feel how firm his body was. Abumi must have been athletic to have a body like that, not to mention he smelled good. She wondered what type of cologne he wore.

"It's alright," his tired voice sighed. "Hey, what do you say we hang out for a while?"

"Are you sure you feel up to it?" Moegi asked. He'd been through a lot today and the fact that he wanted to in itself surprised her. Maybe it was a form of being sorry for causing her so much trouble or getting her involved in his problems.

"Yeah," Abumi smiled weakly. It was kind of cute when he smiled when he was tired. It had a tranquility to it that made her feel at peace with herself. Moegi didn't even seem to mind that they were so close. All hint of being nervous faded from her body.

~X~

Later, the two walked along the sidewalk. Abumi had his arm around the girl's neck and was using her as a support. He was badly injured and needed to rest but at the same time, he wanted to spend time with her. He didn't mean to drag her into his problems or get her hurt on top of that. The spiky-haired boy at least wanted to thank her for standing up for him against Ruri, even though he knew that she must have been afraid.

Moegi glanced at him with a worried expression on her face and asked him if he was alright. He did look worse for wear after that toss-up with that killer.

"Yes, you've asked me thirteen times already." It really was excessive.

"Sorry, I'm just worried," Moegi looked down.

"It's okay; I'm going to hope I don't run into her again.=," Abumi narrowed his eyes. Whether it was from pain or simply being in thought was a cryptic question to Moegi as she watched the expression on his face shift.

"Me either, she was weird. I mean megaweird." Even the thought of Ruri's demented, hungry look.

'But I wonder...does she really know who I am? I barely remember my past...Why does it become more clear when I'm around her?' Abumi thought as the two walked off down the road. There was no telling when he'd meet Ruri again but whenever that time came, he had to be prepared, the only question was- how do you prepare for someone as wild and unpredictable as her?

He truly had a fight on his hands.

To Be Continued...

Next Chapter: Some People Are Just Weird