Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ❯ Episode 2: Some People Are Just Weird ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

Episode 2: Some People Are Just Weird

By: Melissa Norvell

XxXxXxXx

After the incident that had taken place in the streets with Ruri, Abumi decided to spend some time at Moegi's house to get his mind off of his injuries. The girl placed a pillow behind his head as he laid on a futon on the floor. She asked him if he was comfortable and he had informed her that he was. Moegi then sat beside of him and stared at the spiky-haired boy for a moment before she asked a question.

"Do you really not know who she is, Abumi-kun?" The brown-haired girl wondered aloud. Ruri sure acted like she sure knew him. The whole incident was just strange and Moegi couldn't seem to get her mind off of it.

"I...Don't know...I mean, I didn't at first but...but now, she seems more and more familiar," he had actually thought about it a great deal and there was someone from his past that had resembled her, but the mysterious woman's features weren't distinct or intricate in his mind.

"So...She wasn't entirely crazy?" That was a relief.

"I'm not sure. She might be someone I know...But she also might be playing some sort of trick on me...Some sort of Genjutsu," Abumi commented as Moegi wondered what exactly a 'genjustsu' was. The boy explained that a Genjutsu was a spell that was cast over the psyche and it was an assault of the mind. He also explained that some of the attacks' powers were so great that they could possibly mentally scar or damage a person's psyche.

"That's scary. Not even your mind is safe!" What kind of women was Ruri exactly? Moegi definitely didn't want to get hit with that Genjutsu stuff. "So what exactly is it? I mean...is it martial arts or something?"

"It's a ninja technique. There are three main techniques- Taijutsu- physical attacks, Ninjutsu- magical attacks or Genjutsu- mental attacks," Abumi kept educating her on the foreign words that she had heard.

"How do you know so much about ninja?" Moegi questioned. He seemed to know more than most of the ninja fanatics at school. She was quite impressed with his knowledge. Abumi really was a smart kid. "Do you study a lot?" That certainly seemed like a subject that would require a massive amount of research that was for sure.

The boy gave no answer. A part of him was even unsure of how he knew such a thing.

"Huh?" The girl blinked in confusion.

"Let's say I know a few," Abumi wanted to keep his past a secret. Who knew what havoc would be caused by having Moegi find out that he was once a ninja. Would she even believe such a thing even if he told her? To her, it would either explain a lot or make her think that he was just as crazy as Ruri. Could Ruri have been someone that he knew from the past? Perhaps she was one of his enemies, coming back to try and finish him off. If that was the case, then Moegi was definitely in trouble.

"Really?" The girl's expression lit up with excitement. "That's so cool! I didn't think that there were any around, considering the technological growth of Japan." While they seemed like an outdated profession, Moegi was happy to know that a few of them had still existed. She had always though ninja were very interesting and the fact that Abumi seemed to know some made him very cool in her book.

"Ichibaki Ruri..." Abumi said the name slowly with a look of nostalgia on his face.

"Huh?"

"That was her name," Abumi admitted.

"I still don't get it. Why was she after you? What promise did you make to this psycho?" The girl pressed. If he was hiding something from her then he should come out with it.

"I don't know...I told you already," the spiky-haired boy was frustrated with the subject, not to mention that he now had Moegi pestering him about the past that he never wanted to resurface. Everything was a mess and if she even knew half of what he'd been through it might put her in danger. Abumi didn't mean to snap at the girl but she needed to let him have his space. Trying to remember was hard enough. Everything happened so long ago and he wanted nothing more than to forget that part of his life. He thought that he could simply live a normal life but now that Ruri had shown up, he was reminded of the one thing he wished that he could forget.

"Sorry I asked," Moegi looked down. Abumi must have really been having a hard time with everything. While she understood how he must be feeling, she didn't think that he should take it out on her.

"Let's just rest for now," Abumi replied in a kinder tone. All he really needed was time to think and recover from what had happened.

"Um...okay, you can stay here if you'd like," Moegi offered. It was the least that she could do for her troubled secret love. Abumi thanked her and as soon as she tried to tell him 'you're welcome' she only managed to get to the 'i' in 'welcome' before she noticed that he had already fallen asleep. The girl smiled at him kindly. 'Sleep tight...Abumi-kun...You had a long day.'

As the girl placed the covers around his shoulders, her face inched closer to his. How badly she wanted to kiss him! She could almost taste his lips upon hers in a sweet kiss, but she fought off the urge. Moegi couldn't bring herself to take advantage of someone in their sleep! What was she thinking? She wasn't some kind of raging pervert!

The girl arose and walked out of the room quickly, shutting the door behind her. Moegi was glad that she had torn her gaze away from him or something truly bad would have ensued. The girl could only imagine what would have happened if she had kissed him and he had woken up!

Ruri hid behind a building as three police officers shot by. The woman remained silent as the men soon ran out of sight. She wore a pissed off look and grumbled her misfortunes to herself. "Those damned cops were really onto me. I need to learn to be a little more careful around these parts. Someone in the crowd probably called them out. Oh well...it can't be helped now. I just wished that I could have killed Abumi. Now I'll have to track him down all over again," Ruri sighed. "Damn it all...I will capture him, no doubt and I know just how to do it."

A wicked smile crossed her face. One way or another, that boy's life would be in her hands.

XxXxXx

"Hey Abumi-kun, wake up!" Moegi shouted cheerfully when the morning came. She pulled back his covers playfully but found that he was nowhere in his futon. "Hm? He's gone." The brown-haired school girl wondered where her friend had gone. She decided to search for him. She looked around the house and occasionally called his name.

When she got to the bathroom she noticed that water was running and turned the corner to see what he had been doing. As soon as Moegi came into the room she managed to get a full frontal of the nude boy as he stepped out of the shower.

"Abumi....kun?" Her voice went squeaky as she froze in place for a few moments and simply stared. Silently and only within the confines of her mind did she admit that he had a nice body. She was so going to die for this!

Moegi's face turned beet red as she dashed out, followed by a bar of soap. The girl frantically tried to apologize for being rude.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know!" Soap went sailing past her face. "Eee!" She squealed as she ran behind the corner of the wall, and peered out to further apologize. "I really didn't mean-" Her sentence couldn't even get finished before a bottle of shampoo smacked her right in the face. "Ow! I said I was sorry!!"

"Oh...Sorry Moegi..." Abumi quickly pulled a towel around himself and stopped from launching bathroom goods at the defenseless girl. "You just scared me," he walked over and kneeled beside of the girl, who was now sitting on the floor. Little did he know, but his throw was stronger than Moegi had thought. The sheer force of the shampoo bottle knocked her down.

"Oh...Abumi-kun..."

"You should learn to knock," the spiky-haired boy looked a little irritated that she just barged in while he was in the shower.

"I didn't know you were in there or I would have," the girl blushed.

"Now that it's Saturday, we can do something together, right?" Abumi tried to quickly change the subject. The further he got away from her seeing him naked, the better and he didn't even want to know what she thought of his naked body.

"Really?" The girl's face lit up once again. She was surprised that he had even remembered anything trivial since he'd been through so much lately but it was nice to see that he remembered. Maybe he just wanted to do something fun to take his mind off of everything.

"Sure, just you and me with a day full of fun," Abumi smiled.

"I'd love to!" Moegi replied happily as she put her hands together. "Let me get ready!"

"Well," the spiky-haired boy sweat dropped. "I'm not going in a towel."

"Well, duh!" Moegi replied. Of course he wasn't going in a towel. That would just be flat out embarrassing!

XxXxXxXx

Soon after Abumi and Moegi dressed their best to go out on the town and do something fun. The girl was happy that she was finally able to spend some alone time with Abumi and if everything went well, perhaps she could finally tell him how she felt. Maybe it would be a cushion to break his harsh fall from the other day. She wrapped her arm around his and uttered the phrase 'let's go, Abumi-kun' in excitement.

The two made their way into town and walked along the busy streets. They looked around at the shops and made their way through the tons of people that inhabited and shopped in that district.

"Wow, there are a lot of people around on Saturday, huh?" Moegi looked at the spiky-haired boy in question.

"Yeah, you sure like to go shopping, don't you?" Abumi glanced to the girl beside of him, who was holding four large bags packed full of stuff.

"You bet!" Moegi beamed with happiness. Shopping was one of her all-time favorite activities. "Hey! They're having a shoe sale!" The girl's face lit up at the sight of a sale. She ran ahead of Abumi and in her hurry, her purse fell out of arms and tumbled to the ground. Moegi then ran past a woman holding an umbrella. As she ran by, the woman's green eyes followed her form closely, as if she was examining the girl's features.

"Moegi! Wait!" Abumi picked up the fallen purse and pursued his friend.

The umbrella lifted up to reveal Ruri, who wore a look of realization and confusion. Then, a sly smirk crossed her face. 'So...he's here...and here I thought that finding him again would be a chore.' Then the moment had hit her. "Hm? Was he carrying...a purse?" Ruri wasn't too sure what to think about the boy's sexuality considering what she had seen. Some people were just strange and the last person she thought would be weird was Abumi.

"Hey Moegi..." Abumi finally made his way to the girl, huffing and puffing. He had seriously needed to work out more. He was never this out of shape. The spiky-haired boy held out the purse to her. "Here's your purse."

Moegi looked up with brown eyes widened in awe at the sight before her. All she could do was utter the word 'wow' as she stared at a small pathway in a nearby park. It was beautiful and lined with cherry blossom trees. The blossoms were in bloom but the petals had not fallen yet. Nonetheless, it was still very beautiful and she wanted nothing more than to walk down that path with her secret crush. Abumi's dark eyes were also drawn to the serene sight before the both of them. The boy just stood and held the purse in one hand as he took in the scenery. Even he had to admit that the place looked like something straight out of a fantasy book.

"That walkway looks so pretty! Would you walk down it with me?" The school girl whirled around and asked the boy. She hoped that he wanted to walk with her. Much to her surprise, he told her that he would.

The two of them walked down the path and sat on a bench to watch the trees and enjoy the scenery. Moegi was also hoping that something romantic would happen. Moegi stood and gazed through the branches around her and Abumi leaned against the bench as the both of them enjoyed the cool air and sweet smell of the cherry blossoms as they intoxicated their senses. It was tranquil to gaze through the tree branches as the gentle winds caused the branches to sway.

"Nice place to just admire the landscape and think, huh?" Moegi said wistfully as the wind toyed with her hair. She closed her eyes for a moment as she felt the winds caress her ivory features.

"Yes," Abumi replied lazily. The tranquil environment caused him to feel a little sluggish as he thought to himself. 'Which is exactly what I've been doing...Thinking about this Ruri and what past we share. I recall bits and pieces of it but nothing ever comes up that's complete. I know I used to be a ninja...Could she have been one of my old team mates? I don't remember making any promises like that...'

"It's so pretty, isn't it?" Moegi sat beside of him on the old, wooden bench. The spiky-haired boy placed his arm around her slender shoulders. This caused the girl to blush a little at the touch.

"It's nice, isn't it?" He looked at the cherry trees surrounding them.

"What's nice? Sitting here?" Moegi questioned.

"Yeah and watching the leaves falling from the trees," Abumi replied kindly.

"It's really nice," she agreed with a smile.

"Thanks for helping me back there."

"You're welcome. Oh and Abumi..." Moegi looked towards the boy and found herself face to face with him. She could feel his breath on her face as he asked 'yes' in a low tone. "Uh...I'm sorry about earlier..." She trailed a little nervous about being so close to him, especially when she had thought about seeing him naked before.

"That's alright," Abumi smiled. He seemed to just dismiss everything so easily.

Moegi inched closer to his face. She hoped that she could steal an innocent kiss from him but didn't hope too intently. "I didn't mean to barge in..."

'What's going on?' The boy thought to himself as he noticed his friend inching closer. What was she trying to do? "Moegi?"

"Hm?" The girl replied dreamily as she closed her eyes. Soon, very soon, she would feel his lips pressed against hers and soon she will have her desired kiss from the boy of her dreams. Their lips nearly touched as a figure perched in a nearby cherry blossom tree spied them below.

"Now's my chance," Ruri jumped from the tree and swung her hammer. "Raging Gale!" She commanded as she sent powerful winds at them. The winds busted forward and caused the two of them to slam into each other, their heads colliding and their lips touched in a brief kiss as a result. The two school mates then fell off of the bench backwards and onto the grassy ground below.

Moegi blushed even more as she laid on top of him, with her skirt raised up to her mid-thighs and her legs in-between his. She uttered his name as she ran two fingers across her pale thin lips with widened eyes, warm, brown and full of emotions.

"What...was that?" Abumi wondered out loud as he flushed slightly.

"Helloo!" Ruri waved with a cheesy smile as she stood in front of the two of them as she shifted her weight to one side and propped her umbrella up over her shoulder.

'I saw her in town.' A flash of the mysterious woman who held the dark umbrella with the large, pale pink bow. He had passed her when he was running after Moegi to give her back the purse that she had dropped. 'She had been following me...and she knew I was here.'

"It's her," Moegi looked over her shoulder to see the woman standing in a red, Chinese dress with a slit up the side, high heels with bows and a pink flower in her hair.

"Of course it's her. Who else would you be expecting?" Ruri was amused.

Abumi was dead silent. She had found him and now she was going to try and kill him again for sure.

"Hee hee..." The woman smiled brightly with bloodlust.

"Let me guess- you want my head," Abumi knew that she wouldn't leave him alone now. There was no doubt that Ruri would definitely be after them from now on and he considered her a threat. Who knows how long she'd been following them, or even if she'd been stalking them the ever since she had met them.

"Well, yes but I also want something else of importance! Cha!" The woman threw her umbrella at the two of them. Moegi jumped up and held her arm out to catch it. After all, it was just a simple umbrella. Abumi, however, took a closer glance at it to discover that it wasn't an umbrella. Beneath the top of it, was a thin line of metal that lined the rim. Abumi shot up off of the ground and jumped to catch it.

"No! Moegi, don't touch it!" The boy's his hand touched the handle. As soon as his skin made contact, bars shot down from around the edge of the rim. It looked like he was in his own jail cell. Seeing as he was in mid-jump, the boy couldn't stop himself with air alone and his face smashed into the bars as his form tumbled down with a thud. "It's a...trap..." His voice trailed as he spasmed in pain,

"Abumi!" The girl called out in dismay.

"He fell for my Umbrella Imprisonment Technique...and now..." The orange-haired woman smiled wickedly as the girl gasped. Ruri hooked her arm around Moegi's waist and leapt off through the trees with her, carrying her like a sack of potatoes. The girl shouted his name as it faded off the farther that she'd gotten away from him.

She couldn't believe that she'd just been kidnapped by the psycho woman who wanted to kill her friend.

Things just kept getting more and more confusing.

"Moegi-chan!" Abumi called out after her as he gripped the bars of his imprisonment.

"Say good-bye to your girlfriend, unless you actually dare to find me!" Ruri held the girl a few trees away and dared the ninja to come after her.

"I feel like a sack of potatoes..." Moegi had an unamused look on her face. Ruri was an assassin and a female at that. Couldn't she carry her at least a little better than this? Seriously, this was just embarrassing. The brown-haired girl let out a yelp as she was carried off through the treetops.

"Ugh!" Abumi frantically shook the bars in frustration. "I can't get out!" He then glanced off to see if there was any way that he could get out. Since the material seemed like cloth on top of the umbrella, there might be a weak point that he could get through. He crouched down and studied the top of the cell. "Maybe if I hit the top hard enough, I'll burst through it." He thought aloud.

Then, he jumped with all of his strength and his head bashed into the top of the umbrella and then slammed into the ground. He laid there for a while in pain. That was a massive headache that he didn't need.

"Ouch..." He whined. "Damn that hurt..." The injured boy sat up and rubbed his pulsing head. "Well, that didn't work too well." Then an idea hit him and suddenly his features became unamused. He was truly stupid for not realizing it earlier.

"Wait a minute...I'm a retard," Abumi preformed a hand sign and appeared on the other side of his imprisonment. "I could have done replacement." He sighed. "I'm so stupid!" The ex-ninja replied and kicked the bar in frustration, but only managed to hurt his foot as he hopped around helplessly.

XxXxXx

"Where are you taking me?" Moegi was being carried across the city as the crazy ninja hopped from rooftop to rooftop.

"Someplace..." Ruri replied.

"Great..."

"Like I'm going to tell you where I'm taking you so you can relay the message to Abumi. I'm not stupid." The orange-haired woman knew of her plan. She wasn't about to do anything that would risk her plans being damaged.

'I wish you were...You may be a psycho but you're a smart one...I'll give you that.' The girl gave the woman credit. After all, she wasn't the one who'd just tell her of her evil plans and watch her squirm. Ruri was thorough and she didn't want there to be any loopholes or leaks in her information.

She didn't know what to do but she hoped that wherever Abumi was, he was trying to find her. Who knows what a woman like Ruri was capable of doing.

Moegi was definitely not into torture.

XxXxXx

On the ground below, Abumi ran as fast as he could. It took him a while but he finally managed to catch up with them and followed Ruri as she jumped across the rooftops. 'I never thought I'd have to get back into the swing of being a ninja. I've got to find Moegi...Even if this is a plan to get me alone and have my head. I've got to save her. If I did have a past with Ruri, it isn't Moegi's fault and I shouldn't drag her into anything.'

He didn't want anything to happen to an innocent girl like Moegi. He didn't know what Ruri had in mind on taking her as a hostage but he didn't know what he'd do if anything happened to her. He couldn't forgive himself.

"Hold on Moegi...I'm on my way and from the looks of it, I've got some explaining to do. I can't keep my secret forever," he ran through the town. It was wrong of him to keep a secret this long from the girl, especially when she had been drug in as much as she was. Abumi then came to a group of trees and jumped up, perching on a thick, sturdy branch.

"I guess it's time to reveal everything...Time to tell her that what she thought was a normal boy...is really a ninja," he sighed to himself. It wouldn't be easy and he didn't want her to be angry. He just hoped that after he saved her, she would at least try to understand.

To Be Continued...