Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ❯ Episode 5: Nautical Mishaps ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

By: Melissa Norvell

Episode 5: Nautical Mishaps

XxXxXx

Abumi was awoken by a knock at his door. Groggy, the boy muttered that he was coming. The knock continued, grinding on his groggy mind, causing his irritation at the noise to rise as each pound felt like a pound on his brain. Abumi went as fast as his still-tired body could carry him as he tried to fight off the haze of sleep as best he could. When he finally got to the door, he opened to reveal the brown-haired girl, smiling happily at him.

"Oh…Hey, Moegi," the boy greeted her, his clothes disarrayed and sporting a bad case of bed hair.

"Hello, Abumi-kun!" The perky girl smiled.

"What do you want?" He inquired, wondering why she had come over so early.

"I was just wondering…If you really felt up to it, if you'd come to the harbor with me…You know, watching the sips roll in. I can understand if you don't want to though…" The girl asked shyly. After what had happened, she wanted to cheer him up, or at least try to, as well as spend some quality time with him.

"No, I'll go with you. I need to get my mind off of Ruri anyway. Give me a few minutes and I will," the black-haired boy let the girl inside and closed the door behind her. Perhaps a visit to the dock was just the thing he needed to clear his mind of the things that haunted him.

xXxXx

The two hung out at the harbor for hours, just enjoying the air and watching as the ships rolled in and departed from the harbor, as well as loaded and unloaded cargo. The air smelled crisp and salty and everyone seemed busy as they got their everyday tasks done. The two watched in great interest, as well as listened in to some of the stories that were floating around the harbor. The seamen always had something interesting to talk about and Moegi enjoyed hearing their stories.

After a while of simply walking around and observing the sights, the two teens decided to take a seat on top of a few large boxes that had been sat on the side of the loading dock and simply let the intoxicating scents of the sea fill their senses as the wind blew through their hair, causing it to sway in the wind.

"Isn't this relaxing?" Moegi closed her eyes and let the wind blow through her hair. "I love the harbor view! You can see all of the ships rolling in," she smiled. The school girl was in one of her favorite places with her favorite person. Nothing could be more perfect!

"…and best of all…no Ruri. We can just sit and relax," Abumi smiled a little himself. He was happy to be temporarily rid of the drama in his life. Now he could simply rest his weary body, at least for a few minutes.

"Mmm Hmm!" Moegi agreed before a strong, feminine voice cut in.

"Hey you!" The voice shouted, causing them to snap out of their utopic moment and cast their glances towards the direction of the voice.

Before them stood two pirates, the one who had uttered the phrase had long, lavender hair and bright, large blue eyes. Her bronze skin sported a tightly fitting purple and white corset and short, cut off jean shorts with two belts in an x-shape over her hips and knee length, high heeled brown, lace-up boots. On top of her head, she wore an orange handkerchief headband and in her ears, two large, golden hoop earrings.

The other pirate was a male, tall and lanky in appearance with spiky hair, dressed in black. He was very muscular and his black, baggy clothes and leg wrappings made him appear more like a ninja then an actual pirate, In his hands, he carried two long, sword-like weapons and his black, beady eyes seemed to stare a hole through the two teens.

"Don't sit on those boxes. They contain precious cargo," the female pirate ordered the two of them off of the boxes at once.

"Sorry!" Moegi apologized and immediately hopped off the box.

Abumi followed. "We were just resting. Don't mind us," the boy told the two pirates and turned to the school girl. "Come on, Moegi."

"Okay, bye!" The girl waved over her shoulder as the two left, bounding off happily with her secret crush.

"How annoying…" The male pirate sighed. If it wasn't one thing it was another, and those nosey kids didn't make his job any easier.

The lavender-haired pirate sighed. "Let's just get these boxes on board the ship before someone else sits on them," she told him as the two turned and walked towards the boxes, preparing to load them onto the ship.

XxXx

"I just hope that we don't run into that crazy woman again," Moegi walked along the wooden planks, exiting the docking area. "I mean, there is seriously something wrong with her! Anyway-" The girl continued to talk and ran smack into Abumi's back with a crash. "Oof…Hey, why did you stop, Abumi-kun, eh?" The girl blinked and glanced over his shoulder to see Ruri at a magazine stand, glancing through various magazines with a displeased look on her face.

"Don't. Say. Anything," the spiky-haired boy instructed. They were out in the open and if she dared to even utter anything out loud, they would both be spotted by the psycho orange-haired woman.

"It's her," Moegi said quietly as her eyes widened.

"Just quietly walk away," Abumi told her as the girl agreed and they began to turn around and head towards a more populated area of the market place. They hoped that they would blend into the crowd and avoid any contact with her whatsoever. Abumi and Moegi's heart raced as they made their slow escape and soon felt a little better to be surrounded by people. After all, there was a safety in numbers.

At the magazine stand, Ruri sighed in irritation. "None of this underwear is even sexy!" The woman griped at the lingerie photos in the magazine she held in her hands as she sifted through the pages. "Geez, how can you have a sexy underwear catalogue with no sexy underwear?" She shouted as the owner of the stand placed his hands on his hips and glared at her.

"What?" She spat and she looked over her should, offended at the way he was staring at her. People just couldn't seem to mind their own business!

"Are you going to buy that?" The man asked as the magazine was slammed down.

"Hell no! It's a rip-off!" Ruri immaturely stomped away and headed off into the crowd, mixing in with the general population.

"That was close," Abumi and the girl made their way through the bustling citizens. "I hope we don't run into her again." His words were spoken far too soon, as he turned to look back to Moegi and caught the back of that familiar dress. "Spoke too soon."

A wave of panic shot through his body as Moegi looked a little confused and turned to try and see what her friend was so afraid of. "What?" Before she could catch sight of her, she was pulled away by the wrist.

"Wah!" The school girl yelped as she was caught off guard.

The noise was so loud that it caught the woman's sensitive hearing. Ruri turned her head to try and see a glimpse of the two, but they were already gone. She looked a little confused, and then scratched her head. "Huh? That's weird…" She continued to glance around through the crowd. "I thought I heard something familiar…" The ninja thought for a few moments before she dismissed the subject with a wave. "Nah! Must be my imagination! Seriously, I need a better hobby. Obsession is such a bad thing."

As the two ran out of the crowd, they stopped and panted to themselves for a while before Moegi finally spoke.

"Everywhere we go, she seems to be there. It's like we can't get away from her," The brown-haired girl ran a hand through her shaggy, shoulder-length hair as she straightened her white sundress.

"No joke," Abumi agreed. "I think it's haunting us. Let's go to a place where it's not so crowded." The boy led the girl to an alley nearby the market place. It was dark and lined with the cold, gray surface of the many building that lined it, but at least it was private and hidden away. The two had hoped to escape her from that point. "Hey, let's go down here and hopefully there won't be any Ruri down here."

They could only hope and pray.

The two ran down the alley as far as they could. When they were so deep into the alley that they couldn't see the opening, they had felt a little safer. Abumi and Moegi looked back towards the direction they came with a sigh of relief to know that no one seemed to be following them.

"Now, we should be away from her, unless she's following us," the spiky-haired boy stated. He felt a little safe with his statement anyway but who knew how long it would last.

"I hope not. I really didn't like being her slave," the girl remembered that horrible experience and it was definitely something that she didn't care to remember or want to relive.

The two of them continued to walk until they could see the light shining from the end of the alleyway. Both of their forms were bathed in light as they exited the dark place. The male suggested that they should go into another direction and grabbed her wrist tightly again as he began to run, but as soon as he darted out, he ran right into Ruri.

"Well hello, I didn't know you were here," the woman smiled with a sadistic joy at accidentally running into her prey like this. It was more than a great opportunity.

"You liar!" Moegi shouted. "You were following us!" She didn't know why, but she just had that feeling. It was more than a coincidence, it was all planned somehow.

"No I wasn't," the orange-haired woman seemed quite honest in her reply.

"We saw you three times already!" The school girl knew that she was following them! It was more than just something that happened! It was like she was keeping an eye on them or something.

"Oh, so you were trying to avoid me?" Ruri asked, revealing their intentions.

"Yes! But how did you find us? We walked through the alley and you were on the other side," the brown-haired girl wondered.

"Um…" Ruri glanced down the dingy alleyway. "I was already there."

"So you followed us down the alley?" Abumi questioned.

"No, I turned the corner," Ruri jerked her finger towards the corner of the building that they had just shot out from behind. It turned out that she had turned around the building when they were running out of the alleyway and they ended up colliding. "So if you were trying to be sneaky, you failed miserably."

They had been trying to avoid her only to run into her in the end. It was just their luck.

"Well, so much for trying," Moegi said nervously as a bead of sweat ran down the back of her head. They were seriously screwed.

XxXxXx

"I'm going to check and see if we've lost any ship mates or if they are still on land. I'll be back in a few minutes," the lavender-haired pirate told the darker male pirate. "I'm leaving you in charge of everything until I get back."

"Right," the spiky-haired male agreed as the woman jumped overboard and landed below.

On another ship across from them, Ruri brought her hammer above her head with a malicious and playful grin on her face. "Ruri Smash!" The crazy woman called out as she hit the floor with her weapon, causing bits of wood to come flying up on impact as Abumi and Moegi barely got out of the way before they too, lost their footing from the impact and flew up a bit themselves.

"Not again!" Moegi clenched her fists to her face and wailed.

"This is getting old!" Abumi shouted angrily. He was more than tired of being nearly killed every time he turned around.

"You can't escape from me!" The mad woman called out.

'I wish I didn't give up being a ninja.' Abumi thought. Maybe all of this would go away if he had only remained a ninja. Then he would have still been alive, still have been with Ruri and never met Moegi to get her into this much trouble. It was a guilt that was hard to bear.

"If I can't smash you…" Ruri hopped onto a canon on another ship. "Then I'll blast you!" She shouted and pointed a finger at them dramatically as the boom from the canon signaled its fire.

"What? She's trying to kill us!" Moegi watched in horror as the canon ball headed straight for them.

"What the hell? She's crazy!" Abumi threw Moegi down and the canon ball sailed over the two of them. They were safe for the time being.

Moegi looked up at the boy, blushing a faint red as she noticed that he was lying on top of her. She placed her hands on his chest and stared at him with large, innocent eyes as she said his name faintly. He turned his black gaze from her to the other woman.

"What's your problem?! You're pissing me off!" Abumi was more than tired of all of this and simply wished that it would end somehow.

Ruri stuck her tongue out and flipped him off. "Well, you are of course."

"Look, you-" The spiky-haired school boy started but he was cut off by a second fire from the canon that caused him to curse and try to run out of the way but his attempt was a failed one as the ball hit closer to the both of them, causing them to fly up and land on his side.

"Abumi-kun! Are you okay?" Moegi asked from her position on the floor on her back. The boy didn't move, he simply laid there. This caused the brown-haired girl's features to become more worried. "Abumi…kun…"

No reply.

"Heh heh…" Ruri smirked. Had she finally pulled it off? Was her mission truly over? Did she manage to kill him?

She soon found the answer to her questions as the boy slowly arose and shakily stood to his feet, doing all he could to keep himself pulled together.

"Huh?" The woman blinked, and looked a little irritated at her failed efforts.

"You won't get me down," Abumi heard the canon fire again. What came hurling towards him was very shocking.

It was a corpse.

The boy grew wide-eyed and dodged to the best of his ability as he narrowly missed being hit by it.

"Gross!" Moegi called out in horror as the body sailed past her. Ruri truly was demented for using dead bodies as her source of ammunition.

"Gross, but effective," Ruri fired the canon a second time, hurling another dead body at the two teens.

'Where are all of these dead bodies coming from anyway?' Abumi dodged another one that came flying his way.

On the ship across from them, a fierce battle had broken out between two warring groups of pirates. Dead bodies lay all around the lone, darkly-dressed pirate. He and another blonde pirate were engaged in a brutal sword battle to the death. All around them was a sea of dead men, in which Ruri had borrowed bodies and used them for ammunition for her canon.

"There's no way I'm letting you take over this ship!" The spiky-haired pirate demanded as he glared down the blonde.

"You and a few others are they only ones left. You can't possibly defeat me," the blonde pirate told him arrogantly. He clearly had the upper hand in the battle and there was no way that he'd let the spiky-haired pirate win.

"Well Wagari, you're the only one left on your side," the spiky-haired pirate educated him on a very true fact. "I decimated your entire crew."

"I'll become captain of this ship, Zatani, then Ikkouku will regret the day that she ever betrayed me! Yah!" Wagari brought down his sword upon Zatani, ready to end the enemy's life at any moment.

XxXxXx

Abumi ran towards the canon as Ruri kept trying to fire an enormous amount of bodies at him, but he managed to dodge each one skillfully, since the bodies didn't fly as quickly as the cannon balls, nor were they as harmful to be hit by.

He then jumped onto the barrel of the canon and ran up it before Ruri had any time to react, she was punched in the face and flew backwards from the force, landing into a pile of dead bodies behind her canon that she had stored up for ammunition.

"Ugh…" The orange-haired woman sat up and rubber her cheek. "Ow! You little punk, that hurt!" She grumbled before she looked around herself and became uneasy and disturbed. "Eh? What am I in? Uh…These bodies are dead…"

"You just now noticed? You were chunking them at me!" Abumi growled.

"I noticed that there are a lot more…" The woman looked behind her. "Especially on this ship."

"What is this place anyway?" Moegi walked over and hopped on to the next ship, glancing around at the huge massacre that had taken place there.

"Maybe it belongs to those pirates we met earlier," Abumi suggested. It did look familiar not that he thought about it.

'Hey you! Don't sit on those boxes! They contain precious cargo!' He remembered the female pirate and her dark-looking friend around this ship when they were told that very same phrase.

"Yeah, maybe the boxes we were sitting on were going to be loaded on to these ships," Moegi looked around for any sign of those said boxes. The very boxes themselves would tell them whether or not they were on the right ship, or if they had been mistaken.

"Die!" They heard a young and pompous voice sound as they all turned their heads in the direction that they thought they heard the sound coming from.

"Eh?" Ruri didn't know that anyone else was on the ship aside from them.

"Who was that?" Moegi asked.

"Probably whoever is on this ship and if they are those pirates, they'll probably think we're stealing their cargo and kill us," Abumi informed.

"Let's hide!" Ruri suggested as they saw the two pirates engaged in their fierce battle. Suddenly, the two men were running towards them. This caused a panic to resonate throughout the group.

"Here they come! Hurry!" Abumi shouted as they decided to dart into an old, empty wooden box. It looked as if there would be enough room but they were very cramped when they all tried to fit inside. Abumi was in one corner with a leg in the opposite corner and the other in between Moegi's legs. The brown-haired girl had one leg tucked beneath her and the other straight out and her arms were to either side. Ruri was bent over with her butt in Moegi's face and her boobs in Abumi's.

"Hey, move your butt," Moegi told her, not liking the view that she was getting and she hoped that the woman didn't have to pass gas any time in the future.

"I can't. I can't move," the orange-haired woman responded, and the matter of the fact was true. There was no way to alter her current position inside of the crate.

"Please don't move," Abumi stared down the woman's C-Cup breasts in horror.

"And your foot's between my legs," Moegi blushed in embarrassment.

"Here let me move it," the spiky-haired boy tried to move his leg, but he only managed to lift the girl's dress up and made his knee go higher between Ruri's legs.

"Ah!" Moegi screamed as she saw her rainbow underwear being revealed. "Put it back! Put it back!"

"That feels nice…Mmmm…" Ruri said playfully as the boy freaked out, putting his leg back down in a hurry with a blush brimming his cheeks.

"Sorry."

"Hey, shut up, I hear something," the look on the crazy woman's face turned serious as she tried to listen to the sound that slowly became louder and louder. Then they heard a huge explosion as their hiding spot was blown up and they all went flying in different directions, screaming in both shock and terror as they were hurled away from the box and out into the open.

The swords flew from Zatani's hands as he flew backwards. Wagari was soon on him and kicked him in the stomach with all of his might. The black-clad man fell to the ground with his arms around his stomach as the long-haired blonde smirked in triumph.

"And now you die!" He stabbed the sword down and tried to get Zatani in the face but the man dodged, only to have the curse of the sword activated. The blonde opposed then smirked sadistically as the green jewel in the middle of the hilt of his sword began to glow. "Curse of the Dead Fish!"

To Be Continued…