Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ❯ Episode 4: Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

By: Melissa Norvell

Episode 4: Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

XxXxXx

Abumi ran towards Moegi as quickly as he could.

"Oh no you don't!" Ruri took off towards the boy. "You'll have to fight me for her," the crazed woman would not give up without a fight and she sure as hell didn't want to see some 'knight on a white horse' act between the boy and his supposed lover.

"Fine," if that's how she wanted to be, then he had no choice in the matter. He would clash with the Chinese-clad woman once again, for Moegi's sake. When Abumi finally reached her, his form nearly turned transparent and rushed through her.

"Eh?" Ruri slowly turned. "Hey, he's-" She tried to say but she was cut off by two protruding fingers, poking her in both eyes. She had fallen for it. The woman had fallen for a cheap, childish trick.

The only thing was, Abumi wasn't trying to poke her in the eyes, he was trying to perform an attack and she happened to turn her head at the wrong time. He wanted to blast her with Ninjutsu, but he had failed miserably. The black-haired boy felt a single bead of sweat roll down the back of his head as the woman writhed around in front of him, holding her eyes and screaming in pain.

"My eyes!!!" Ruri thrashed around.

"…eh?" Abumi had expected a better outcome of the battle than that. How embarrassing!

Moegi rushed up to him and hugged him tightly. "Oh Abumi-kun!! I'm so happy that you're here and-" The girl cut herself off and screamed as her arm was grabbed by the boy and the two took off running. It was better to get as far away as he could with the girl before Ruri decided that her eyes didn't hurt anymore.

Aside from that, when the woman opened her eyes, they would be gone and she would have no idea where they went.

"Oh no you don't!" The orange-haired woman's form abruptly appeared in front of the two teens and both of them found it as they ran smack-dab into her and fell to the ground. The two sat on the ground for a few moments, until they realized who it was. The two teens looked up to see Ruri holding her infamous hammer above them, ready to strike them down.

"I've got you now! Ruri Smash!" The crazed woman brought the weapon down. Looking up at it helplessly, Moegi let out an ear-piercing scream. Abumi glanced around at his surroundings and spied a busted sack of flour. Thinking quickly, he grabbed a handful and threw it into the woman's eyes.

"Warg!" Ruri was surrounded by the white substance. "Hey!" She stumbled around in the white cloud. "Get back here! I'm gonna kill you when I find out where you are! Hiyah!" She smashed her hammer on the ground and accidentally busted another sack of flower, dispersing it everywhere. This caused her to cough uncontrollably.

Moegi and Abumi ran as fast as they could. The farther away they got from the woman, the better. Ruri seemed to possess an uncanny ability for stalking, so Abumi wanted to make sure that they got so far away that she couldn't be able to find him.

Moegi looked to their hands. Abumi was holding her hand tightly, as if he didn't want to let her go. If the situation wasn't so frightening, she would find that gesture very romantic.

"We've got to find a way out of here," the black-haired boy ran around the building. Finally spotting a door, the two stopped before it and Abumi smiled in victory. "Well, what do you know? An ace in the hole."

The two exited the building as a man dismounted a hover scooter outside. He turned around to see Moegi and Abumi come out of the building. Before the man could turn back around to pull the key on, the two teens hopped onto the hover scooter and took off as the now angry man tried to chase them down.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" These kids had some gall to steal his hover scooter right in front of him! What ruffians!

"Get over it," Abumi didn't have time for that guy. He could buy another hover scooter, but Abumi couldn't buy another life. The boy revved up the scooter and nearly ran over the man as he made his escape.

Ruri finally managed to make her way out of the building, coughing and stumbling as she smashed down the doors with her large weapon. When the flour disappeared, the glanced around in search for Moegi, Abumi or any hints of where they might have gone.

"Now, where did they go?" The woman caught a glimpse of their fading tail light and a look of contemplation lit up her face. "Aha! Now I need to catch up with them." Glancing around, the woman spied a man and woman in a long dress, who were around a hover scooter. The woman had just dismounted the device and Ruri had a clearing. Jumping and flying through the air, the woman delivered a harsh, flying kick to the side of the man's face, knocking him off of the scooter, and sending his form toppling onto the ground. She hopped onto the bike and looked to the man on the ground.

"Sorry, but I need this," Ruri replied in her most serious tone as she took off on the bike. The girl's skirt had been unknowingly caught on the scooter, so when it took off, it ripped the girl's skirt off, leaving the shocked, embarrassed and frightened girl exposed on the street.

The girl screamed as she stood there in her underwear and the man lay on the ground, staring at her with Ruri's shoe mark across his face.

"What are you looking at?" The girl fumed.

"That," the man pointed to her exposed underwear.

"Perv!" She bent down and smacked him and walked off, trying to cover herself as best as she could. The girl was going to hurry up and get home, before any other perverts decided that they wanted to try something.

XxXxXx

"We're going to get in so much trouble if we get caught!" Moegi shouted. Not only were they being hunted but they stole someone hovercraft and they were speeding through town. She hated to think of the consequences, or better yet, how she was going to explain this one to her parents or the cops!

"Well, then just hope that we don't get caught!" Abumi made sure that the girl heard him over the air and motor noise.

"I never knew you were a ninja!" The girl brought up the subject. "You lied to me! Why didn't you tell me sooner!?"

"Because!" Abumi looked down. "I just wanted to live a normal life."

That task was now impossible because of the fact that people seemed to be learning of the very thing that he had tried to keep secret this entire time. Why was the past haunting him and trying to reactivate itself again?

"Abumi-kun…" The girl's voice softened. She felt bad for pressuring him and getting him into such a situation. She only wished that she could somehow comfort him.

Then, a sharp pain spread to her head as she felt herself be pelted with something. Looking behind her, the brown-eyed girl saw a shoe fall and placed a hand to the effected part of her head. "Ouch!"

She couldn't believe that she had just been hit with a shoe.

"I found yooouuu!" Ruri was close behind as her sing-song voice pierced the air and made its way to their eardrums. She must have been the one who threw the shoe at them. The evidence that incriminated her was the fact that she still held the shoe's mate, threatening to throw it at them if they didn't stop.

"Crap!" Abumi glanced behind him.

Ruri gained speed so much that she nearly ran over the two of them. Her scooter hit theirs, causing it to spin around quickly. Both of them screamed as the scooter whirled out of control. Moegi tried desperately to hang on to Abumi with all of her might.

"What's she doing?" The girl asked.

"She's trying to run us over. Let's get out of here," Abumi replied as the scooter slowed in its spin, enabling them to pull out of it and speed off once more.

Ruri quickly whipped her scooter around and sped up. "Here I come!" The mad woman called out as she quickly gained speed to match theirs.

"What do we do?" Moegi asked.

"If you won't join me, you'll die!" Ruri shouted from behind them with a crazed smile on her face.

"Not just yet." Abumi replied as the two of them blasted through a melon stand nearby. The unsuspecting people barely managed to get out of the way as both hover vehicles shot through the stand, busting it into many pieces and scattering food everywhere. Moegi screamed as several melons flew past her head.

Abumi was almost through the chaos when his vision was blinded by a melon busting over his face. The scooter swerved as the now melon-headed boy blindly drove. "Get this thing off of my face!" His muffled shouted came from underneath the melon.

"Abumi watch out!" Moegi shouted as they headed for a vegetable stand.

"I can't see!" The boy's muffled voice shouted from inside the melon.

"Look at that! You crazy driver!" Ruri shouted, and then chuckled to herself. Truly they looked like idiots driving like that. Like hell she was going through any vegetables.

The black-haired boy finally managed to get the offending melon off of his head and told Ruri to shut up. Ruri dodged one of the bouncing melons and caught it in her hands, chunking it at the two. Moegi screamed and ducked, earning the driver another hit to the head.

"Ouch!" Abumi shouted in pain.

"Sorry!" The girl apologized as she was hit in the arm with a potato. She managed to catch it and chunk it back at Ruri who was hit in the face with the vegetable.

"Argh!" The orange-haired woman shouted. "You little-" She began to insult but she only got to mid-sentence before she was hit again with a squash. "That's it!" Ruri began to grab every vegetable and fruit in sight as she chunked them at the two teens.

"Stop! You're making it worse!" Abumi was being pelted with several vegetables and fruit. It was really hard to drive when you were being hit relentlessly with food.

"Sorry! I'm fighting back!" Moegi caught food and threw it back at the woman. She wasn't going to sit back and do nothing. It was time for a food fight!

"If I get turned into fruit salad, it won't matter will it?" Abumi asked.

"Nothing like getting knocked out with a watermelon, eh?" Moegi smiled devilishly at him.

"Did someone say watermelon?" Ruri held up a big watermelon over her head.

"What? No!" The girl freaked out at the sight. "We didn't say watermelon! We said grapes! Yes! Grapes!" Moegi laughed nervously as she prayed that she wouldn't be hit with the large fruit. She soon got her wish as she was pelted with grapes.

"You're not helping!" Abumi shouted back to the girl.

"Sorry!" Moegi apologized before something hit her and exploded, covering the girl in a pink, spongy substance. "Ewww…" She whined as she found herself covered in watermelon.

"Was that watermelon?" The black-haired ninja asked.

"She threw it anyway…" The girl whined.

"I'm tired of this," Abumi's eyes narrowed as their hover scooter flew through the open door of a store. They entered inside and flew down the aisles as people ducked for cover and hid from them. The store was in chaos and all of the shoppers tried to get out desperately.

Ruri followed suit as people dove behind shelves to avoid being hit by her reckless driving. "I'll run over you! Move it!" The woman shouted as she made her way through, right on Abumi's tail.

"Can't catch me!" The confident Moegi stuck out her tongue, only to be paid back by being abruptly stopped as she flew from the scooter. It was a quick jar, as if they had hit something or someone. Abumi had flown off as well and the two of them landed in a crumpled heap behind a counter.

"What happened?" Moegi rubbed her head.

"It hit the checkout counter," Abumi grumbled in pain.

"And you're about to check out, that's for sure," Ruri jumped from her bike and brought her hammer down. "Ruri Smash!"

Abumi and Moegi screamed as they glanced around and saw nothing but each other and walls. They were in a corner and the woman was closing in fast. Soon they would be splattered on the floor if they didn't think of something and fast!

The brown-haired girl clung to her secret love in fright. "Abumi-kun, I'm scared…What are we going to do now?"

"I don't know. We're trapped…"

"Who knows what she might do…I'm scared. She's so unpredictable…and crazy."

"You've got that right and now that I've got you caught…I'm going to ask you one-more-time-" The woman landed dangerously close to the black-haired boy's face, holding her weapon above her head. Ruri wanted to get the point across and show the two that the threat was still very much there. "Are you going to join me or not?"

"Look, if you want to kill me, go ahead but I'm not going to even think about working with you," Abumi replied stubbornly. There was no way that he would ever join back up with the likes of her, even if they were together in the past.

The past was one thing that he didn't want to relive any more then he had to.

"Alright, fine then. Hayabusa Abumi must die."

"I don't understand all of this…I really wish things didn't have to be this way and what's with this whole ninja stuff? Besides the fact that he's strong and worth something to you, why else do you want him?" Moegi was still clinging to the boy, refusing to let him go.

"He knows too much. If any remaining ninja are killed then information can be extracted. The phrase "dead men tell no tales" isn't particularly true," Ruri stated. "When a ninja dies, every piece of information down to the last detail can be stolen and used against other members of their team. So you see, Abumi must die in order for things to remain on the up and up. Either that, or join us."

"But he saved your life! You'd figure you owed him, not the other way around!" Moegi protested.

"He may have saved my life in the events I told you of, but I saved his life to begin with," Ruri informed the girl of that fateful day as the past began to resurface deep within the confines of her mind.

"What?" The school girl's face lit up in shock at this new information.

"It all started in the rain…" Ruri began to explain as vivid imagery filled her senses, taking her back to a sad time in her both she and Abumi's past.

The rain poured down hard as Ruri walked down an alleyway, holding her orange umbrella over her head. The woman could hear the beating of the rain against the thin fabric of the umbrella. As she turned the corner, she was something laying off to the left of the path of the alley. She didn't think anything of it at first but as the form became clearer, she noticed that it was a boy.

He looked beaten up and had blood pouring from his body. It flowed onto the ground where it mixed with the rain in pink streams.

'That enemy ninja was tough.' A beaten Abumi thought to himself as he struggled to keep his eyes opened. 'I barely got out alive and I don't have enough energy to move. I'm bleeding internally and externally. I might as well get it over with and die.'

The injured boy pulled out a kunai knife and positioned the blade over his head. With one strike everything would be over, and he would not have to worry about being in pain anymore. Abumi raised his hand and then plunged the weapon down but it was knocked out of his hand before it could make contact with his head.

A shuriken had knocked it out of his hand. He glanced over in the direction that the weapon came from and saw the orange-haired, Cheongsam-clad woman before him.

"Oh please…So you're going to kill yourself because you're already half-way there?" Ruri lectured. "Give me a break! What kind of ninja gives up before the battle is really over?" What a pathetic little boy he was! She couldn't believe that he was even a ninja for acting so carelessly and dishonorably.

"I'm dying, why not kill myself and get it over with?" To him, there was truly no point in living any longer.

"Because I see potential."

"I have no potential…That's why my team mates are dead and so is my girlfriend…" The boy berated himself.

"Oh get over yourself! Besides, love based suicide is overrated. Get up and stop feeling sorry for yourself! You're still alive so suck it up and carry on," Ruri was irritated that a ninja would dare to act like that.

Abumi glared at the woman spoke. "You don't understand, nor do you know anything about me."

"Well…I'm saving your life whether you like it or not," Ruri drug the boy off of the streets and sent him straight into the medic ninja's unit to be treated. She came to his bedside a little later and asked how he was. The medic ninja alerted her that he had massive internal injuries and he was bleeding. His arms were also broken but his legs seemed fine and he had three broken ribs. She was very surprised that he was even alive. Ruri looked a little irritated, though in reality, she was very worried for the boy.

"Hey you! Don't you die on me! I saved your life for a reason, damn it!" Ruri shouted at the injured boy's form. "You can be a good ninja…even if you don't believe it yourself. Don't listen to what they say! They're wrong! They're wrong…" The last words were lowered and her true sorrow shown as the woman frowned deeply and her bangs covered her eyes, hiding her sadness from the world.

"I waited for him to get better. It took a long time, but he finally recovered and he began to get confidence in himself. He didn't commit suicide and he became my partner. We were an unstoppable team. We conquered everything in our path. You see…He owes me that promise." Ruri explained in a serious tone. "Just like I owed him, but it does both ways and-" Her sentence was cut off by the sounds of approaching sirens. "Eh?" Ruri looked over to one of the large, open windows to see that the cops were quickly approaching them.

'What?' Abumi thought to himself in silence as a flash of himself lying in that alleyway ran through his head. 'These memories…' Another image of Ruri standing in the rain with her umbrella shot through his head. 'What are they?' Abumi then remembered how his blood mixed with the water on that rainy day. 'I-I remember them all so well…She…She really is…telling the truth…She-she's not completely crazy…'

Ruri hopped back on her scooter. "Damn authorities always have to ruin my plans!" The woman cursed, and then looked over to the two. "Don't forget! I'm still after you." Ruri warned as she took off like a mad man out of the store and waved to the two.

"Sayonara!"

"Abumi-kun…" Moegi glanced to the boy with a worried expression.

Abumi was silent as he thought to himself about all of the memories that had poured back into his mind. This complicated things on an entirely different level.

XxXxXx

"I'll get you soon enough, Hayabusa Abumi, and next time…I will kill you," Ruri swore to herself as she blasted down the roads of the market square. "No one gets away with not fulfilling their promise," she smiled devilishly. "Well, not alive anyway…"

To Be Continued…