Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ House of Lushes ❯ Vol. Two/ Chap. Eleven: Artemis' Rock Beats ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Artemis' Rock Beats
*Iku*
Sis and I looked unimpressed.
“We were asked to help,” I said as such. The dummy blinked at us.
“Oh,” he said. Megu stepped forward.
“What do you need us to do?” she asked. Shoji nodded silently.
“Right…” he said. “Just help me take those boxes out.”
“That all?” I asked.
“Yeah,” he said. I didn't change my face expression.
“Fine whatever,” I mumbled. I don't get this guy. He's kind of dorky. What the hell does Kasumi see in him anyway? And he runs the B&B too? Why? What was she thinking?
Kasumi has always been weird. I've heard she used to be attention-starved. Doesn't surprise me. I think she still is. I have a vague idea why.
There are nineteen girls in our family. Yes, I said it right. I have eighteen sisters. I have no idea what my parents were thinking. One kid is good. Two, fine. Three, kind of close. More than four, seek help. Now!
Nineteen girls is insane. No, it's hell! No wonder mom and dad are dead. Now, Yuma has to hold everyone together. Simple, right? That's where Shoji screws up everything.
Kasumi used to be weird before. But then, she became worse three years ago. That's when that stupid boyfriend came along. All of a sudden, it's turned into, “Oh Shoji-kun!” So annoying! He's not even that great! Our manager just looks nerdy. I don't know what it is about him. Maybe it's his goofy gray glasses. Maybe it's because he is annoyingly tall! Maybe it's because of that stupid donkey laugh of his. Or maybe it's just his dumb face I can't stand!
Grrr!
I forced myself to calm down. Guys and I don't mix. That's why Megu and I get along well. She and I love to bitch about boys for the hell of it. Great times. But lately, all she wants to talk about is stupid old Shoji. She goes on and on about how dreamy he is. She even told me yesterday that she wanted to marry him. I gagged at Megu's sick declaration. Not her too!
I stuck my tongue out at our manager's back. Shoji screws up everything! He's got to go!
“Where do you want these boxes?” I asked.
“The dumpling booth,” he said. “Follow me.” Shoji went out of the supply room. I stuck my tongue out at his back again. Like I have a choice, I thought. Megu followed behind as if she floated on clouds. I gagged at her glittery puppy eyes at him.
Die leech!, I thought towards him. I followed after them. Shoji-san has to go!
Lick