Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Like the Water ❯ I Like the Water ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The water rushed into my lungs... `Save me', I shouted in my head as even my thoughts began to grow tired and slow.
 
`Save me...', I heard in my thoughs as I drifted through the cold water. Im getting sleepy... Just let me sleep...
 
The cold air around me was painful, it felt thinner then the deep water I was in a second ago. None of this was making any sence. Air? I was just drowning. Am I dead.
 
I couldnt bear to open an eye, they were burning with the bright light shining through my eyes. But my ears, and my nose, were working, I could hear someone shouting, I could hear everything around me, like seeing with my ears.
 
“Turn him on his side, his side!”, someone shouted. I rolled over to my side.
 
Immediatly I felt it, the wter rushed out of me, and I gagged, fighting againts the outward flow of vomit in my mouth to breath, like I was being born and needed to take in air.
 
My muscles convulsed, I cringed in on myself, I rolled over, onto my back, before puking again. My mind was going hazzy again, I need air. I was rolled onto my side again, I coughed up the vomit again, but this tim eit was gone. All of it.
 
My eyes opened, I saw a figure standing over me, silouetted by the sun. Am I dead? No, I wouldnt have puked.
 
“Give `im some air everybody, move back.”, he said before bending over me. “You OK?”, I coughed.
 
My brain started to stop. I was so, very sleepy. Just let me sleep.
 
So he did. And I woke up, two days later, in my nice soft bed.
 
There was a boy next to me. Do I know him? Do I know this kid? “Who are you?”, I asked, my voice was horse, I guess I hadnt used it in a few days. He raised an eyebrow. “Who are you?”, I asked again, this time my voice alittle clearer.
 
“Im Tim, we're on the swim team together, it was my shift to make sure you wernt biting yourself again.”, he said. Biting myself? “What do you mean?”, my voice was hurting, and so was my stomach, I was hungry, and thirsty.
 
“You started to bite your hand while you were asleep, we on the swim team have been taking turns to make sure you didnt do it again.”, he said. Biting myself. Sleep... wait, what? My brain was off. I closed my eyes. And I fell asleep in the water. I wasnt IN the water, I could feel it. All around me. Like Im drowning.
 
“Would you like to get up?”, he asked me. No. “Yes.”, I said, before limply moving my sleepy legs.
 
We walked, we talked. We got ice-cream cause Tim was afriad of my blood sugar getting low, and we went to the pool, in the school.
 
I looked at the gleaming water, I looked into it. I just wanted to jump in, and sleep. Drowning was nice. If I had died, it wouldnt have been so bad. Better then choking on my own vomit. But now I have a new friend. Tim. I think I like this kid. Hes nice, concerned, genually interested in the things I say.
 
He kissed me on the cheek, I blushed. He WAS nice. And he liked me back. Mabye, in a while, I could learn to even love him. I dont know.