Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Wish You Were Here ❯ How We Met ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I Wish You Were Here
*Noizchild*
I remember Julia Myer too well. She was wilder than most of my staff. She was the one who brought us together. Julia was the main force behind our guild. Without her, we would be wandering around work blindly.
But, Julia had problems herself. She seemed normal at first. (If you can call her normal.) The bigger we got, the more she broke down. Julia began closing herself inside her box. That only made the problem even worse. We didn't even notice a thing until it was almost too late. The results were cold.
Julia ended locked away and looking disheveled. She had silver moments. But then, Julia faded away into shadow until she died.
 
How We Met:
2069
Tokyo-Zion Academy was still coming together then. The head distract said that we must form guilds to help promote out academies for more people. It was sign-up day for that and I was there. I was dressed in my usual Asian wear. My dress was long red and Chinese-style. My black hair was back into a spiral ponytail with spiral bangs.
I walked around our gym for a while. So far, not much interested me. The ones that I wanted were already filled up. I was about to give up hope when I saw someone wave out to me.
I turned and saw her. She had long dark hair to her shoulders. She was waving her skinny arm around in the air at me. (Or at least I thought at me.) I looked around a bit, then turned back to her. I pointed to myself at first. The woman nodded in joy. Then, I walked over to her out of curiosity.
She kept smiling at me when I made it to her. I stared at her oddly. “Yes?” I asked her. The woman kept smiling at me. “Good!” she exclaimed. “You're here!” I raised an eyebrow at her. “You were expecting me?” I asked. The woman smiled as she nodded. “You and someone else?” “Who?” I asked. She looked around behind me. “You'll see in a minute.” she replied. “In the mean time, just sit and wait.” I shrugged and sat down in the chair next to the booth.
The sea of people grew with the time. The woman kept looking around. I was becoming bored. Then I looked up to see my new guild leader waving someone down. I looked out and saw Janis looking back at us. I felt a small disappointment. You see, I don't hate Janis. It's just that Janis and I have and never will see eye to eye. We are complete polar opposites. I am on the high left and she is a strong conservative. Now, assuming that my guild leader is really wild to the core, why would she want Janis here?
The conservative made her way over to us. Janis looked dead at me. I stared back at her. “Hello Noiz,” she said flatly. I waved at her softly. “Hi Janis.” I said. The woman stepped in front of us. “Oh goodie!” she called out. “You two know each other already! Great! Saves me some time!” Janis and I looked at her as if she was crazy. We both had the same question for her in our minds.
“Who the hell are you?” Janis asked aloud. The woman kept smiling at us. “My name is Julia,” she replied. “I have called you both here because you are different from each other.” Janis and I stared at her like she's crazy. “Eh?” I asked. “What?” the conservative questioned. Julia kept smiling. “I decided to try out my theory,” she suggested. “I thought to myself, what would happen if I got a left-winger and a right-winger together on the same guild? But who would be willing to participate in my experiment? So, I did some research and came across you both. And now, you are here.”
Janis and I kept staring dead at Julia. “Huh?” Janis asked. “Why?” I asked her. Julia just smiled and shrugged. “Don't know,” she said. “Just to see what would happen.” “How can you be sure it will work?” I asked. Julia shrugged again. “Dunno,” she replied. “Just have to see.” Okay, now this woman was insane.
Julia could see the doubt in our faces. “Look,” she said. “Anything you want to make you join my guild, I'll get it for you now! Just name it!” Janis and I thought on that offer for a minute. Then I said, “Get my boyfriend to join us!” Janis rolled her eyes at me. “What?” I asked as I turned to her. Janis said nothing; she just looked away. I turned back to Julia. “Can you do that?” I asked. My new guild leader grinned at me. “As you wish!” she said. Then, the guild leader turned and left. Janis and I watched closely.
A few minutes later, Julia came back with Naoko. I was amazed and suspicious. “Okay,” I spoke up. “How did you do it?” Julia kept smiling. “Oh,” she said. “I have ways.” I raised an eyebrow at her. “What ways?” I asked sharply. The guild leader kept smiling. “Talking them down and paying them.” she answered. “Paying them?” I asked. “How much?” “20,000 yen.” Julia answered boldly. I was shocked into complete silence. 20,000 yen? 20,000 yen? Julia just smiled at me. “So,” she began. “Is it a yes?” I still couldn't speak. I just nodded. My new guild leader smiled at me. “Excellent choice.” she said to me.
Julia turned to Janis. “And what would you like?” she asked the conservative. Janis thought hard about that question. We all stared hard at her. Finally, she rose her head and said, “Get us the best sponsor.” We all stared at her in shock. Julia smiled right at her. “Coming right up!” she called. Then she headed straight to the front. Janis, Naoko, and I kept watching.
A few minutes later, Julia returned with a folder in her hands. Janis kept eyeing her. “And what is that?” she asked. “The sponsor.” our new guild leader said. “And who is sponsoring us?” Janis asked sharply. “Tiger Blue!” Julia said aloud. Then, it was as if the whole room came to a complete stand still. Tiger Blue was the highest sponsor in all of Tokyo. Anyone who signed up to them became pure platinum.
Janis stepped forward skeptically. “Let me see that!” she barked. Julia smiled as she handed the folder forward. The conservative snapped it and opened it. We all watched as Janis read quietly. When she was done, the conservative looked up with her mouth wide open. It was the real deal.
Julia just smiled at her. “Are you coming on with us?” she asked. Janis couldn't speak either. All she could do was nod. The guild leader smiled. “Good!” she said aloud.
By the end of the day, our guild consisted of Julia Myer, Janis Evans, Naoko Benson, Graham Blake, John Steele, Eric Milligan, Terry Smith, Terry Paige, Michael Hill, and myself. Our guild became known as Son-Kyu.
 
Next Chapter