Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Wish You Were Here ❯ Humble Beginnings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Humble Beginnings:
Julia was sort of weird from the beginning. She was a bright child. Julia was born in West Liverpool. The woman was born to a working class single mother. Her mother worked hard to make ends meet. But, Julia didn't mind. She had big plans and dreams for such a young age. She wanted to be a star. The girl had the tools to do it.
From the tender age of five, Julia had a huge love for the arts. Her mother introduced her to art by taking her to a local art festival. The music, colors, and life drew Julia into a free liberal world. She fell in love with are right away. The girl realized her path right there. She had to be a writer to get out of Liverpool.
Lucky for her, Julia had massive talent and a wild imagination. She learned how to use both pretty quickly. Her mother saw her talents and entered her into many competitions. Julia always won first place.
 
Mr. Rex (Julia's 6th Grade History Teacher): Julia was always the bright child in the class. She was always the one to ask the questions. She just wasn't afraid to get to the bottom of anything.
 
Mrs. Amos (Julia's High school Art Teacher): She was a brave child. Julia was never afraid to try anything. She always tried to stand out. She would always wear bright colors and loud clanking jewelry to class.
 
Paul Cruise (Julia's Former Boyfriend): She called herself “Julia the Beat.” Everyone loved her. I loved her. Julia had a unique style to her. She always wore black and pink neko sneakers, mismatched socks, tight dark blue jeans, brightly colored print halter tops, and her hair was held back in a high ponytail with bright bows. One could say that she was destined for great thing in life.
 
So great that life in West Liverpool became boring. And pretty soon, it was time to go. But where? Japan anyone?
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
 
Have a Cigar:
In 1999, Julia made it to Japan. This was where she wanted to be all along. Lately, Japan was one of the top places for young rising stars to come along. Like the others, Julia arrived there. She bought a small apartment near the beach in Tokyo. This was also her studio. Julia rarely left her apartment except to eat or to go to the beach.
Julia started out doing solo work. And that was good. She sent her all of her work to many guilds for publishing.
 
Oko-san: The first time I received a short story from Ms. Myer I didn't know what to think. She didn't fit the norms, but yet I couldn't help but to be drawn to her work.
 
It wasn't long before Julia got her first story, King Monkey Baby, was published in the magazine, Sun King. Her first hit made her enough to expand her apartment/studio. Julia's short stories helped her get into Tokyo's mainstream of art. Pretty soon, she was a rising star.
However, work alone doesn't get one too far. In Japan, one needs connections. That was a slight problem for Julia. She lost connections as fast as she made them. She just couldn't stay in one place for long. Her restless energy was part of her personality and problem. In a span of three months, Julia had fifteen guilds to her name.
 
Noizchild: Julia seemed to be looking for her click. She was like me in a sense. We both liked many different things. Her mood changed more times than the weather. So much energy couldn't be held in one place for so long. As clichéd as it sounds, Julia was just a rolling stone. She just couldn't stop.
 
Despite her endless drifting, Julia managed to make it through. Through her shuffle, she reconnected with some of her old guild members and they helped her to the top. Pretty soon, the big names found her name pretty attractive. Many offers were open to her even more now. But who to choose? Who to choose us a break-out point?
Then one day, one of her closest friends suggested to her to give Tokyo-Zion Academy a try.
 
Noizchild: When I first read Julia's profile to hire new writers, I thought to myself, “No way! This woman is too crazy for my taste!” Which was ironic because I'm a little bit crazy myself. I tried to ignore Julia and move onto the next person. But something about her wouldn't let me turn away. My attention kept returning back to her profile. I tried to fight hiring her. But in the end, I ended up hiring Julia under my staff.
 
Within weeks, Julia blended into TZA's wild quirky family. She laid down the foundations of being odd and as John Cleese put it on Monty Python's Flying Circus, “something completely different.” And that was only the beginning of her wild ride.
You're Gonna Go Far