Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Wish You Were Here ❯ Son-Kyu ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Son-Kyu:
How can one really describe Julia's guild? In the beginning, it was just pieces. At first, the guild was having a hard time starting up. Son-Kyu was Julia's own little baby. But it was like her in that it was hard to keep onto people for a long time.
 
Rob Benson: Our guild started with ten people. Then, it shrank down in the course of three days. But then, some of us came back. Then, some would leave again. It was just an endless cycle with Son-Kyu.
 
Janis Evans: We should've called it the Revolving Door guild because more people just came and went. I even left in the early beginning because I lost hope in it.
 
But Julia never seemed to lose hope. She was born with a fighting soul that wouldn't give up until it won. A fluctuating guild wasn't going to stop her either. Yes, my friends! Julia was a resilient one. She knew how to get back up again. This was no exception to the rule. Julia was determined to drive Son-Kyu up to the top.
By July 2006, Son-Kyu consisted of Julia, Noiz, Rob, Graham, John, Eric, Terry S., Terry P., Michael, and a Welsh girl named Pam Higgenson.
 
Pam Higgenson: I first joined the guild through an ad in the school paper. I was interested into writing and so this as an opportunity to make new friends. So, I joined Son-Kyu. Julia was an interesting person. She was really smart and very resourceful. We all bounced ideas off of each other so well. She would have the beginning of a fic. I would come in and add the next part. Than, Julia would come back and add the next part. It would continue on like that. Occasionally, Noiz and the boys would throw something in to make the story interesting.
 
With its members finally, settled the only thing missing was a publisher. That didn't take long to find. However, Pam left the guild after that first drafts of their first fic was completed.
 
Pam: Son-Kyu had great potential from the start. But it needed a chance to grow. If it needed me to step down in order to do so, then so be it. So, I left. Simple as that.
 
After months of getting it together, Julia and co. finally were added onto the publishing company, Kita Fuji.
 
Rei Yagami: Great and interesting bunch they were. Mind you, I had my doubts about Son-Kyu at first. People in their group kept coming and going. I wasn't too easy on guilds that weren't stable enough to keep its people. But in the end, I signed them on. I'm glad I did. They were nice kids as well.
 
Iha-san: Those kids were a nice bunch. They even invited me over to Julia's apartment for Sunday lunch a few times. I was afraid to have anything they were cooking. I constantly heard Julia yell in the kitchen, “Come on, get back into the pot! I have to cook you for lunch!”
 
Good times, indeed! But it wasn't all just play time. Son-Kyu worked hard to stay with their publisher. On October, first Julia and her crew's story, Amy Len, was published to King Fish magazine.
 
Takin-san: Amy Len was an odd story. Most writers around the Ivy era of Japanese fiction were mostly about nature, music, and young love. No one really expected to read a fic about a girl stealing boys' socks and underwear.
 
Paul: I knew a girl like that once. Going through people's washies and stealing people's pants. She lived in Manchester. So, yeah.
 
Amy Len was a surprising success. The hits were 10,000,000+ and the reviews were flowing in like a wild river. Amy Len led to more successful fics.
 
Soot Terrell: Son-Kyu's fics were always challenging how stories were to be written. They didn't seem to follow any set of rules except their own. It definitely reflected in their work. Red Flowers, Caterpillar, and Fire Box were my favorites. They [the writers] seemed to be doing drugs when they wrote them. Those three… wow! Those three stories took me away into another world. I had to read them over and over again to until them. Each time I did, I was taken into a different part of the world. Anything from Son-Kyu was just that addictive.
 
Within six months, Son-Kyu was the darlings of the underground fiction world. But with that success came problems. And Julia was showing them badly.
Welcome My Son