Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Wish You Were Here ❯ Flying Solo ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Flying Solo:
Julia stayed low for a little while. Her mental conditions were bouncing back and forth all of the time. This battle went on for two years straight. There didn't seem to be any cure. Something had to be done.
Work was the only answer. Julia was only well when she was working. But how to get her back up and writing again?
It took a lot, but her friends managed to get her up and writing again. The right mood stabilizers helped as well. Pretty soon, Julia was pretty well and working. By 2012, she released her first solo book, Dreamy Wings, on the nineteenth of August.
 
Simon Monroe: Dreamy Wings was beautifully written. This was a sure sign that things were going great for Julia. We were all really happy that she was just getting it all together again.
 
But she didn't do it alone. Her friends helped her every step of the way. But first, there had to be some changes to be made. On July 2011, Julia sold her beachside apartment in Tokyo and moved all the way to Sapporo.
 
Jun-Jun Tomoe: I was there when she first bought the cottage in Sapporo. This shit was badly run down. But yet, she didn't seem to care. She called it a challenge to help her improve herself. She sounded like Noiz to me on that one. But, she wowed me once again on that one. Within two weeks, the cottage looked brand new. Julia had worked her thin fingers to the bone. *Giggles* Maybe a little bit too passionate. I remember when she painted her bedroom, that Jules didn't sweep up or anything at all. So little bits of dust, dirt, and little dead insects got caught in the paint. She even painted the doors and window shut. It took days to get them unstuck again.
 
Dreamy Wings proved to all of Japan that she could stand on her own two feet just fine. But not without a little help from her friends.
 
Ando Yoshida: I was more than happy to publish something by Myer-san. This was her chance to make a comeback. She proved us all well. Julia had gone back to the woman we had known and loved.
 
Janis: I worked on a couple of stories with Julia. It was more than a nightmare than old times. I had to help her sort out all of her ideas. She had an overload of information. I could not keep up with writing them. I had to tell her many times to slow down with the information. In the end, we managed to work out a compromise. We basically took Julia's main idea and fused it together with my edits and suggestions. The process was weird just like her. As a result, Peach Mayhem was born.
 
Danny Letterman: Julia can recover pretty fast. Peach Mayhem was her shining start in her solo career. It was silly and cute. But it was over all brilliant. Julia made Nina a believable character. I felt like I knew her all of my life.
 
Hugo Cho: That was the great thing about Julia. She would get crushed, but then she would rise up and concur again. There were no flies on Julia. *Laughs* Hey, I just remembered something. Julia's other book's cover had an illustration of flies on it. How ironic.
 
Julia's second and last book was simply titled Myer. By then, her problems had resurfaced and started taking their toll. She just gotten tired of writing and needed to get away. However, old habits do not die easily. In 2014, Julia formed the writing guild, Star Fist. But there were problems before Star Fist even began.
 
Mark Thomas: Julia got a reading in New York. She had Hugo and I come with her for support. The first two days were okay. But then, she started to take a nosedive again. She was right in the middle of the story of Sun Daze in the middle of the tour. It was going great at first. But then, she just stopped. It wasn't like, “I'm the best writer in the world” type of stop. There was no pride. She just stopped reading, got up, and walked off stage. Hugo and I clapped nervously. We were like, “Okay… that's it then…” It was an awkward time indeed.
 
That was only the start of it. Julia didn't do so well with Star Fist. Unlike her pervious guilds, Star Fist was simple. If only consisted of Jin Aizuwa and an American named Dave Seymour. Their first public reading was an ill-fated one.
 
Dave Seymour: The reading was a nightmare. She kept looking away from the pages and it all sounded dull. It was like; you don't really want to be here, do you? Some readings are good. Some are bad. That was really bad.
 
After that, Julia disappeared from the spotlight for a long time.
Where Have You Been?