Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Wish You Were Here ❯ Downward Spiral ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Downward Spiral:
Julia continued to go downwards in her problems. Nobody knew how to fix the main source. Time to find out was running out. Julia was getting worse and worse. She started to isolate herself more and more. She sold her cabin in Sapporo and moved back to Tokyo. She bought a small apartment and gave away most of her possessions.
 
Danny: I went to visit Julia one day. Her apartment was almost bare. All that was there was her futon, an end table, bags of clothes, and pictures from her childhood. The pictures were arranged from latest to earliest. It was if she was trying to go back in time. Back to a time of innocence. *Shakes his head* Such a shame. Julia had an unlimited future, but a limited present. And that was a sad reality.
 
Her surroundings and her belongings weren't the only thing to downgrade. Her physical appearance was hit the worst. It came when she learned an update about Son-Ryu. Her old guild went mainstream at long last. Julia decided to pay them a little visit. The guild was in for a huge shock.
 
Janis: We were working on the book Missing when a strange woman walked into the studio. We didn't know who she was at first. This woman was so thin and pale. Her body was all covered in sores. Her hair was cut too short. The woman just sat in the room quietly at first. We really didn't know what to do at first. We really didn't know what to do at first. But then, we realized it was Julia. We were all shocked. Some of us cried. Noiz definitely cried. Julia didn't stay long however. She left in the middle of our work. We couldn't focus for the rest of the night. We ended up calling it an early night. As I was driving home, I saw her along the road. Julia looked like she was trying to hitch a ride. I just ducked down and drove off. I was scared of what she had become. And… that was the last time I ever saw her again.
 
Noiz: A few days later, I went to visit Julia. Her apartment was so empty. A deep depression was all around. Julia looked even worse than the last time we saw her. She looked as if she had been crying. My heart ached for her. We didn't talk at first. Julia sat down on her futon. I couldn't hold back anymore. “Julia,” I said to her. “What happened to you?” She didn't answer me. I kept going. “You used to be so great, now look at you,” I told her. “What happened?” She still wouldn't talk. I kept asking her until she stood up and grabbed me by the shoulders. I went silent real fast. Then, Julia looked me straight in the eyes. It was like time had frozen still. She was even crying. I'll never forget the next thing she said to me. “Flee from here, Pandi,” she told me. “Flee with your life. Don't let time get you! Stay as young as long as you can! Flee from me and never can back. Remember me before I left the guild! I was young and free then! Flee from me and never return!” Her words shook me to the core. I nodded in numb silence and quietly left. On my drive home, I pulled off the side of the road and cried. My idol was now gone. All that was left of her was a corpse walking and breathing. That really hurt me more than anything in the world. *Starts to cry, but tries to stop herself* It still haunts me to this day. *Fighting back her tears*
 
Rob: *Lightly grabs her hand* It's okay, Noiz-sama. There, there. Just take your time with this. Okay?
 
Noiz: *Nods* Okay. *Pulls herself together enough to talk* After that, I just hid in my office for the rest of the day.
 
Son-Ryu dedicated Missing to Julia. It ranked number one on fic charts the world over. As for Julia, she went all the way back to Liverpool with all the money she had left and remained there until her death.
Wish You Were Here