Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ If it kills me ❯ Preface ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

PREFACE
 
Kill or be killed.
 
That's what my instincts are telling me right now.
 
They say bad things happen for a reason. And this…this is the result of my forbidden actions.
 
I should have done what I was born to do…what I was made to do.
 
Think.
 
I struggled to catch my breath as I tried to anticipate my opponent's next move.
 
I analyzed the structure of this old storage building. The open areas are too wide - it would give me too much exposure. A cargo box was sitting near my left side. I took a chance and ran swiftly behind it.
 
Damn. My left rib hurt as I panted. Judging on my wounds, I'm pretty sure I don't have enough time.
 
I searched the building for my opponent.
 
Where is he?!
 
I didn't like the feeling of not being able to see my attacker.
 
I'm good at this. I'm supposed to predict my enemy's next move.
 
And just like that, I felt a surge of loss hit me.
 
A pair of crystal blue eyes caught my attention. Her eyes were neither bright nor dull - it was empty. It was lifeless.
 
It can't be. I failed her. Damn!
 
I mustered all my strength and lunged at my opponent as I sensed him lurk behind me.
 
Kill or be killed.