Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ J.I.N.0.1 ❯ J.I.N.0.1.0.1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Sweet notes: This story is fully and totally inspired by Kanara’s Synergy piece. Check it out on Aarinfantasy! As for other stuff: boy it feels strange to be writing some notes again. I haven’t written a story for posting in such a long time- I feel like all of my regulars won’t even recognize my writing anymore! (Well, I suppose two years will do that to you!) It’s not that I haven’t been writing, but more so that I’ve been writing material that I can’t submit anywhere if I expect to get it published. Ye’gads. -_-; as for me; well life’s a bitch and then you die just about sums it up. This is a bit of a vent-fic, so it’ll be dark, erotic and damned interesting! Don’t read it if you’re looking for sappy fluff alone!

Warnings: lemon, BDSM, non-con, futuristic, PWP.

Disclaimer: The characters are mine biatches. I wish I also owned the Earth, but I don’t, so I guess you can do with it as you will... the setting is in no means unique, so I suppose you can have that too.

~
J.I.N.0.1.

~By Sweetdeily.
~

“...Defective?”

“Huh, oh, I’m sorry. You were talking about something and I wasn’t listening at all.” Suzume responded with a sigh, his dark eyes pulling away from staring blankly at a poster across the room to focus on his dinning partner.

“Suzume!” The other man grunted, striking said day-dreamer with his fork before he dumped his cutlery by his empty plate. The last vestiges of some dark sauce and a piece of lettuce were all that remained of his dish- now the metal fork clattered as it struck and bounced around the sides of the box before stopping abruptly. “Listen when people talk to you!”

“I said I was sorry, didn’t I?” Suzume grunted, biting the now cold shrimp in his chopsticks in half and chewing messily. While Doctor Kazuya had finished his meal, Suzume still lingered over his bento box, an old traditional style meal- filled with Japanese delights; Suzume even used chopsticks to eat with, an unusual habit in this day and age.

It was more an aesthetic appeal than anything else. Doctor Suzume Akishita was the sort of man that most people believed had little taste in personal aesthetics; he spent all his time designing cyborgs for other people’s pleasure. There were two types of men who did what Akishita did; the first was the cool, calm and collected sort- who didn’t have any preferences one way or another in regard to just about anything, but could cater to just about all other needs- people like Suzume, and the second were people like Kazuya Otoya. The man wore loud shirts, liked certain music and had a favourite food; he was able to design cyborgs for people to suit their needs and preferences; because he had needs and preferences.

“Well- I was saying... why don’t you fix it, if it’s so defective?” Kazuya grumbled, taking a sip of his large carbonated drink and pushing his finished tray to one side; effectively signalling the cleaning robot- which rolled to the table and collected the empty tray.

Suzume sighed- the same sigh as before; he spoke around a mouthful of squid. “I suppose I should...”

“Well it can’t go to the owner like this, can it? She’d be really pissed, I imagine. Still, it does happen you know? Don’t beat yourself up about it.” Kazuya encouraged. “Many of my first attempts at the preference interfaces ended in disaster as well- I even had one ‘borg that ended up committing suicide with its master when they got tired of the thing- thank god for waivers! Compared to that, you’ve done pretty good on this first try- and you said that the second attempt was fine, right? No abnormalities, perfect response testing?”

“Yeah- no abnormalities.” That was a mild way of putting it. The damn cyborg was off the charts with its ‘abnormalities’. There was obviously a fatal error in its core processor. Or someone in the BLANK levels was messing with him.

“Like I said before; I think there was a fatal error in the core processor, anyway. You can’t account for that sort of thing.” Kazuya grunted. He leaned forward, matching gazes with Suzume with a grin. “So- what are you going to do?”

Suzume sighed- again and leaned back, using his chopsticks to pop an egg-roll into his mouth. “Probably fix it- or dump-“ Suzume was interrupted by a woman in one of the light green lab-coats running into the room, clutched to her chest was a clipboard, she had a vid-pen tucked behind one ear and a harried look about her. “Doctor Akishita!”

Suzume stood as the woman got to their table, his short legs bringing him to a bare five-foot-four. He was a small man, most thought of as petit in many ways. His hair was cropped short and in a neutral fashion, his face was more of a heart-shape than anything else and his features were delicate to say the least.

His mother had been expecting a girl, and instead, Suzume had come out of her- all the DNA enhancements that he had received had been with the expectation that he would be female, and so he was a short, cute man.

Unorthodox enough that he really did have trouble getting a date on a Friday night. He lived in a day and age where people could look like anything or anyone they wanted to- and men looking like women did not make a lot of sense to anyone. Suzume had come to just stop trying to get dates. He lived alone. He had few friends and no social life to speak of. It was sad. In this utopian world- where everyone was happy, Suzume Akishita was angsty.

“What is it?”

“Doctor- ‘borg JIN-zero-one is causing trouble in the lab. Again.” The last she spoke almost breathlessly.

“Then turn it off.” Suzume spoke with a frown, catching the woman as she almost tripped in her heels, skidding to a stop by the table he and Kazuya were sharing.

“I can’t! The brain-case isn’t taking our commands- and since the only one that zero-one seems to respond to is you- I’m sorry, I know you were having lunch...”

Suzume waved his hand in the general direction of the lab. “No, no. I should do something about Zero-one anyway.”

ASUKA Borg-netics was a huge complex. It boasted six underground carparks for employees and customers, a fifty-storey building that towered upward into the sky of New Tokyo, and fifteen highly secretive underground levels for classified research- levels that typically didn’t show up on the floor plans. The front entry-way into the building from the street was a clean black and silver affair of plastics and concretes, several ‘designer’ statues twice the size of a normal man lined the steps leading up to the large foyer where guests could be expected to be greeted by the best and most professional- mostly human staff. The ASUKA company catered to both private and business clients in their cyborgs; from domestic to workers, they had parts for faulty bodies, or even full-blown cyborgs creation. They used their own batches of synthetics as well as select bio-chips and nanotechnology. It was a prestige to work in the ASUKA laboratories for any aspiring bio-engineer.

The facilities were state-of-the-art and only the best of the best were selected to work there. Suzume Akishita had been top of his classes all through his younger years, and then right out of University he had made a ground-breaking new method of construction for the cyborgs of the time. The man was barely twenty-five with seven awards under his belt and numerous promotions and prizes for his outstanding work in the area of study.

And then there was JIN-zero-one.

Suzume knew he needed to brace himself before he entered the lab, but it didn’t do him all that much good. He had been working on a request from the company CEO for a personal cyborg- normally Suzume didn’t make those sorts of cyborgs, but when the man who signs your paychecks asks for something special- you give it to him or you find a way for him to get it somehow. Suzume’s first attempt at the personality preferences had ended in JIN-zero-one and thus, he had been forced to make another, JIN-zero-two; which he had been about to finish today.

“I’m going to kill him.” Suzume concluded as he stared at a good week’s worth of work torn apart- the dead monitors in the room and the gruesome remains of JIN-zero-two.

“Doctor Akishita. Did you enjoy your lunch?” The culprit- who had somehow been herded into a corner enquired; his innocent expression much akin to a cat that has just shredded something important but doesn’t understand why you are still angry five minutes later.

JIN-zero-one was a perfect specimen of a male cyborg for private use; he was tall, almost six-foot-seven (built to the CEO’s desired height) and muscled like a supermodel; he had a good six-pack of muscles and a hard, smooth body. JIN-zero-one’s hair was originally styled to hit his waist but the cyborg had cut it to his elbows because Suzume had expressed displeasure at having to keep it from getting caught on chairs all the time. The ‘borg’s eyes were a wild gold to match in with the theme of his hair- a black that faded into a gold-leaf pattern. The pattern was best seen at the ends of the hair, and if it was styled right, all sorts of shapes and scenes could be seen. And then there were the upgrades that the CEO had sent the ‘borg in for. In the levels of the ASUKA company’s building that certainly weren’t on any maps. The ‘borg was supposed to be for personal uses, but it also doubled as a bodyguard.

Which, naturally, meant that JIN-zero-one was very hard to control when it thought something didn’t coincide with its primary functions. For a cyborg that was virtually perfect for its originally intended purpose, nothing had gone right with the damn thing. Suzume had almost finished his work on the second model- he’d been about to install the last programs into the brain-case when Zero-one had decided to...

“Don’t try and wheedle out of it- what have you done to model zero-two?” He indicated the absolute mess all over the office.

A cyber arm lay in a corner, its chords ripped to shreds, one of the fingers still twitching thoughtlessly. The zero-two model’s head seemed to have been squashed completely between a magnetic press (usually used to hold limbs while they were being adjusted with a laser-drill) and the torso- only recently garnished with a heart and tissue, was a bleeding, bloody mess all over the place. Sixty thousand credits down the drain. Because, and Suzume was sure he was about to hear it- JIN-zero-one was jealous. He was really going to kill the damned defective menace... as soon as he figured out how...

Illegal upgrades were illegal for a reason.

“I have rendered JIN-zero-two inactive. I thought it was the best course of action.”

“You did, did you? Oh please... please, rationalize this out to me, Jin.” Suzume growled in a low, dangerous voice that any ‘borg should have feared from a man that made him. It was a voice that spoke ‘I know how to make you, I can unmake you with a spanner and set of cards.’

But no, surely Zero-one found it adorable, or cute. It was indeed; hard to intimidate a creature that couldn’t be shut down or turned off when that was your only threat to its existence. The other Doctor’s- with Suzume’s presence instated- fled for their proverbial hills.

“If JIN-zero-two had been completed, you would have delivered the model to Mister Kawashi and I would have become obsolete.”

“You are already obsolete, Jin-ugh, Zero-one. Your program is incredibly flawed and your logic circuits are certainly ineffective!” Suzume picked up one of zero-two’s arms and thrust it at the guilty party. “If he had of been one day further along in the development process, you’d be up for murder!”

“That is why I rendered the zero-two model inactive at this stage. It will take you at least another week to build a third model, and by then, the department on floor----------- will have worked out their next additions to my model. The zero-three model can be equipped with these changes and because it will be a third model-“

“-Your existence will become a point of reference for future developments, thus ensuring you are not disposed of as stated under Cyborg regulatory existence Acts for multiple productions.” Suzume groaned. He’d been hoping that Jin wouldn’t pick up on that loophole. A cyborg model that had three or more in its series was considered for different laws than a model that had one or two variations. Of course, JIN-zero-one had checked and thought this over, when it came to this model, nothing had gone according to plan for poor Doctor Suzume.

“Yes, you are correct Doctor. Now- you cannot work in this laboratory and since you have no input into the initial stages of body-development, you will not be needed for the rest of the day so-“ JIN-zero-one was brushing some glass off his shirt as he spoke and moved closer to the Doctor. The cyborg was dressed in a pair of black leather pants that were not cheap (real leather meant a real cow and that was no laughing matter) and a very interesting mesh-shirt. It was party-clothing. Or killing off your sibling-clothing as the case seemed.

“You cunning little bastard-“ Suzume began, only to find that the defective cyborg had grabbed him by the wrist and was walking toward the door.

It was walk or be dragged- and Suzume decided that walking was the better of the two options. He hissed insults at the back of the cyborg’s head as he was dragged from the ASUKA building and deposited firmly into his very nice, very expensive shiny car. Normally Suzume liked to drive in his car- but it wasn’t nearly as fun as when he was the passenger. Of course, JIN-zero-one wouldn’t let him drive; he wasn’t exactly sure the reason behind this decision yet.

“Bastard cyborg asshole.” Suzume muttered irritably. But, like a cat, it was hard to stay angry with someone that didn’t think his actions were ‘that big a deal’ and it was interesting to see JIN-zero-one’s self defence logics in play. He had saved his own existence from simple deletion and gotten Suzume out of the office; probably a good day’s work for the cyborg bastard. Suzume hunched in his seat, determined not to encourage this appalling behaviour. If he couldn’t fix Jin--- Suzume would have to take responsibility for him. Now that was a scary thought.

“Your insults only serve to worsen your situation, Suzume.” Jin spoke with a sly grin as he pulled the car into gear like it was his car and the most natural thing in the world for him. For someone barely two weeks old, he sure was cocky.

Suzume sighed. He didn’t want to talk about why the damn machine had recognized him and not the damn data it was supposed to take. He had tinkered and tried to get back into Zero-one’s brain-case, but unless Jin wanted him to, he couldn’t make the damn cyborg do anything. ‘I want to fix your processing unit’ was answered with a ‘why?’ and when someone knew you were lying and didn’t like ‘because your behaviour is wrong’ for a reason- there was literally no way to force him. Suzume had no intention of repeating the first night he had taken the model home to try and get it to ‘relax’ and open up its brain-case to him; there had been some idle threats made and... heat rushed up Suzume’s face and he coughed, some not so idle threats made. “Where are we going?”

“You still need to eat- I estimate that Doctor Otoya’s lunch with you ended abruptly and you have barely had two mouthfuls.”

“And whose fault is that?” Suzume growled, gripping the support of his seat as they took a corner at break-neck-speed.

“I was not attacking the staff; your assistant could have waited before she went to you.”

“You are a highly dangerous model- if you had of decided to attack the staff-“ Suzume began, defending his subordinate even without knowing her name. He didn’t normally get many names or faces from the people who worked for him. It was a distancing technique.

“Attacking your assistants is counter-productive to my primary functions. And I like some of them.” Jin added the last as an almost after-thought before he turned his attention back to Suzume. Not that his attention ever wavered very far, it seemed. “I want to take you somewhere nice...”

“On my budget...” Suzume mumbled.

“Somewhere with alcohol...” Jin continued, as though he hadn’t heard Suzume’s grumbling.

“I don’t like to drink.” Suzume continued with his objections. He enjoyed his job- most days- and yet Jin had caused him nothing but problems from day one. Suzume had seen enough of Kazuya’s ‘borg’s first start-ups to know that the first program to boot up was supposed to be their primary function program, without fail, every single one of them (if made correctly) would ask ‘where is my master’ but not JIN-zero-one. He had booted up with what seemed to be his social recognition software the first to come online and had identified Suzume. Why? Well that’s what Suzume had wanted to know- but it hadn’t done him much good–the damn thing didn’t want to be ‘understood’ by Suzume- Jin just wanted to well... Suzume wasn’t perfectly sure if he was trying to somehow fulfil his original programming with Suzume instead of the CEO- or... well, or if too many circuits had been crossed. A domestic ‘borg was generally supposed to be subservient; putting the needs of its master above those of anything else. But Suzume hadn’t really had much experience with ‘borgs passed the initial tests and then shipping off for their owners.

“Your objections are futile. We are going to paint the town red.”

“Oh god- I hope you know that’s a metaphor for partying not-“

“Relax, Suzume.” Jin smiled and reached over, running his hand under the Doctor’s chin and letting his fingers linger there in a comforting gesture briefly. “I will be very gentle.”

Suzume found heat rushing up his face as he remembered the previous time that this was spoken and he quietly withdrew his face from the ‘borg’s grasp. “I’d believe that if I didn’t know butter wouldn’t melt in your mouth.”

“New metaphor added to my memory.” Jin grinned and pulled the car to a stop outside a set of windows. Large gaudy signs ran up and down the street, the car was parked in front of a small restaurant; authentic Italian cuisine boasted on the sign above their heads. Beside it was a dark shop with no signs or windows, just a single door.

“Not another one-“ Suzume choked out.

“You say that now, but you should understand that I know you enjoyed it.”

“Did I ever mention my hatred for you?” Suzume hissed as the ‘borg opened his door and literally pulled him by the wrist from the car.

“Several times.” Jin responded serenely. “You could avoid the club altogether if you really wanted to.”

Suzume’s ears turned pink and he struggled to keep up with Jin as he was pulled into the restaurant. “I doubt that.” He grumbled.

“Table for two, please.” Jin spoke as the serving girl pounced on them mere seconds after the door opened.

“Right this way sir. Oh, that’s an adorable cyborg you have! So short and cute–what type is it?” She spoke after looking Suzume over, she smiled big and handed JIN-zero-one a menu.

Suzume’s face went red as he turned to tell the girl off- but Jin beat him to it. “It’s a first edition, Akishita design. Beautiful isn’t he?”

“JIN!” Suzume hissed.

“Yes, maybe I should get one- I hear that the Akishita models are adaptive, not anticipative. Oh- special of the day is minestrone soup with fresh, non-synth bread on the side. We bake the bread here, it tastes really good.” She continued.

“I’ll get a small Mediterranean pizza, a glass of something smooth in your red wines, and a chicken risotto. Sorry, make that two glasses of wine.”

The girl nodded and took the menu back before bouncing off toward the kitchens. Suzume and JIN-zero-one were the only occupants in the small restaurant at this hour; unusual as it was lunch time for most of the inhabitants of New Tokyo.

Suzume sighed and rested his elbows on the table. Great, the idiot was going to drink alcohol. “And what am I eating?”

“You prefer rice over pasta but you’ve never tried a pizza, Suzume. So the pizza is for you, if you don’t like it, you can have my risotto.”

“How kind of you.” Suzume sighed–again.

~To be continued...