Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Journey to the World Beyond ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Journey to the World Beyond
 
It had been quite a day for our 3 adventurers. They had not only found the city but they had met some weird talking appliances. One thing was for certain, though. They knew their journey would be over soon.
 
“Okay, so that last owner was a bust,” Jordan said nervously as his crew sat around with disappointed expressions.
 
“Do you think we should go back?” Kirsten asked as Neil nodded and said, “He wasn't such a bad guy.”
 
Still, they knew that with the tools around, it would not have been the best life for them. Perhaps it was too much to ask that the city provide a better home than the forest ever could.
 
“I wish we were still back at the forest,” Neil sighed as Kirsten nodded and said, “I wish everything hadn't been destroyed. Then we would be living the good life again.”
 
Jordan's hopeful spirit had also died. Even though he had led them this far and hadn't given up hope, even he was starting to doubt the possibility that their journey to the city was such a good idea.
 
As if things couldn't have been any worse, a cat showed up out of nowhere and lunged at the trio. Sadly, the tabby had stuffed Neil into her mouth and was ready to swallow when Kirsten delivered a fierce kick to the feline's chest. Then, with that, the trio ran from the creature as her careless owner noticed that she had gotten free from her grasp and scooped the cat up.
 
The three had fled behind a bush as the mouse trembled in fear.
 
“There, there,” Kirsten coaxed, “Don't be frightened.”
 
“Why shouldn't I be?” the rodent retorted, “I was in a cat's mouth for God's sake! I'm lucky the big beast didn't swallow!”
 
Jordan had to admit, the city was not the haven he thought it would be. He just simply turned to the group and said, “I'm sorry I dragged you into this, guys. I really thought the city would be a good home for us.”
 
“Don't beat yourself up,” Kirsten said as Neil ran up to the squirrel and stroked his tail. Jordan stopped moping around for he always hated it when anyone touched his tail.
 
“Thanks, Neil,” he said, “I needed a good surprise to ignore my sorrow. But seriously, I think we just wasted an entire trip.”
 
But, luck had finally met them as a middle-aged man scooped the trio up and said, “Hey, how lucky that I should find 3 rodents in the middle of the street! You will be perfect!”
 
Neil and Kirsten could not have been happier. Sadly, Jordan was a bit disappointed by their happy-go-lucky attitude. He was extremely disappointed in Neil, for he was supposed to be the one to see problems with these sorts of things.
 
Then, the two showed even more worry than Jordan when they saw they were being brought into a lab. They knew that they were going to be used for tests, they just knew it.
 
“I've got the animals you wanted,” the seemingly nice man said to his boss who nodded and said, “Alright, load `em up.”
 
 
This only made them worry more. Where were these people taking the three mammals? It did not look good, let me tell you.
 
Soon, they found themselves being placed in three seats. What was worse was that these 3 seats were located inside a big spaceship that was set to go off within the next minute.
 
“The animals are ready for takeoff, sir!” one of the men who loaded them on reported as the boss saluted his employees and announced, “READY FOR LAUNCH IN 5…”
 
“They're sending us into space!” Neil panicked as the microphone let out, “4…”
 
With that, the ladders were lowered to make room for the rocket as the voice came again shouting, “3…”
 
“I could go for some cruel experiment over this anytime!” Jordan shouted, knocking on the glass door as the voice came out shouting the fateful words that spelt doom:
 
“2… 1… BLASTOFF!”
 
That was that. The rocket took off into the sky with the animals still onboard. Jordan understood why Neil was being used, but why would NASA use a squirrel and a rabbit?
 
They all looked down towards the earth vanishing from view as another strange thing happened. They heard a voice. It came from nowhere singing. The words went as follows:
 
Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time. I feel alive and the world it's turning inside out. Yeah! I'm floating around in ecstasy, so don't stop me now. Don't stop me, 'cause I'm having a good time, having a good time!”
 
The animals peered out of the window and, it took some effort, but they noticed that the voice was actually coming from the rocket and more rockets were right next to it. They seemed to have developed facial features too. This day was just getting weirder and weirder.
 
I'm a shooting star leaping through the skies, like a tiger defying the laws of gravity! I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva! I'm gonna go-go-go! There's no stopping me! I'm burning through the skies! Yeah! Two hundred degrees! That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit! I'm traveling at the speed of light! I wanna make a supersonic man of you! Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time! I'm having a ball. Don't stop me now! If you wanna have a good time just give me a call! Don't stop me now! ('Cause I'm having a good time) Don't stop me now! (Yes I'm having a good time) I don't want to stop at all!”
 
Jordan and the others just watched as Earth left their sight and soon they passed the moon. It seemed hopeless. They tried everything.
 
Neil tried to turn the ship around and reported, “IT WON'T TURN! IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN!”
 
I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars on a collision course. I am a satellite! I'm out of control! I am a sex machine ready to reload like an atom bomb about to oh-oh-oh-oh-oh explode! I'm burning through the skies! Yeah! Two hundred degrees! That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit! I'm traveling at the speed of light! I wanna make a supersonic woman out of you!”
 
The animals did the best they could. They even knocked on the glass window and shouted at the rocket to turn around. Sadly, it was enjoying itself too much.
 
Then, the other rockets joined in and chanted the following:
 
Don't stop me, don't stop me, don't stop me! Hey-hey-hey! Don't stop me, don't stop me! Ooh-ooh-ooh! (I like it) Don't stop me, have a good time-good time! Don't stop me don't stop me! Ooh! Alright! I'm burning through the skies! Yeah! Two hundred degrees! That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit! I'm traveling at the speed of light! I wanna make a supersonic woman of you! Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time! I'm having a ball. Don't stop me now! If you wanna have a good time just give me a call! Don't stop me now! ('Cause I'm having a good time) Don't stop me now! (Yes I'm having a good time) I don't want to stop at all!”
 
As soon as the song ended, the rocket, who strangely sounded a lot like Queen, finally heard the voices coming from inside him. He stopped for a second and asked, “Did you animals just ask me to turn around?”
 
“Asking you is far from it!” Jordan spat, “We're trying to look for an owner and you're taking us off into space! Bring us back, please!”
 
The rocket laughed and replied, “Sorry, I was just caught up in the moment. HEY, BUDDIES! GO ON WITHOUT ME! I GOTTA HELP MY PASSENGERS!”
 
The other rockets just smiled and nodded, accepting that they were to go on without their friend. It's not as if rockets had to travel in packs. That's just ridiculous.
 
So, the animals were returned to Earth and were lucky to have actually avoided detection. They were surprised that the humans didn't even notice the rocket land. Then again, it was noon, so they were all on their lunch break. As soon as the animals unboarded, the rocket accepted some monkeys onboard and took off with his new, more experiences and willing passengers.
 
But, alas, the three had no idea where to go. They just sat there and thought about their old home when a certain someone drove by in his car. Why, it was James, the logger.
 
The trio recognized him and cowered in fear as the man exited his car and said, “I saw creatures who looked just like you in the forest. I guess by the way you're afraid of me, you must be those creatures.”
 
The three had no idea what to do. They didn't even bother running because they were exhausted.
 
As predicted, the man did grab them, but he held them rather gently.
 
“Don't worry about a thing,” he said, “I'll give you a good home. I felt bad destroying your forest, but it was my job. Besides, I planted some new trees anyway.”
 
The trio realized that they had finally found the right owner. The fact that the right owner was a logger was just a slight shock to them, but it was also rather relieving. Either way, the trio had finally found a good home.
 
(Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed that. I did end up taking out a scene with a pet shop, but I may release a chapter clearing up mini-chapters (Events that take place within chapters) that were taken out of the storyline for this finished project. Anyway, a reminder that only 2 of those songs used in this were mine. All the other song lyrics belong to their rightful owners. Also, come onto the site and check my stories every now and again for I may write a sequel. (Or preferably, the bonus chapter))