Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Legends Academy ❯ Singing My Life Away. ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

After finishing breakfast I quickly went to change my clothes.
 
Once I got to my room, I quickly picked out a black tank top and a pair of denim short-shorts to go with my traditional black flats. Also I grabbed a long black ribbon to use as a headband.
 
Then I went through my jewelry box to find a few sliver bangles, an obsidian ring and earring set, and a transparent black ribbon with a piece of obsidian on it. Hurriedly, I put everything on. Before I left the room I grabbed my bag.
 
I exited the room, about to explore the castle.
 
I opened a door. An auditorium? As I walked up the stage I reached into my bag, puling out my laptop. Checking that no one was in the room, I started up my music player.
 
"If nobody's around, I might as well get a little practice." I muttered.
 
Scrolling down the list of songs, I thought about what I wanted to sing. Finally I decided on one of my personal favorites, "Reaching' For Heaven" by Diana DeGarmo.
 
I pressed play, closed my eyes, and started to sing, throwing in a few dance moves too...
 
All my life
There was just me and my dreams
And the days went tickin' by
Like the beat of my heart

Spend my nights
Wonderin' how it would feel
When the waiting would end
And tomorrow would start
Suddenly I see the light
Out of the darkness I'm comin' alive

So this is how it feels
Reachin' for heaven
This is how it feels
Kissin' the sky
This is what it means
Touching forever
Like a phoenix rising from the flames
I'm reachin' for heaven

All this time
I never knew I was so strong
But you made me find the fire
That was there all along
In your eyes
I can see all I can be
Suddenly I want it all
And I know you'll catch me if ever I fall

So this is how it feels
Reachin' for heaven
And this is how it feels
Kissin' the sky
This is what it means
Touching forever
Like a phoenix rising from the flames
I'm reachin' for heaven

You alone have shown me
Shining new hope rises now for all
I owe you
It's my turn to show you

This is how it feels
Reachin' for heaven
And this is how it feels
Kissin' the sky
This is what it means
Touching forever
Like a phoenix rising from the flames
I'm reachin' for heaven
Reachin' for heaven

This is how it feels
Kissin' the sky
This is what it means
Touching forever
Like a phoenix rising from the flames
I'm reachin' for heaven
Reachin' for heaven
Heaven
The song ended and I stopped singing. Opening my eyes I jumped. Standing in front of me was the one and only Markarov.
 
"Oh my god! Please don't do that!" I said, feeling my heart. It was definitely skyrocketing. "What are you doing here? I thought you were in your room."
 
"Before you deafened me with that last note, I was listening to you sing. You know, you're pretty good." Mark replied.
 
I smiled. "Thanks. How about you?" I asked.
 
He chuckled, "What do you mean?"
 
"Do you ever sing?" I clarified.
 
"Not really. Where I come from, girls do all that." Said Markarov. The way he said it I could tell without even looking that he was grinning.
 
"Sexist much?" I asked, grabbing my water bottle and taking a sip.
 
"Kinda," He said.
 
I took another drink from my water bottle, thinking about how he would react if I tried something...
 
"Do you know any songs?" I asked, going to my laptop's song list again.
 
"Yeah, loads, why?" He asked, instantly suspicious.
 
"No reason." I said, "But I bet you wouldn't know any of the songs I like."
 
"Is that a challenge?" He asked.
 
I grinned, "Perhaps. Let's see what you got..."
 
He shrugged. I pressed play...
 
(A few minutes later...)
The song ended and Markarov smirked. My jaw dropped. He was really good.
 
"Wow. So he sings, but can he dance?" I asked, searching for a new song. His eyes widened.
 
"Oh, no. I don't dance!" He said quickly, holding up his hands.
 
"What, are you scared?" I said, trying desperately not to smirk.
 
Instantly he looked determined. "I don't think so. I just don't."
 
"Fine," I said, "If you're that scared..." I started closing my laptop.
 
Almost instantly, his hand appeared on my wrist.
 
"Choose a song."
 
"All right..."
 
I pressed play and he grabbed my hand.
 
"If I'm dancing, so are you." He said.
 
"Fair enough," I said.
 
The song started...
 
"Dancing through life, skimming the surface..." Sang the computer.
(Almost ten minutes later...)
 
The song ended and I broke the gaze that Markarov and I were holding. Applause broke out from behind me. (I wasn't facing the room, but the back curtain.)
 
"Markarov, the last time I checked, the room was empty." I said slowly.
 
He looked over my shoulder.
 
"It's not now." He said.
 
I turned and every person I had seen here plus several more were still applauding from the seats.
 
 
I blushed a little, but still smiled. "I'm guessing that you all heard that?" I asked everybody.
 
I got several affirmatives from various people, but the rest just kept clapping and a couple boys whistled.
 
Blushing harder yet, I hurriedly grabbed my stuff and left the room. Markarov followed closely behind.
 
Once we were away from the room, the both of us agreed that we would lock the doors next time.