Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Legends Academy ❯ Not a Couple ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Just as Mark and I left the auditorium, Genevieve and Angel came up to us.
 
"Awwww! That was sooo sweet!" Said a particularly over-excited Angel. I giggled as I noticed she was bouncing up and down in the balls of her feet.
 
"Yeah, you guys are a really cute couple!" Genevieve said, clasping her hands over her chest.
 
At those words, I froze. "Uh, Genevieve, we're not a couple. We're just friends..."
 
"Oops. Awkward..." She said, blushing furiously.
 
I could feel my neck and face grow hot. Genevieve, I hate you SO much right now!
 
"So," Started Angel, clearly sensing my discomfort, "How about after lunch, we watch a movie?"
 
"Sounds good to me." I said quickly.
 
Just as we headed towards the dining hall, we heard a shout behind us.
 
"SLY PERONZA, I SWEAR, WHEN I CATCH YOU, YOU'RE DEAD MEAT!"
 
I still stood frozen, but I tensed up. If that wasn't a voice that scared me, I didn't know what was.
 
Another voice rang out, this time in a mix between hysterical laughter and a scream of terror.
 
Suddenly, something rushed through the hall, knocking me over into, typical, Mark.
 
Just by reflex though, my leg shot out, tripping the thing that knocked my over.
 
Lying sprawled on the floor was the one I supposed was called "Sly Peronza".
 
As Mark helped me back on my own feet, I crouched down to the teenaged boy.
 
"Hey, are you alright?" I asked, poking his arm.
 
"Ugh, yeah, thanks." He said, voice muffled by the wood floor.
 
I grabbed his arm, hoisting him up.
 
He, too, had pretty long hair for a guy. It was nearly shoulder length. When it moved away from his eyes, I saw that they were a B-E-A-UTIFUL shade of blue. They were like the ocean, back home in Ireland.
Once he was completely standing, he took his arm back and shook my hand.
 
"Sly Peronza, and you are?" He said.
 
"Artemis Ha- OH MY GOD, LOOK OUT!" I cried, pulling him out of the way.
 
The person who had yelled at Sly was sprinting down the hall. Thinking quickly, I had pulled Sly out of his path, but (come on, I have the worst luck!), he fell right on top of me!
 
The other person, whom I could now identify as a boy, stopped next to us.
 
"Feh! Typical Sly. You hit on every girl you see! Do you even know her name?" He asked, grabbing Sly by the collar and lifting him off of me, throwing him off in some other direction.
 
Then he reached out to help me up, but guess who beat him to it. You never will.
 
Sly and Mark both tried to pull me up, resulting in a pain in my arms.
 
"Ouch! Mark, I thought I told you I could get up on my own! Sly, you don't know yet, but let go!" I said, pulling my arms back.
 
My wishes were denied, though, as the other boy, who's name I still did not know, helped me up, regardless of what I said.
 
"Excuse Sly, he's an idiot." The boy said curtly. "Riku McKay, and who might you be?"
 
"Artemis Haun." I said, just as, if not more, curt. "I don't mean to pry, but why were you chasing him?"
 
"Because I pranked him! Man, I got him good!" Said Sly, doubled up with that laughter again.
 
When I giggled, I heard Riku mutter, "Luck. It was just luck. Next time, he's dead!"
 
"We were just about to go to lunch, care to join us?" Asked Angel, glancing at Riku in a strange way. No, she couldn't possibly...
 
Despite the blob of whipped cream he was whipping off him face, he was pretty good looking. His hair was shorter than Sly's and Markarov's, and unlike theirs, it was blonde. His eyes were brown and joyful, but not in creepy way, just normal happy. And he was pretty muscular too.
 
"Sure. Come on, idiot." He directed that last part at Sly, who was just getting up from his laughing fit. Really though, Sly wasn't that bad. I mean, sure, he was prank obsessed, that I could already tell, but that was okay. I'd lived with a joker all my life-my mum.
 
We made only a little conversation on our way to the dining hall. Just near the doors, there was a crowd gathering. Many were laughing and pointing. Well, our curiosity got the best of us.
 
I tried to push through the crowd, but there was no need. It parted and a girl ran out. She appeared to be crying, considering the way she held her hands to her face. Which is probably why she slammed right into Sly.
 
He didn't fall over, but caught her, because she almost did fall.
 
"S-Sorry..." She sniffled, stepping away. Her hair moved a little, uncovering violet eyes and-wait a second-her hair was GREEN! No one else seemed to notice though.
 
"It's all right. Why are you crying?" Sly asked.
 
"In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a little different." She said, wrapping a strand of her green hair around her finger. Now everyone realized that her hair was oddly colored.
 
"So?" Sly asked.
 
"Well, they were making fun of me. Believe me; it gets to you after a while!" She said, whipping her face. Sly apparently felt the need to help, so he did.
 
"Mind telling us your name?" He said as we all started walking again. "I'm Sly, that's Riku, Mark, Angel, Genevieve, and Artemis." He gestured to us all in turn.
 
"I'm Chuko..."
 
"Well, Chuko, would you like to join us for lunch?" He asked kindly.
 
"Sure...I guess..." Chuko replied.
 
By this time, we had reached a table in the crowded room. We all sat, helping ourselves to whatever we liked. I noticed that Angel and Riku were sitting close to each other, as were Chuko and Sly. Looking to my right, I saw Markarov was rather close to me too. I blushed a little, reaching for my food.
 
"I don't suppose you have a last name?" Angel asked before diving into a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
 
"N-"Chuko started to say.
 
Suddenly, there was a huge flash of light and a mist seemed to be gathering near us at the front of the room. But it disappeared as quickly at it came, and in its place was a woman.
 
"Good morning, everyone! For those of you who don't know, I am Emily Newell, your headmistresses." She said loudly, instantly quieting everyone.
 
"Now, I know things are strange enough as it is, but seeing as most of you are here, I thought I would take this opportunity to let you know the way things work here at Legends Academy. I trust you will pass it on for those who have not arrived yet or aren't awake.
 
"First, graded classes do not start until September, but training and activities start today. As in RPG's, football, drama club, all of that stuff, okay?
 
"Second, the way the cafeteria is set up is only a summer arrangement, because very few of you actually keep a schedule during the summer. Once graded classes start, there will be fewer, larger tables and an actual line, not to mention time limit.
 
"Third, I think most of you have noticed that you seem to be lacking strength lately. Well, the first time a young Legend enters a magical building or property, they experience a, well, rush of magic. It will go away soon, but I advise you not to overexert yourself if you wish to keep consciousness.
 
"Fourth and final, have any of you noticed that you look a little different? There are some who's hair changes color, and some whose eyes change. Some of you may get taller, some shorter. And some of you might not even change at all! The possibilities are really endless. You see, when mortals are around, you keep a normal appearance, but when you are only among Legends, you change to your true appearance. Now, there is an exception. Whenever you use magic in front of mortals, which you shouldn't do unless you or your comrades are in danger, you will revert back to your true appearance.
 
"Hmm...What am I forgetting? Oh, right. Your rooms. The rooms you are in now will be changed to accommodate your entire six-person team. The basic arrangement will be three girls and three boys sharing a room. And don't worry ladies, you'll have privacy.
 
"Now, I have one more thing to say before you all continue your lunches."
 
She punched the air above her head and the room grew brighter. That flash was going to happen again.
 
"WELCOME, TO LEGENDS ACADEMY!" She shouted. Seconds later she disappeared in the light.
 
"Wow, flashy." I said sarcastically, turning back to my friends. "That was kinda weird."
 
"Yeah. So this place is a school then. We thought so." Said Angel. "Hmm...I wonder who our teams are..."
 
"I just hope one of you is on my team." Stated Chuko shyly.
 
"Who knows? Maybe we'll all be on different teams." I said.
 
And with that, the bond was made...
 
 
(A/N:
 
O.O
 
OMFG I MADE A CLIFFHANGER!!!!! ~Grins evilly~ And only I know the outcome! Seriously, not even RCR knows! (Mostly because I haven't told her yet, I'm on my way to karate now...)