Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Legends Academy ❯ Sly the Astronomer ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Begin chapter twelve...
 
(A/N: I'm gonna have a few chapters in 3rd person, cause my co-author, RCR, started writing it that way and I was too lazy to change it!^^)
 
"So, what movie?" Asked Angel holding up a pile of DVD's. "We have...Pirates of The Caribbean, um...Pursuit of Happyness, (It's how they spell it on the movie. Don't judge me.) and The Brother's Grimm." The girls looked at each other and said, "Pirates."
 
"Come on. We watched that last night." Complained Sly as Angel slid the disk in and the girls settled in.
 
"Then we'll watch it again. Got it?" Threatened Riku, holding Sly by the lapels off the ground. He nodded his head vigorously. "Good." Riku dropped him and walked to the couch where Chuko had saved him a seat. Angel sat next to him. Artemis sat on the arm of the chair where Markarov was sitting. They cast each other a glance and looked away as the lights dimmed.
 
~
 
Halfway through the movie, Artemis smelled...
 
"Popcorn!" She squealed, going over to the gargantuan bowl of popcorn that was sitting there, just steaming. Chuko was putting the salt on, and oh boy was there a lot of it.
 
"Heaven!" Shouted Sly, digging in and not even bothering to take a small plastic bowl that was sitting on the table.
 
"Where did you learn to eat?!" Asked Markarov loudly, grabbing Sly by his ear and pulling him away.
 
"No. My preciousness! I will return to you and bask in your buttery and salty goodness. Markarov you're evil. EVIL, I SAY!" Said Sly.
 
"That's what they tell me." He said.
 
All the girls laughed as Riku dumped popcorn into his bowl. Artemis looked back to the screen and sighed. Angel and Chuko followed suit.
 
"Aren't they just adorable?" The girls asked dreamily. Markarov walked up to them and snapped his fingers if front of their faces. No response.
 
"I know I'm cute, but girls, please calm down." Said Sly, complete with one black eye. Artemis walked up to him and wacked the back of his head.. He ended up with a headache for the second time in one afternoon. Angel laughed loudly and Chuko tried vainly to hide her giggles as well.
 
"For one thing, genius, we weren't talking about you, we were talking about Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. And second, maybe only one person has a thing for you. That is, if you're that lucky." She said walking away. Sly sat up and scratched his head with a puzzled look on his face.
 
"Huh? Which one, which one?!" He said, first eager, then pleading.
 
"Oh, he wants to know who likes him...Girls?" She said, looking at the other two females.
 
They all smiled, instantly getting the drift.
 
"Nunya."
 
"Huh?" He asked, confused.
 
"Nunya business." The girls all said.
 
"I despise you so." Sly muttered, upset at how easily they had dragged his hopes up and dropped them down again.
 
"Yeah, but you still talk to us!" Angel chirped, grinning broadly.
 
~
 
Once the movie was over, all six, for Genevieve had left before the movie, started talking about what extra activities they wanted to do. They had found multiple lists around the school. For the first few weeks, there were only a few choices. Basically, the results were as follows:
 
Angel: Football Team
 
Artemis & Markarov: Drama Club
 
Chuko: Garden Club
 
Riku: Swim Team
 
Sly: Astronomy
 
"Not surprising, really." Angel commented, looking at the names on the list. "Except for Mark. I didn't know you could sing! Well, I did, but I didn't think that's what you would have chosen!"
 
He shrugged. "So what? It was that or learning how to read dots."
 
Sly, unhappy with being made fun of, growled. "So what if I think that stars look cool? It's better then wearing tights!"
 
"Boys, don't even think it." Chuko said evenly, stopping the fight before it begun. Not wanting the guys to ignore her warning, she changed the subject. "So, did you guys notice the bulletin for the dance next week? Apparently, everyone will be here by then, so Headmistress Emily wanted to formally welcome everyone."
 
Riku nodded. "Yeah. I wonder who I can go with..."
 
Artemis just barely noticed that Angel blushed a little when he said that. She elbowed her in the arm, gesturing with her head to Riku in a 'Go for it!' manner. Angel, getting the message, nodded, falling behind a bit with Riku.
 
"Hey, Riku, can I talk to you for a second?" She asked. Artemis flashed her a smile and a thumbs-up as she and the rest of the group, minus Riku, kept going.
 
A few seconds later, once they were out of earshot from Angel and Riku, Mark switched to the open space next to Artemis.
 
"What was that about?" He asked.
 
"Oh, nothing. I'm just doing my job as best friend, that's all." Artemis replied happily.
 
By now, it was quite late in the evening. A.K.A., Time to eat. Everyone was heading to the Dining Hall for dinner, but they still snagged a table. A few minutes later, Angel showed up, closely followed by Riku. Angel sat with the girls and Riku with the boys.
 
"So? What did he say?" Artemis asked, looking worried, as Angel had walked in looking depressed.
 
Angel sighed. "He...He said..."
 
"SPIT IT OUT!" Both Chuko and Artemis said, loud enough to draw the boys' attention for a fleeting second. Once their conversation was private again, Angel spoke.
 
"He said yea!" Angel said, suddenly happy again. She reached for some nachos, giggling herself breathless. "At first I was all worried, you know, like he would say no, but when he said yes I nearly fainted." She paused as she dug in to her cheese-and-beef covered chips, still smiling as she chewed. "I still can't believe it!"
 
Artemis and Chuko gaped. "You're...Kidding. You really scared us there!" Chuko said.
 
"Yeah! Way to nearly make us suffocate! I was holding my breath and everything!" Artemis agreed.
 
"Sorry, but I'm just so happy, I mean I can't wa-!" She stopped dead. "...Uh-oh..."
 
"What?" Chuko and Artemis asked in unison.
 
"I don't have anything to wear!" Angel said, resting her head against her knuckles. "I'm not a prep.! I don't wear, let alone own nice clothes!"
 
Chuko smiled. "Ya know, I think I can help you there."
 
Artemis and Angel each raised one half of a whole pair of eyebrows. Chuko sighed, getting up.
 
"Come on, I'll show you." Chuko said. Artemis sighed as she was dragged away from the food.
 
"Aww, come on!" She whined. At the last second, though, she grabbed for a paper bowl/plate full of nachos, just like Angels. (But not Angels, just from the same group!^^) "Okay, I'm good."
 
~
 
"Nope!...Darn!...Where is it?...Ah...FOUND IT!" Chuko cried triumphantly, pulling a small pile of clothing from a shelf of her closet. She walked out of the walk-in, carrying said clothing. "Here you go!" She said, handing it over to Angel. It turned out that the clothing was a pretty blue chiffon dress, complete with matching heels and a sparkly hair clip.
 
"Woah..." Angel said. "This is really beautiful, where did you get it?!"
 
Chuko grinned from ear to ear. "Well, I made it. You like it?"
 
Angel nodded vigorously. "Yeah, it's absolutely gorgeous!"
 
"You can have it, of you want. It doesn't fit me anymore." Chuko replied.
 
"Really? Are you sure?" Angel asked. "I mean, I don't have many dresses. Usually I don't even like wearing them, but this one's really nice! Thanks!"
 
"No problem. What use would I have for it? Like I said, it doesn't fit me anymore." Chuko said kindly.
 
A change in the scene before her caught Artemis's eye. Something had changed. Upon closer inspection, Artemis finally understood.
 
"Hey, Chuko?" She asked.
 
"Yeah?" Chuko replied.
 
"Why did the flower in your hair change color?"