Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ List of Secrets ❯ Chapter 4

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Julie, Joe and Amy were in their hotel room.

"So," said Joe, "who's next on the List?"

"Iris Young," said Julie.

"Iris Young?" said Amy. "Now I know I was right to take this one."

"Why is that?"

"Iris and I competed for the leading role in Love Allegedly. We got along really well, in spite of that."

"Love Allegedly? That horrid cliche storm of a movie?"

"In all fairness, at that time they were using an earlier, much better version of the script."

"I don't suppose you have a copy of that?" said Joe.

"Yeah, you can look at it, but don't tell anyone you saw it."

"Hold on! Aren't we getting off-topic?" asked Julie. "So, you knew Iris?"

"You started all that," said Amy. "But, yes, I know Iris. We even stayed in touch for a while after she got the part. Then, she suddenly stopped writing. And all the letters I sent came back with a 'no such address' label."

"So, you wish to catch up with her? Fine, just as long as you don't forget why you're there."

"Of course not. I just figured she might open up to me more readily than to you or Joe."

"I suppose that makes sense. Well, it's a little late to be doing anything, so let's all get some sleep, then tomorrow you can get started."

The three of them woke up the next morning. Amy got ready and headed out.

"Okay," said Julie, "I'm going to be doing some paperwork. Why don't you go get us breakfast from somwhere?"

"sure," Joe said.

Once he was gone, Julie took one of her pills and decided she'd avoid walking for a while.

Meanwhile, Amy was tracking down where Iris was. It wasn't easy, but she finally reached her destination. She knocked on the door, which opened about half an minute later. It was Iris Young.

"Hi," said Iris. "What can I do... hold on, are you Amy Westminster?"

Well, I..." said Amy.

"I knew it. It is you. Long time no see! Sorry I lost touch with you, but some things came up, and later I was too scared to know how you'd take it."

"I'm not mad at you. In fact, I actually came here so we could talk."

"I'd ask you to come inside, but right now I'd like for us to go to this cafe I like. Seriously, the world is much poorer for not knowing about this town's waffles."

"Okay, then."

About a minute later, Iris came out of her house, and went with Amy to the cafe. Amy knew Iris might not like what they were about to discuss, so she tried to put it off for at least a little while.