Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ List of Secrets ❯ Chapter 18

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Two years had passed since the List Investigation. Despite Julie's best efforts, her MS had now progressed to where she had to use crutches. Still, she did her best to remain optimistic. Right now, though, all she cared about was meeting up with Joe and Amy. A while had passed since they could all get together, and from what she heard they had some big news to share.

Julie was in her living room when she heard the doorbell. She went and opened the door. It was Joe and Amy.

"Hey! Long time, no see," said Julie.

"Congrats on your promotion!" said Joe. "You'll be running this country before you know it!"

"I dunno. That seems a bit stressful for my tastes." Julie then remembered something. "Did you all hear about Timey-Wimey?"

"You mean that supposed time-travel company?" said Amy. "I heard it shut down a few weeks ago, sued into bankruptcy by disgruntled customers."

"Who cares? That's not why we're here!" said Joe. "Julie, behold this country's newest movie star!"

"Come again?" said Julie.

"Iris Young and I are the leads in Love Allegedly: The Revenge. The movie premieres today. If you're feeling up to it, the afternoon showing is in about an hour."

"Sure, why not?"

"Don't feel you have to see it just to spare his feelings," said Amy.

"No, I really want to check this one out," said Julie. "I figure the writers might've gotten it right this time. Besides, I'm eager to witness your friend's return to the film business."

"Me too," said Amy. "Much like you, Iris was also pleasantly surprised at how people reacted when she admitted her secret. The studio even arranged for her to see someone who could help her regrow her hair."

"How's that going?"

"Pretty good so far, although it'll be a while yet before she can put her wig away."

"I still wonder who compiled the List of Secrets to begin with."

Amy nodded. "I guess we'll never know. Besides, is it really that important?"

"Yeah," said Joe, "we met a bunch of people and helped them with their problems. Isn't that all that matters?"

"You know what?" Julie said. "You're both right. Now, let's go see that movie."

They went to the theater to see Love Allegedly: The Revenge. When it was over, they went outside.

"Oh man," said Julie. "That was worse than the first one."

"Imagine how I feel," said Joe, "having to apologize to the whole theater. I didn't write the script!"

"I liked it," said Amy.

Joe, Julie and Amy then went to dinner at Joe's place. After that, they went their separate ways. Still, they made sure to keep in touch, and to always value the time they spent together.

THE END