Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Wife ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Somewhere along the day Nicolas had changed his mind and decided that he didn't want to find out just how much the waitress would resemble Rea. After all, he'd given himself enough trouble throughout the past year. But when his mind kept trailing back to her before, during, and after the meeting that day, he found that he had no choice but to get things over with once and for all. And he wouldn't mind getting it over with quickly, especially if the girl wasn't Rea.
 
He had parked the Mercedes in The Podium's parking lot at about a quarter to five and waited, wanting to forget the whole thing and return to the hotel half the time. By the time he'd convinced himself to get out of the car and into the restaurant, it'd already been closing time, but that didn't matter much, since the entrance hadn't been locked anyway.
 
Nicolas had stopped in his tracks as soon as he'd gotten inside. Though her back was facing him, he was sure it was the waitress he had seen earlier. Her bun hung messily at the nape of her neck, and her hands worked quickly as she bent over a table to reach the far end as she cleaned its surface. He couldn't help but notice the alarming amount of smooth brown flesh exposed to him thanks to the ridiculously short black skirt of her uniform, and desire pulsed through him for a moment before habit automatically suppressed it. He'd promised himself he would never touch another woman after Rea, and he didn't see why he would break that promise for a scandalously-dressed waitress.
 
His eyes still lingered on the long legs though as he wondered what to do next. Desire pricked him again as he realized that what he wanted to do was approach her and caress those mile-long legs, but reasoning kicked the thought to the curb. He had business to take care of.
 
He'd been about to address her when she half-turned to him to pick up a chair, then froze when she realized that he was there. Nicolas was disappointed to see that she still had sunglasses on.
 
"Um, I'm afraid we're closed, but may I help you?" He perceived the voice as a pitch different from Rea's. Something in him wanted that to be the proof that she wasn't his wife so he could get the hell out of there, but he knew that one could change their voice if they wanted to.
 
"I'm not sure." He decided to go with the truth, even though it could confuse her. "Could you?"
 
The woman stared at him -- or at least he thought she did; he couldn't really tell with those damned dark shades -- then pursed her lips. "If you would tell me what it is that you want, then just maybe I could." She said. Nicolas's eyes had been drawn to her lips as she spoke, and his heart skipped a beat as he watched the smooth, plump appendages come together and separate with every word she pronounced. Rea's had looked very much like them, and he realized that they would feel very much the same if he kissed them.
 
"Could you take off the sunglasses?"
 
***
 
Rea stiffened. Why would he ask her to do that? "Sir, I don't see what that has to do with anything…" She tried to keep her voice calm and at that strange pitch she wasn't quite used to. It wasn't that easy.
 
Rea had frozen at the sight of a silhouette at the corner of her eye as she'd been cleaning. When she saw it was him, she'd almost fainted. She had watched Nicolas mark her every move with those sexy green eyes of his, turning her into a pile of wiry emotions. She wasn't sure she could take any more of this. What if he found out it was her? What if he tried to kiss her to find out? A chill ran up Rea's back before her veins set on fire. If he kissed her, then that would be the complete end. She wouldn't even be able to think. It'd be a clear game-over.
 
She panicked as soon as she saw him approach her. "What are you doing? Sir, if you get any closer, I'll call the police." Relief flooded her when he slowed his steps. "Please let me know what you need or please leave."
 
"You remind me of... someone."
 
Rea could hear her own breath quicken. "Well, I'm sure I'm not that person because I definitely have not seen you before."
 
"If you just let me see your eyes, I'll go."
She made sure she fixed her expression to show confusion before shrugging. "If you'll leave me alone after that, fine." She quickly removed Chelsey's Chanel shades.