Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Love Cures All ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love Cures All

So cold. I shivered as I pulled my thin coat closer to my body, searching for warmth. How stupid I was, to go out in this snow with such a thin coat on. But the snow…how beautiful and pure it is. I sighed. I was not.

Almost no one was out walking at this time, it was getting dark and much too cold for young children. My eyes watered as I spotted a young couple walking hand in hand. They stopped and whispered to each other, ending it with a light kiss, and kept on walking.

I looked down to my feet. I had at least remembered to bring snow boots. A small woollen hat adorned my short blond hair. The coat I wore was long, much too big for me. I chuckled as I thought of how many people thing I am a girl sitting here, while I am a boy. Rare that a boy, no, a man, my age would look so young, 16...not that I really cared.

The snow fell softy, a few resting on my cheeks and nose, left to melt but seconds later. Im sure he would have loved being out here, with me. I sighed contently as I thought of him, Kyle…I wonder what he’s doing at this moment. He must be having the worst time at home…after what happened at school…

I remember completely the day I met Kyle. I was a new student in his school. I remember how shy I was, blushing constantly and trembling. He was the first one to talk to me. I really don’t know how it happened, but we became close. So very close in fact, that no one ever saw us with ought the other. I loved being with him, I couldn’t get enough of it. My heart would race at the thought of him.

I always felt that my feelings were bad. I knew I was not acting normal. This was not how It was supposed to be. Were friends…and that’s all it should have been. Its not right, two guys.

A couple of weeks ago, Kyle confessed…Turns out, he had the same feelings as I. I was so happy, and yet, it still seemed wrong. He kissed me then. A soft, passionate kiss. I can still feel how warm his lips were against mine. I blushed and brought my hands to my lips. It was a magical moment. He tried to convince me that It was alright, what we were feeling. I listened to him. It hurt to be away from him, I couldn’t just ignore it.

Then…what happened today…Someone had found out. A snobbish guy who was in our class. He and his friends ganged up on me and Kyle. They started to make fun of us and I started to cry. Kyle…he had put his arms around me and tried to walk away. But they wouldn’t stop! They kept on saying such horrible, disgusting things. It hurt so much.

Kyle snapped. He turned around so fast, I never saw it coming. He hit that stupid snob right in the face. He staggered and his friends ganged up on Kyle. He tolled me to run, but I stayed. How could I leave him? Kyle was very strong. Both him and the others were hurt badly. One of them even had to be taken to the hospital. The whole time, I cried…

He mustn’t like me anymore…how could he? Why would he? I seem to be nothing but trouble for him. I sighed once more. It was even colder now, but the numbness felt good…

A heavy, warm coat was slipped over my shoulders. I turned my head fast. Kyle…His dark brown hair was covered in white snow. My eyes watered. He was here…

“Jared, what do you think your doing out here in this cold weather?!” He was angry. He was worried about me.

A tear slipped down my cheek, but not because of sadness this time. I shook my head and smiled. I looked up and stared into his blue eyes. Kyle’s heavy coat fell off as I got up and threw myself onto him, wrapping my arms as tightly as I could. He was surprised, but quickly putting his own arms around me. We stayed like that for a few moments, not moving.

He gently pulled me away from his chest and starred deep into my emerald eyes, and kissed me. It was the most passionate of all our kisses. His lips tasted sweet against my own, warming my lips. I cried from the happiness that I felt in my heart. He pulled away after a long moment.

“I love you so much Jared” He whispered.

I cried from the happiness that I felt in my heart. “I love you too” I smiled more brightly then ever before.

We walked away hand in hand, walking along the sparkling path, littered with snow. I squeezed his hand, and he did so back. He loves me…And that’s all I could ever want.